Not open for further replies.

plonkor

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Country
UK
Region
London
Hi, as per the title, i'm looking for an A1200. It must be in excellent condition with little to no yellowing. Idealy it will include a working PSU, mouse, etc.

I'm also interested in any for sale complete with a CF card installed.

Let me know what you have, cost, and some piccys please.

I have a spare A1200 in pretty good condition that I was thinking of offering for sale at some point. I actually have 2 spare, but this is the better of the two.

It does have some slight yellowing to the keyboard, but the casing is nice with no signs of yellowing.
It currently has a 4GB CF HD setup and a Blizzard 1220/4 accelerator with 4MB men upgrade, FPU and MMU. I think Sysinfo reports it as running at 33Mhz. The last time I checked it gave a score 4800, which isn't much behind a 1230 card.
It is complete with working PSU but I cannot remember the condition? I will have to check in morning as its a bit late to start digging stuff out with the missus in bed LOL.
There is a working mouse but again not sure on condition until tomorrow.
Also I have the A/V lead and Workbench disks and manual if I can find them.
I think I also have a joystick for it, and a box of about 40 disks with stuff on (but sold as blanks only)

The Amiga isn't boxed but would be well packaged for delivery, and I could send next day courier.

Not sure on what to ask, but looking at similar systems for sale, I think for the complete set up listed above £150 Paypal gift, plus £14 for 24 hour courier delivery cost would be a reasonable price?

I don't really want to split it up at the moment, and if you are interested I will sort some pictures out for you tomorrow.

I have a spare A1200 in pretty good condition that I was thinking of offering for sale at some point. I actually have 2 spare, but this is the better of the two.

It does have some slight yellowing to the keyboard, but the casing is nice with no signs of yellowing.
It currently has a 4GB CF HD setup and a Blizzard 1220/4 accelerator with 4MB men upgrade, FPU and MMU. I think Sysinfo reports it as running at 33Mhz. The last time I checked it gave a score 4800, which isn't much behind a 1230 card.
It is complete with working PSU but I cannot remember the condition? I will have to check in morning as its a bit late to start digging stuff out with the missus in bed LOL.
I think I also have a joystick for it, and a box of about 40 disks with stuff on (but sold as blanks only)

The Amiga isn't boxed but would be well packaged for delivery, and I could send next day courier.

Not sure on what to ask, but looking at similar systems for sale, I think for the complete set up listed above £150 Paypal gift, plus £14 for 24 hour courier delivery cost would be a reasonable price?

I don't really want to split it up at the moment, and if you are interested I will sort some pictures out for you tomorrow.

Hi, please post some piccys.

I have a mint condition one along with some upgrades.

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=35340

Thanks for the offer tlosm, bitcpy. I'd prefer something in the UK to keep the postage costs down

Hi, I wont be back home until later this evening but will get some pics sorted as soon as I can for you.

Cheers.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.
I had a lot of work on today and only had a couple of chances to get on the net earlier. I am off tomorrow so will be able to sort some photos out for you as soon as I get up LOL.

Forgot to say that my lad informed me that the upper shield is missing from inside which is pretty common with the 1200's these days. It does have the HD cradle with the 4GB CFHD fitted to it. He said he booted it up today and it runs great. It is using Scalos as the o/s which I don't have much knowledge on, and he confirmed it is almost 4x quicker then a stock A1200 according to sysinfo. He said a couple of the screws underneath aren't original, but everything works as it should. The floppy read everything he tried on it, and stuff like Frontier is much better with the accelerator card.
The mouse isn't original it is white and has a switch to change between Atari and Amiga. I may have a genuine Amiga mouse but will have to do some more digging. The PSU is showing signs of age but is in good physical condition. I think it may be an A500/A600 PSU but will need to check as the lad forgot to have a look.

Cheers.

Hi, please post some piccys.

I have a mint condition one along with some upgrades.

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=35340

Thanks for the offer tlosm, bitcpy. I'd prefer something in the UK to keep the postage costs down

Ok ... No problem but for simple shipping the price is 20€ for England

Ciao
Luigi

I have checked the Miggy over today.
The PSU looks to be originally from an A600 but does run the Amiga fine. I did find a spare Commodore mouse but it is badly yellowed, it would need a good retrobrite to make it look okay again.
The computer itself looks pretty good for its age, it has been taken apart in the past to fit the CFHD and the lad informs me it is a Sandisk 4GB card in it. It is also a Kickstart 3.0 with Workbench 3.0 disks and manual. Also noticed on Sysinfo that the Blizzard 1220/4 desn't have MMU but does have FPU fitted.

Heres some pictures as promised.

amiga1.jpg

amiga2.jpg

amiga3.jpg

amiga4.jpg

amiga5.jpg

amiga6.jpg

Let us know what you reckon.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks for the piccys, that's a pretty nice looking A1200. Could you let me know what's on the CF card? What ROM is it?

Thanks for the piccys, that's a pretty nice looking A1200. Could you let me know what's on the CF card? What ROM is it?

The CF has a version of Scalos O/S which I haven't come across before, I think it is more of a frontend then a full operating system, but not really had much of a look into it.
There is some games on there I would estimate around 100+ but not gone through all the folders and counted them. I would have to state that I am strictly not selling the games and would remove them if the mods required me to do so due to legal issues. It is on Kickstart 3.0 Rom with Workbench 3.0 disks included.
I bought it as a spare machine when I started collecting Miggys again a while back.
I have just checked through all my stuff and actually have 4x A1200's in various states, I found another one I forgot I had LOL.

There is some games on there I would estimate around 100+ but not gone through all the folders and counted them. I would have to state that I am strictly not selling the games and would remove them if the mods required me to do so due to legal issues.

The rules states the following
Illegal Software is not allowed
All software offered on the site should be original and include any packaging, manuals, serial numbers, code wheels, etc., if required by the software (unless the software is described as incomplete).
Pirated copies are not allowed; offenders will receive a warning or ban if illegal software is offered for sale.
Public Domain, Shareware and Freeware are allowed; 'Abandonware' is allowed provided you can supply written proof of its dissemination from the original author.

Dave G :cool:

There is some games on there I would estimate around 100+ but not gone through all the folders and counted them. I would have to state that I am strictly not selling the games and would remove them if the mods required me to do so due to legal issues.

The rules states the following
Illegal Software is not allowed
All software offered on the site should be original and include any packaging, manuals, serial numbers, code wheels, etc., if required by the software (unless the software is described as incomplete).
Pirated copies are not allowed; offenders will receive a warning or ban if illegal software is offered for sale.
Public Domain, Shareware and Freeware are allowed; 'Abandonware' is allowed provided you can supply written proof of its dissemination from the original author.

Dave G :cool:

Thanks Dave. I will have to categorically state that the HD will be supplied with the o/s only.

All received, extremely well packaged, and working a treat. Feedback left. Thanks once again!

Glad it got there safely. If you need anything in the future then please do not hesitate to ask :)

Leaving feedback for you as well. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom