Battery replacement

Re: Battery replacement

keropi said:
check this auction too: http://cgi.ebay.com/COIN-LITHIUM-BATTER ... 33564eff85

he has pics, and a diode on the battery socket to prevent it from charging (y) this is essential!

@Andy

Scrappyspinx (why can't user handles be easier to spell :LOL: ) had some of these up for sale on here.

I've also got a couple of spares hanging about.

Dave G 8)

Well, if either @davideo or @scrappysphinx have spares, I'd rather throw money at the lovely folks of Amibay, rather than J. Random Seller on the Other Bay.

@Andy

This is Mikes thread showthread.php?t=2285

If he's run out of them let me know and I'll sort mine out.

Dave G 8)

@Andy

PM on the way.

Dave G 8)

..Or just mount a supercap instead, and you dont have to modify the charging, and dont have to replace batterys..

I have done it on my A4000.. 2.2F if I remember correctly, can hold the time at least a week, never tried it for a longer time.

@Glenn: yes, it will work. But the Amiga RTC is a "hungry" device compared with PC BIOS or industrial devices where some supercapacitors are used in.

The capacitor's charge will not last much more than 10 days, even this insane 2.2F (2,2 million micro-Farads!) capacity unit.

I purchased one of the batteries with the diode from evilbay after Keropi's post. I really don't need a RTC for anything, but I figure it would be nice. :)

Heather

rkauer;35933this insane 2.2F ([B said:
2,2 million micro-Farads![/B]
)capacity unit.
Mmmmmm.... millions of micro farads......:drool:
:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Andy

Your batteries etc were posted last night.

Hopefully they should have arrived today.

Dave G 8)

@Andy

Your batteries etc were posted last night.

Hopefully they should have arrived today.

Dave G 8)

IT WORKED! :woot::woot::woot:
My soldering skills are pretty weak at best, but with an awful lot of time and patience, my A2000 can now keep the time without rotting her motherboard! As ever, here is the obligatory pr0n shot -- Not the prettiest job in the world, but functional, and now I know there's no chance of her dying of battery leakage. :)

coinbattery.jpg

@davideo: Thanks for the bits, 'tis appreciated. I'll try and find a moment over the weekend to throw feedback at you (and everyone else I owe feedback to!)

:woot::woot::woot:

Not the prettiest job in the world, but functional, and now I know there's no chance of her dying of battery leakage. :)

We can't all be Zeet masters :LOL:

As long as it works that is the main thing (y)

Dave G :cool:

Back
Top Bottom