Optimising OS 3.9

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
Ok Guys,
I've been doing a little research into the best way to get the most from my kit but would like some advice from the experts out there.

This is for my 1200 with OS3.9 installed, running with Blizzard PPC card (128Mb RAM) with BVision and Indivision SD/FF.

I have downloaded BoingBags 1 and 2 and Blizkick 1.24 and am in the process of installing these.
I have CyberGraphX 4.0 installed and have installed Warp3D.

I intend to sort out some networking at some point, but I'm really interested in getting the most bang for my buck, whilst not sacrificing stability. Are there any interesting little tweaks, apps or drivers that can make all the difference?

I open the floor to any suggestions.

Re: Optimising OS 3.9

I would never profess to be an Expert (Ex-Spurt) in any vernacular with regard to any capabilities or skills I personally have, because an "Ex" is a "has-been" and a "spurt" is a "Drip Under Pressure". :mrgreen:

Having said that & joking aside, totally off the cuff Phil:

Go to Prefs\Workbench icon & set the Graphics to use other RAM. This will help free up valuable CHIP RAM for your Apps.

Install nothing to your Boot partition & keep the Boot partition as mean & lean as possible. No matter how big your overall hard drive, an OS3.9 Partition @ 100Mb is more than adeqaute for OS3.9 & no matter what file systems you are using, you can still use std. Amiga OS file systems & such, that respond to ReOrg for defragging said partition for optimal performance.

I'm sure there are several Apps you could run on sartup to make things as slick as you like & improve the look of your Amiga Requestors using ReqAttack.

Have a squiz here m8. There are some very useful comments & links:

http://www.youngmonkey.ca/nose/articles/NewTekniques_9902/ImprovingPerformance/index.html

This link was a beauty over @ A.org & now appears dead since they upgraded to the latest version of VB. Perhaps if you Emailed their Staff, they might be able to re-direct you.

http://www.amiga.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=35962&forum=18

Good luck m8y,

Charlie

Re: Optimising OS 3.9

I made a translation for a long gone a.troll thread in AmigaBR.org that I quit some months ago. Google translator and the right url can put you in the right path. :wink:

Hint: my username is always the same... :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom