Installing HxC questions

TroelsDK

AmiBayer
Country
Denmark
Region
Holbæk
I've put the 's' on 'cause there will probably be more questions later :)

But first..

I bought a boot selector with the intention to use the HxC floppy emulator as DF1 and internal drive as DF0... Would be nice to have a 500 with both!

The instructions from the boot selector say it should be the external floppy in the expansion port to be used as other drive, but would it be possible to make it the HxC? Could I desolder the expansion port and convert it to floppy cable? Hope this makes sense :blink:

Yes and yes. Set the HxC as DF1:

Do you mean that I can change the 23 pin external disk drive port to an internal 34 pin disk drive for the HxC and then set that internal DH1 via the boot selector?

Yes. Check this on Aminet (skip the hack to make the "drive" Amiga, as it already is).

OK thanks for your help so far, but I'm not that technical (total amateur):unsure:

This is what I can read from that file you are linking to:

PHP:
          Amiga Drive Port (DB23) - PC Drive BUS 34 Pins Connector
                                    Pins

2   30
                                  11   34
                                  13   32
                                  14   28
                                  15   26
                                  17   22
                                  18   20
                                  19   18
                                  22   8

Odd wires (1~33 on Drive BUS) are connected to ground at 3,5 and 7 pins on
  Amiga drive port connector.

Amiga Drive Port (DB23) - PC Drive PS 4 Pins Connector
                                    Pins

3,5,7   2,3   (GND)
                                  12   1     (+5V)
                                  23   4     (+12V)
I would love to do this right, but I'm not sure how the connections should be... I have taken the 500 apart and snapped some pictures, maybe you can show me from these how it all should be connected? :roll:

Just remember to swap the wires from pins 2 & 34 as the HxC is already a "real" Amiga drive.

:please:

Still need your help rkauer :roll:

How do I connect the 23 pin external disk port to the 34 pin cable from the HxC?

I've got all the parts needed, just need :sos

Found this http://www.ianstedman.co.uk/Amiga/designs/Floppy_Adaptor_V2/floppy_adaptor_v2.html

I've put this together like this :

Skema.jpg

My plan is to unsolder the external floppy port, and solder a 34 pin floppy cable directly to the motherboard..

Is this the correct way to connect it all? :sos

Seems correct to me.

Sorry for been absent the last days. Things are hectic on this part of the globe, my work, for example.

BRB real life.

Thanks rkauer :) no problem mate :) I'll try this out the comming week, let you know how it goes :)

Back
Top Bottom