Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hi guys, this is a strange request and i know its not really computer related but hey it could be considered retro!
Well my dear old mother's phone has finally given up and so she requires a new one.
Now being the stubborn stuck in her ways lady she is, she is refusing to get a newer model and want another 3310 (or 3330 as cosmetically they're the same).
I've had a scan around ebay but i believe their prices are too high (£15 quid for phone on it own!).
So i'm wondering if anyone has a 3310 or 3330 lying in a drawer somewhere they wouldn't mind letting go cheap.

Thanks

Mike

Re: Wanted: Nokia 3310 (or 3330) in working condition

I think I have two or three of these. I'll have a poke around at home this evening for you.

If I do, how does £10+P&P sound for the phone and a charger?

If you don't want the charger, how about £10 and I'll cover the P&P?

Don't give her a Nokia! It's a terrorist's weapon! True!!!! :woot:

@ scrappy & AndyLandy

You may wish to compare notes about which network the original phone was on, unless the one being offered is unlocked to all networks.

Merlin said:
@ scrappy & AndyLandy
You may wish to compare notes about which network the original phone was on, unless the one being offered is unlocked to all networks.

All the 3310/3330s I have are unlocked. If not, I still have the software and data cables to do it myself :)

Hi Mike, I might have one 3330 model (it was mine) somewhere. I will search for it and I will inform you.

Just pay the postage only and it's yours (if I'll find it). (y)

Hi Andy, no need for charger mate as she has the box and charger and all original accessories so just the phone would be fine.

Thanks

Mike

@merlin, most of the old Nokia's can be unlocked to all networks with free code calculators off the web, i've done loads of them.

@rkauer, i cant convince her to use any other phone. I have around 10 or 12 different phones that are on the o2 network and work perfectly but she just doesn't want a newer model. She is adament that it has to be another 3310/3330.

scrappysphinx said:
Hi Andy, no need for charger mate as she has the box and charger and all original accessories so just the phone would be fine.
What about the battery? I suspect taking that out will help reduce postage a bit, I could even remove the fascia, but it probably won't help that much. :) I'll have a look and see what I've got, and what condition they're in.
scrappysphinx said:
@merlin, most of the old Nokia's can be unlocked to all networks with free code calculators off the web, i've done loads of them.
I know you can do this with the more-modern (DCT-4) Nokia phones (So 7210, 7650, 6310) I think the older (DCT-3) models (3310, 6210, 8210) need to be done with an MBUS cable and EepromTools software. In theory you can unlock any Nokia with the right NCK code, but I didn't think the DCT-3 algorithm had been reverse-engineered.
On a separate note... Come to think of it, I can probably firmware-flash the latest version of the software on to a 3310, if you want.

I did loads of 3310, 3330, 8210 and such phones using calculators a few years ago all i needed was the imei and what network the phone was on originally.
The only problem was if someone had already had a go at it as you could only put the wrong code in 5 times then it locked the phone and the only way to unlock to all networks was via cable.

There is even a firmware you can flash onto a nokia 3310 that turns the phone into the code calculator for DCT3 phones.

Let me know what you do have but if we can i would like the battery with it too (no fascia required though) as the one she's got the casing is all cracked where
"i didn't know how to get it out so i used a knife to prize it out"

Mike

rkauer said:
Don't give her a Nokia! It's a terrorist's weapon! True!!!! :woot:

LOL rkauer. Only you eh! :jester:

Sod of it is, I will never be able to look @ Debs father the same again. He's 81 years old & has one of those phones! :wooha:

Kin

scrappysphinx said:
Let me know what you do have but if we can i would like the battery with it too (no fascia required though) as the one she's got the casing is all cracked where
"i didn't know how to get it out so i used a knife to prize it out"

Sorry mate, turns out I've got the box, battery and charger, but no actual phone (No idea where the phone went, or why I've still got those)

Lots of other phones, but not 33x0 ones. :( I could've sworn there was one, but evidently not.

No worries Andy.
I managed to grab one quite cheap from the other bay this morning.

Can a mod close the thread

Mike

Re: Found: Nokia 3310 (or 3330) in working condition

Thread Closed as requested

TC :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom