PDA

View Full Version : NG Amiga Thread or section please

cugar124
21st September 2012, 19:43
Hi Guys
A question to the community and the Admins, Could we get all the NG Amiga stuff put together Please?

I have done loads of different sites and am loving my Sam440 but call me a snob or just an old fart that likes things done in the Amibay way, I just can't get used to the other sites. I would love to see a tab for Amiga NG or an easy search for it. I know that not many people sell them or trade them but even our questions and answers put into an FAQ would be a start.

Just some idea's for sections

Software
FAQ's
Top Free software
Top Paid for software
Emulators
Linux

Hardware
FAQ's
Bios Updates
Getting stuff to work

Sorry I know its a bit vague but I am sure other people will put in their pennies worth.

Thanks guys

AL

Justin
21st September 2012, 20:03
actually i quiet like this idea so.....

+1:thumbsup:

Hi Guys
A question to the community and the Admins, Could we get all the NG Amiga stuff put together Please?

I have done loads of different sites and am loving my Sam440 but call me a snob or just an old fart that likes things done in the Amibay way, I just can't get used to the other sites. I would love to see a tab for Amiga NG or an easy search for it. I know that not many people sell them or trade them but even our questions and answers put into an FAQ would be a start.

Just some idea's for sections

Software
FAQ's
Top Free software
Top Paid for software
Emulators
Linux

Hardware
FAQ's
Bios Updates
Getting stuff to work

Sorry I know its a bit vague but I am sure other people will put in their pennies worth.

Thanks guys

AL

AndyLandy
21st September 2012, 20:18
Talk to us more about what you want. If you've got some content, we can find somewhere to put it!

:thumbsup:

cugar124
22nd September 2012, 14:50
Hi Andy
how about this for a start?

A link on the Home Page of Amibay for The NG then have sub links for the categories.

Also what about collecting links on the NG page for hardware and software.

How about getting the guys who are on here who own an NG machine to put up their most used software and Hardware once we have an idea of numbers and interest maybe some of the developers would put in idea's too.

Can you run a banner on the home page to ask the guys to help fill out the NG section.

Something for the Admins would be to keep say the software separate so if one guy talks about a piece of software such as a game it gets its own heading, this would help when trying to find stuff.

Sorry I really am crap at this so bare with me.

Hope that helps

AL:help:

AndyLandy
22nd September 2012, 16:43
I'm just trying to work out how this would fit in with the rest of the site structure. There's definitely scope for AmiBay covering these topics, but I'm not sure if NG Amiga is popular enough to warrant its own special discussion section, particularly since even classic Amigas don't have that.

Perhaps a sticky thread in General Chat that covers a lot of this ground might be a good way to go to begin with?

cugar124
22nd September 2012, 21:19
hi Andy

sounds like a good start, the NG stuff is an awesome way to keep development going, who knows if we can get interest maybe more people will get involved.

Al

Dragonheart
22nd September 2012, 21:39
Excuse my ignorance but was is NG?

No Good?
Neon Genesis?
New Generation?
Next Generation?
Neo Geo?
Naked Girls?
National Geographic?
:D

AndyLandy
22nd September 2012, 22:50
New Generation?
Next Generation?

Yes. It's one of those, the various flavours of new Amiga. Red & Blue...

cugar124
23rd September 2012, 20:59
Hi Guys
Just so we are clear NG (Next Generation) is the Sam series machines the Eyetech Amiga One, even the Pegasus machines and of course even the OS4 running classics.

What I am thinking is to get OS4.1 and its hardware as well known as its older brothers.

:thumbsup:

Al