PDA

View Full Version : GBS-8220

Justin
12th September 2012, 09:56
Hi all,

well i think i need to take the plunge and buy one of these, but i have some questions 1st

how can you tell what revision a board is? (none of them seem to say on ebay)

i have read posts on here where people have problems with artifacts and screens being off centre, is there a cure?

cheers, Justin

TheCorfiot
12th September 2012, 11:12
Hey Buddy

What happened to the svideo board I sent you, did you get it working OK?

They defnitely work as I tested it here, if you want to send it back for me to further check thats cool with me..... the S-video output was really nice and clean...

TC :)

Justin
12th September 2012, 11:23
Hey Buddy

What happened to the svideo board I sent you, did you get it working OK?

They defnitely work as I tested it here, if you want to send it back for me to further check thats cool with me..... the S-video output was really nice and clean...

TC :)

hello me old mucka :)

s-video is fine m8, but i am thinking of multiple systems and at about £xx it may be a good idea.

johnim
12th September 2012, 11:33
hi justin you do get some glitches around the mouse in wb but for the price i live with it in games no problems i see

velourfog
12th September 2012, 11:39
i have read posts on here where people have problems with artifacts and screens being off centre, is there a cure?
cheers, Justin

The centering is possible to fix by just adjusting the picture settings.

There are artifacts:

Ghosting thing around mouse pointer in WB (doesn't bother me)
Dancing/jumping white pixels in bands/stripes when the screen is black, not visible while playing most screens, but very annoying on title screens etc.

I have never seen any issues with scrolling or AGA colours.

I have tried with 2 different boards/Amigas/cables so I think you will notice them to some degree. For the price I think the boards are OK though.

Justin
12th September 2012, 11:52
thanks for the replies guys:)

TheCorfiot
12th September 2012, 12:28
thanks for the replies guys:)

From what I have heard buddy, the V3 board has fixed a lot of issues that people had, although I have seen a V4 advertised bysome sellers.

Wouldnt mind one myself to play with.

TC ;)

Justin
12th September 2012, 12:30
where have you seen the revisions listed m8?

TheCorfiot
12th September 2012, 12:34
where have you seen the revisions listed m8?

On the notorious evilbay.....

The boys at STH have been contacting the sellers directly before buying to ensure theyget at least a V3 board...

Tbh, most V2's are probably sold out by now....

TC ;)

Phipscube
12th September 2012, 15:38
Is it possible to upgrade an older board via firmware?