Not open for further replies.

cardboardboxer

Rating - 100%
15   0   1
Country
EU
Region
UK
I've come into possession of a 1040STE but no way to hook it to my RGB scart monitor. As long as it has been tested as working, i will be interested.

Would like to keep it to the UK to minimise postage costs.

They are like £12 on eBay inc delivery and new and tested.... Doubt you'll get cheaper here!

They are like £12 on eBay inc delivery and new and tested.... Doubt you'll get cheaper here!

Yeah i saw some on ebay, might just do that if no one replies. Stuck up a thread just because you never know if someone has a spare or something.

i have brand new original old stock STE scart cables with the 2 x RCA outputs - sealed - £15 plus shipping

I got a Scart RGB cable but may have a problem. Sometimes the picture jumps, it will stay fine and then maybe 20 seconds later jump a little or roll. I know about how the Atari ST syncs on green of RGB, some TVs don't like the signal or don't sync on green ect. Tried it on my LG LCD TV and my old Scart RGB CRT monitor from around that era there is also a green option on that monitor. Going to try it on a different modern CRT TV tomorrow and a smaller LCD TV. Most likely its something wrong with the cable but i don't see any problems; It looks all soldered up well with no touching bare wire, clean solder ect. RF cable looked surprisingly decent on the Atari STe just a bit more fuzzy but the colour was fine.

I know i had a bit of a rant but i might have to return that one so i'm still looking for offers.

I also have similar problem with my stfm.

Depending of the white quantity in the image, the screen jumps and distorts a bit.

example ... if I maximize a TOS window the image does distorted.
Also acessing the TOS drop down menus the image "jumps" a little!

I have an Philips CM 8802 monitor.

Any idea?

Depending of the white quantity in the image, the screen jumps and distorts a bit.
A similar issue (distortion of edges related to presence of white colour) happens to SNES when displaying RGB on some TVs.

It seems to be related to Sync but I didn't had the time to see if there are workarounds for this issue. Another fact that makes me think of issues related to the Sync signal is that the CM8802 should handle very well the non-standard RGB signal coming from a ST.

Other methods used in the past worked for mid-90s CRTs but were not ideal for the Glue IC. A monitor like the good old Philips CM8833 will work okay for ST machines though.

Cheers,
Oge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom