PDA

View Full Version : Identify some hardware for me please

-Acid-
14th September 2012, 00:09
Hi lads n lasses, I recently bought quite a few Amiga's and one of them was a towered A1200, I knew it had some sort of bus board in it with a network card and some sort of scan doubler I was told. Can someone tell me what these cards are exactly?

tokyoracer
14th September 2012, 00:57
The first one is a DCE scandoubler/flickerfixer, a popular one at the time.
Busboard, no idea could be any make.
The Zorro Ethernet card is an Individual Computers X-Surf.
The last card is a GVP graphics card (probably Spectrum 28/24).

rkauer
14th September 2012, 03:33
Last card IS a GVP IV28/24.

Atreus
14th September 2012, 04:09
Second photo, Zorro slots would be E/Box Zorro IV
http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/eboxz4
It's something that I was dreamin' years ago but never had an A1200...

geminister
14th September 2012, 05:40
I have owned a Zorro IV busboard and can confirm that it is that one. It's the best Zorro busboard for A1200, without a doubt.

AndyLandy
14th September 2012, 07:12
Yup, a DCE scandoubler and an X-Surf. X-Surfs are quite awesome.

All in all, that's a rather impressive little haul! I hope you have fun with it.

:thumbsup:

-Acid-
14th September 2012, 07:17
I already own an Indivision, is there any point to keeping the scan doubler in the system when i've merged all the bits I want for my existing tower? And being a complete noob when it comes to exotic hardware in Amiga's (for 20 year I was your basic A1200 hd and accel man lol), is that a good gfx card? what sort of resolutions are we talking about using with it?

AndyLandy
14th September 2012, 07:23
I already own an Indivision, is there any point to keeping the scan doubler in the system when i've merged all the bits I want for my existing tower?

The Indivision is probably the better scandoubler, so personally, I'd likely keep that. Although the DCE is more 'authentic', having been manufactured back in the day.

Hmm, all this talk of scandoublers reminds me that I really should look at getting one for my A1200...

-Acid-
15th September 2012, 11:47
I think I will stick with my beloved Indi then and sell the other one when the time comes. Can someone fill me in on the capabilities of this gfx card? Having never had one is this how things will work.... I can use higher res screens modes in WB but when I play games it will revert back to using the AGA chipset to output those? And if yes how do I get the gfx card and aga display signals through the Indi at the same time to display on my lcd monitor?

cosmicfrog
15th September 2012, 19:17
nice system, thing is if you going replace scan doubler/ flicker fixer you going have to take it all apart

-Acid-
16th September 2012, 02:49
nice system, thing is if you going replace scan doubler/ flicker fixer you going have to take it all apart
All part of the fun! :)

cosmicfrog
16th September 2012, 14:08
yep but the real fun starts when you have to put it back together, yay :D