Not open for further replies.

dangermouse

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Country
New Zealand
Hi guys

I'm chasing the top part of the casework for an Amiga 600 in as good condition as I can get. Don't mind if it has to come with the lower part as I can always keep for spares.

Will require shipping to NZ and PayPal as a payment option. Please let me know a total cost if you're willing to part with one.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: WTB: A600 top case

Check in my For Sale thread - white case (and keyboard) there, among other things.

I'll check postage to NZ (cheapest airmail, probably takes a week).

Shipping is 18€ for up to 1kg - and with careful packing it will probably weigh close to that.

So, total 43€, but 40€ is okay.

Sounds good. If I went for the keyboard as well (mine is a little worse for wear) what would the total be?

Thanks for the reply

Well, say 20€ extra for the keyboard, and with an extra 0.5kg, the shipping was 27€, so 69€ total. My electronic scale hasn't arrived yet, but I can weigh it tomorrow. Just using my hand as scale :) I think it's a stretch it will go under 1kg, but the higher postage with the keyboard covers up to 2 kg.

So if you want something in this pic,

goodies.jpg

let me know and I might be able to include it in 2kg=same shipping. I also have an internal A600 floppy that works fine (I removed it when I made the portable A600), and external floppies. I guess you already have a chipmem expansion...? I could add that for a lower price than in the A600 stuff thread. Or just ask if there's something else you need, I have boxes and boxes o' stuff now that I moved them over from my old place :)

Mmmm..interesting little pile of bits you have there. Things I may be interested in are:

1. The external floppy drive
2. Is that a beefier aftermarket A600 power supply (240V input)?

The only other things I'm keen on getting are an A600 accelerator (I'm dreaming right??) and some springs from an A500 keyboard. I've seen A500 keyboards with springs that are visible under the key but I've got a keyboard where the springs are a lot smaller and sit in the key so are not visible unless you take the whole keyboard apart.

That's about it really. Yes, my A600 has the 601 RAM expansion so I don't think I'll need another.

Let me know if either 1) or 2) are for sale and if one of them will squeeze under the 2kg limit and we'll be good to go.

Thanks again for the reply

Went down to town and weighed the items
1. Okelidokeli
2. No, that's a normal ATX PSU with an Amiga power plug, of the type that used to sit in PC chassis ten years ago. It's switchable 115/230V and takes a normal PC power plug.

OK, weights:

A600 Keyboard - 594g
A600 Case - 572g
Ext floppy - 953g
Slim CD-ROM - 189g
10 GB HDD - 96g
Modulator - 143g

So for the three top ones+400g box+packing (2519g), 10€ extra shipping (went over 2kg) and say 18€ for the drive: let's see... that's 97€, right? Total, all included.

So if you PayPal that, you should have it in 6 weekdays. You can also pay 143 USD, if that's more convenient.

Thanks for your trouble with this Photon.

Looking at the cost of floppy drive with extra shipping it isn't really worth it to me. I'll find one locally if I need one but don't strictly 'need' one at the moment.

So, I'll stick with the original items (casework and keyboard) so it looks like I owe you Euro 69.

Now, I'm haven't bought anything off AmiBay so not 100% sure how we proceed but I do know that I need your PayPal email address so I can get some money to you. Can you let me know your PayPal email address so I can pay?

Thanks again

Well, you just let the AmiBayers know exactly what has been included in the deal and all is fine. When the money and the item(s) have been received and okayed, you leave feedback and admins close the thread.

PM sent with payment details!

Will update the "A600 stuff thread"...

Payment received from Dangermouse for the A600 case+keyboard+shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom