PDA

View Full Version : Closed Hard Drive & CF Card Setup Service

fitzsteve
21st October 2012, 16:06
Hi!

I am now offering my services setting up CF cards and IDE HDD's for Amiga systems, to comply with Amibay's rules you will need to own original copies of any OS and Software you want me to install, you can either send your original copies to me with your CF or HDD or you can photograph them with your user name written on paper with the current date.

The current services I can offer are:

Setting up a standard Workbench 2.x/3.1/3.9 or Classic Workbench versions (GAAE up to CWBOS3.9)
Setting up Mediator or Picasso96 RTG* Drivers (for PicassoIV for example)

(*For Mediator only Voodoo 3 Card is available at standard resolutions, sound and network cards to be setup by the end user to their own specifications)

Installing custom Libraries for 060 & PPC Cards (Including Warp3D on Mediator/Voodoo 3)

Setting up PCMCIA drivers to use PCMCIA Card Readers.

Setting up large Disk support for HDD's over 4gb, partitioned to users requirements. (Your choice of FFS, SFS or PFS3)

I can do 2.5in & 3.5in real IDE HDDs and CF cards but I do not have the facility to prepare SCSI drives, sorry.

I can also supply 4gb CF Cards with IDE adapter & cable. All my adapters flash the HDD LED.

CF Adapters for big box Amiga's also available as above if you have an A4000/etc!

I will also give advice on which setup is most suitable for your own Amiga as it will depends of the specs of your machine :thumbsup:

Cost of my services:

My Standard Workbench install including Classic Workbench Packs is 10 + any postage costs.

My advanced installs such as for Mediator/RTG support is 15 + any postage costs.

I stock generic 4gb CF card's with IDE adapter & cable (see pic above) they cost 11.99 + P&P. (5 in stock)

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm105/fitzsteve/Sales/P1030202_zps78204189.jpg

UK = 1.20, EU = 3.30 & Outside EU = 3.80 (sorry postage prices went up) :(

UK add 1.10 if you want recorded delivery, International add 5.50 if you want signed for shipping

The CF Kits are only available if taking a setup service.

Update 16/03/13

I'm offering a new service now too where I can offer you a backup of your CF card on DVD which you can restore at any time using WinImage (http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=39231).

This extra service is 5 (only available when you buy my setup service including the CF Card/Adapter) :smile:

Update 31/1/13

Now trialing 8gb (And Larger) CF Card Setup Service: (Currently out of stock but can be ordered, POA)

I have two brand new 8gb Kingston CF Cards, one was opened to test compatibility with the Amiga, the other obviously will be once I set it up. *Both sold but can order more on request as well as larger CF's - Ask for a quote (prices may vary as they are bought per order)*

These are normally POA(Special Order Only)* + P&P with your choice of A or B cable/adapter as per above. Setup is per above costs, if successful I can order more (they will be generic ones like the 4gb version and the price might be a little cheaper.)

Update 22/06/13

As of today I am trialing a new service in addition to my physical HDD & CF setup service I'm now offering a digital download service where I will prep for you and delivery an Image electrically.

For this to work I will need the exact size of your CF card in bytes, as my image has to be equal or smaller than your media, I will also deliver the software (shareware version of WinImage) for you to use to load this onto your CF. Other Image writing software might work for you i.e if you are not on Windows but is untested by me.

You can see my guide here for creating your CF from my Image:

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=39231

I will upload it to my web space for you to download, a 4gb CF image is approx 2gb once compressed. Bare in mind your download limits when using this service.

As an alternative I can burn the image/s to DVD and mail them (at extra cost of course)

Currently this is only available for 4gb CF cards, if your card is too small (i.e smaller then my smallest images) I cannot help sadly.

My electronic setup prices are the same as for real drives.

Please post in this thread if you want to take up my services, details and exact requirements can be discussed in PM :)

Thanks for reading & I hope I can help the community :thumbsup:

Steve.

Examples:

http://sitespinner.ihostvm.com/fitzsteve/image/obj5geo5pg1p9.png

http://sitespinner.ihostvm.com/fitzsteve/image/obj9geo9pg1p9.png

http://sitespinner.ihostvm.com/fitzsteve/image/obj11geo11pg1p9.png

http://sitespinner.ihostvm.com/fitzsteve/image/obj13geo13pg1p9.png

http://sitespinner.ihostvm.com/fitzsteve/image/obj14geo14pg1p9.png

http://sitespinner.ihostvm.com/fitzsteve/image/obj17geo17pg1p9.png

Feedback from satisfied customers :)

http://www.amibay.com/showpost.php?p=385629&postcount=34

(+see attached)

More feedback will be added soon!

dsoftdave
25th October 2012, 02:08
Hi Steve,
Are you able to setup a large hd with workbench 3.1 on and able to use the full disk, something like 80gig or 120gig, I can supply the disks for you, have tried but refuses to see the larger partitions, works ok in WINUEA.

Best regards
Dave

fitzsteve
25th October 2012, 02:24
Hi Steve,
Are you able to setup a large hd with workbench 3.1 on and able to use the full disk, something like 80gig or 120gig, I can supply the disks for you, have tried but refuses to see the larger partitions, works ok in WINUEA.

Best regards
Dave

Yes I can, no problem :-)

Drop me a pm to discuss further.

Steve
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-gb; HTC_DesireHD Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

quarkx
25th October 2012, 03:49
Great! I got my A1200 here and I want to get CWB3.9 on it and I have absolutely no clue on WinAUE especially when I have a Mac. I will be sending a pm, It's probably cheaper to send you photos and such an just get a CF card sent from you to Canada, at least those you can pop in a regular envelope and sent for next to nothing.
I will be sending a pm soon.

Akiko80
25th October 2012, 07:39
Sent a PM. :)

dsoftdave
25th October 2012, 09:28
PM. sent :)

fitzsteve
25th October 2012, 09:37
PM's replied :thumbsup:

@quarkx,

No problem! I can also supply the CF's if you need :thumbsup:

quarkx
25th October 2012, 20:16
PM sent also, sorry for the delay.

fitzsteve
25th October 2012, 22:50
CF cards ready for quarkx & Akiko80, payment already rec from Akiko80 so will post tomorrow :thumbsup:

Cheers!

@Thread I'm waiting for a delivery of CF cards and cables so there might be a slight delay on any new orders!

-Acid-
25th October 2012, 23:12
Have you got a cheap source of CF cards Steve or are you just using ebay?

fitzsteve
25th October 2012, 23:25
Have you got a cheap source of CF cards Steve or are you just using ebay?

I'm just using eBay at the moment, but if I get enough interest I will try to approach supliers directly, any bulk discounts will be passed on. Right now it's about 8 for the CF, cable and adapter. :)

fitzsteve
29th October 2012, 20:35
Feedback done both siade for Akiko80's CF card - many thanks for your custom, enjoy :thumbsup:

@Thread I now have CF's back in stock but still waiting on IDE cables :Doh:

quarkx
1st November 2012, 18:25
Just sent Payment :lol:

fitzsteve
1st November 2012, 18:29
Just sent Payment :lol:

Cheers, will post it tomorrow :thumbsup:

fitzsteve
2nd November 2012, 10:55
@quarkx, posted today :thumbsup:

DonAmiga
3rd November 2012, 18:00
Interested sending pm :)

fitzsteve
3rd November 2012, 19:11
@ DonAmiga PM replied :thumbsup:

@Thread post #1 updated with some extra examples and customer feedback :)

BamberO
3rd November 2012, 20:04
I have a 500+ Steve, and an old IDE Hdd, what options are available to me?

Peter
3rd November 2012, 21:00
@ Steve - cant access the customer feedback link at the end of your first thread mate - says I don't have enough privileges... you might want to check it out.

fitzsteve
3rd November 2012, 21:24
I have a 500+ Steve, and an old IDE Hdd, what options are available to me?

Hmm, old HDD's probably don't travel too well, maybe it's worth swapping to a CF based setup? You could go for a 1gb or 2gb CF if your setup does not support larger drives. I can supply smaller CF (special order) and power converter/IDE adapter :cool:

PM me if you want to talk further :thumbsup:

@ Steve - cant access the customer feedback link at the end of your first thread mate - says I don't have enough privileges... you might want to check it out.

Thanks I will check :thumbsup:

DonAmiga
3rd November 2012, 23:02
pm replied and payment sent :thumbsup:

ShadieB
4th November 2012, 01:08
Hi Steve,

Any chance you would be able to supply and set up a 16GB CFHD for my A1200 desktop?
I do own a legal WB3.1 and would like to have classic WB installed (if possible) and set up for my Blizzard 1260 to make the system and disk access as fast as possible?

If possible can you let us know a price including delivery please.

I know some will say I only need 4GB, but I already have one at 4GB, and would like the extra space just to know I have it available if I ever needed it :)

Cheers Paul.

fitzsteve
4th November 2012, 11:34
pm replied and payment sent :thumbsup:

Many thanks, will prepare the CF's today and post tomorrow :thumbsup:

Hi Steve,

Any chance you would be able to supply and set up a 16GB CFHD for my A1200 desktop?
I do own a legal WB3.1 and would like to have classic WB installed (if possible) and set up for my Blizzard 1260 to make the system and disk access as fast as possible?

I know some will say I only need 4GB, but I already have one at 4GB, and would like the extra space just to know I have it available if I ever needed it :)

Cheers Paul.

Hi Paul,

I can get a 16gb CF for you, no problem and set it up. There will of course be a delay whilst the card is delivered to me as I don't keep them in stock.

I can setup the CWB of your choice and install required file system, 060 libs, etc :)

I'll check my usual stockist for prices and report back.

Steve.

ShadieB
4th November 2012, 13:54
Thats great thanks Steve.
I am in no rush so whenever is convenient for you and suppliers etc. :)

Cheers.

fitzsteve
4th November 2012, 15:07
Thats great thanks Steve.
I am in no rush so whenever is convenient for you and suppliers etc. :)

Cheers.

Hi!

I checked prices.

16gb Generic CF = 12
16gb Kingston 266x = 16 (only 2 left at that price or its 18 )

I've not tested the Kingston 266x Cards with Amiga though before and as you may know some CF are not compatible.

Setup fee = 10
Postage = 1

+1 if you need a CF-IDE adapter, I don't have any IDE cables at the moment and delivery is still overdue!

PM me if you want me to order the card, payment will be needed up front.

All the best,

Steve.

ShadieB
4th November 2012, 15:43
PM Sent thx.

fitzsteve
4th November 2012, 17:32
PM Sent thx.

PM replied :thumbsup:

@DonAmiga

CF's done and ready to be posted tomorrow :cool:

@Thread post #1 updated with a couple more examples :)

---------- Post added at 16:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Payment rec from ShadieB & 16gb CF ordered! Will update once it arrives :thumbsup:

DonAmiga
4th November 2012, 21:04
Thanks for the update and the pic's :)

fitzsteve
5th November 2012, 14:44
Thanks for the update and the pic's :)

No probs mate, posted today so hopefully with your tomorrow :thumbsup:

Enjoy! I've gone for the 1.3 Theme on my A500+ it's really cool! :cool:

DonAmiga
6th November 2012, 19:00
Arrived today safely, nicely setup Thanks :) feedback left

fitzsteve
6th November 2012, 20:40
Arrived today safely, nicely setup Thanks :) feedback left

Glad they arrived safe, enjoy :thumbsup:

@ShadieB

16gb CF arrived today, will get it done & posted by Thursday :cool:

Kawazu
10th November 2012, 13:08
PM sent :)

fitzsteve
10th November 2012, 13:46
PM sent :)

@ShadieB, CF was sent yesterday and IDE adapter (which I forgot to include) was sent today!

See PM for more info on the install and let me know if you have any problems,

@Thread

I now have the IDE cables in stock :cool:

ShadieB
10th November 2012, 18:48
Hi Steve,
Card arrived today and it is fantastic :) I couldn't have asked for more.
I have it currently running on my lads 16 inch TV as it doesn't flicker. Only a temporary measure until I can get an Indivision and rig it up to one of my spare monitors:)

The only issues I have come across is sysinfo runs the speedtest, tells me my A1200 is 30.5x quicker then stock and then flashes the power light and reboots.
Also when I first power up the screen flash some red wavy lines then the Amiga resets and then boots great. I assume this is just setting up the 1260?

Heres a couple of pics.

http://www.shadieb.co.uk/a12001.jpg

http://www.shadieb.co.uk/a12002.jpg

Once again thank you very much it is greatly appreciated what you have done for us :thumbsup:

-Acid-
10th November 2012, 18:56
If the card is using sfs then some parts are made resident im memory and then reset so the os sees all partitions.

fitzsteve
10th November 2012, 19:59
@ShadieB

Glad it arrived safe and everything is working as expected, I'm really pleased to be able to offer this service and genuinely astonished by the response!

There are a couple of coloured screen flashes at the start, one is for 1260 and the other is PrepEmul which is for ShapeShifter (Mac Emulation)

They're both expected so nothing to worry about.

With regards to sysinfo, it's a bit buggy on advanced setups and 060's check out SysSpeed under 'Programs' as that will give you accurate MIPS for the 1260.

Enjoy! & any questions drop me a PM :thumbsup:

Steve.

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:57 ----------

@dsoftdave your CF's only arrived today - I'll make a start on them tomorrow :thumbsup:

ShadieB
10th November 2012, 21:54
Steve you are a gent and the service you offer is fabulous. God only knows how long it would have taken me to do what you have. Having been out of the loop for 20 years there would be an awful lot of catching up to do to get to this stage.

Thank you again. :)

fitzsteve
11th November 2012, 17:18
Steve you are a gent and the service you offer is fabulous. God only knows how long it would have taken me to do what you have. Having been out of the loop for 20 years there would be an awful lot of catching up to do to get to this stage.

Thank you again. :)

Thanks for the kind words, glad to know it's helped. What you might find as you get back into things this will serve as a stepping stone to creating your own installs :thumbsup:

Thanks again for sharing the pics and your experience with the thread.

@dsoftdave

Cards are both done and will Email re: shipping back & payment :)

quarkx
14th November 2012, 19:54
I got mine in today! Thanks Steve. Hopefully I have time to play with it before work, if not tomorrow.
:thumbsup:

fitzsteve
14th November 2012, 20:07
That's great, have fun with it :thumbsup:

dsoftdave has also confirmed safe receipt of the CF's back :)

fitzsteve
23rd November 2012, 15:10
Just a slight update to the terms of this listing, I now have more CF's in stock and am expecting adapters & cables to be delivered soon. So right now I can supply only CF's but not the cable/adapter.

Thanks for looking.

scrappysphinx
6th December 2012, 20:41
interested in the full cf, cf-ide and cable.

Will send a pm

fitzsteve
6th December 2012, 20:48
interested in the full cf, cf-ide and cable.

Will send a pm

Hi mate, you're probably PM'ing as I type, sadly I still don't have the adapters or cables, I'm waiting for delivery from China.

I can let you know as soon they arrive or supply just the CF card.

scrappysphinx
6th December 2012, 20:50
well i was pm'ing :lol: thats cool, still interested in the CF card. Will probably grab a cf-ide adapter from ebay and i'm sure if i hunt around i have a cable here somewhere otherwise i'll look for one of the adapters that plug directly onto the ide port

akis
6th December 2012, 22:53
Interested, sending pm

paalrosen
7th December 2012, 09:40
I just have to say Steve, fantastic.

fianally, I'd say :)

You probably get a few orders from me,
I would say that many of the Amiga gurus could have sold services,like 3.9 roms

etc etc

fitzsteve
7th December 2012, 10:51
Hi paal, thanks for the kind words :thumbsup:

I think merlinkv does the Rom service :)

@akis

I'll get back to you shortly :cool:

merlinkv
10th December 2012, 11:00
Hi paal, thanks for the kind words :thumbsup:

I think merlinkv does the Rom service :)

Hi Steve,

You're right my friend, I can make any Amiga ROM and some others, but unfortunately I can't offer my services to the community :-(. Due to my job I have problems to receive/deliver items in reasonable times.

Also, the Amiga ROMs still protected by copyright and I would have to study if exists a legal way to sell the updated ROMs

All the best

fitzsteve
10th December 2012, 13:10
Thanks for the info merlinkv :)

@Therad

I have ordered some combined CF/IDE adapters which don't require any cable (plug straight into the IDE port) this should bring the overall cost down a bit, I'll update once they have arrived :thumbsup:

fitzsteve
11th December 2012, 00:40
Just to update, I now have some CF-IDE adapters in stock, they work but do not light the HDD LED.

I also have a couple of IDE cables so can provide the full service.

So feel free to treat yourselves to an early Christmas present :thumbsup:

(Prices in post no. 1) :cool:

akis
11th December 2012, 20:59
Hi Steve, just paid for mine

Is it possible to have a card the lights up the HDD LED?

Thanks

fitzsteve
11th December 2012, 21:15

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the payment :thumbsup:

The problem is with the adapters, not the CF cards, so since you didn't order an adapter you have nothing to worry about, if your existing adapter flashes the LED then the same will be with this CF :)

I will work on your HDD tomorrow or Thursday and send on Friday. I already preparing another one tonight :cool:

All the best,

Steve.

fitzsteve
20th December 2012, 11:39
Update:

I now have a stock of CF adapters that connect direct to the IDE header, these will fit A1200/A600 but some expansions (Like ACA620) wont fit so beware of that.

There will be a 1 discount if you take these over a traditional cable/CF adapter. They are a nice tidy solution, see attached.

I need to check if they flash the HDD activity LED.

I also have a good stock of traditional CF adapters, cables and CF cards :)

Thanks for looking.

fitzsteve
20th December 2012, 19:32
Good news, these new all-in-one CF-IDE adapters do flash the HDD activity LED :thumbsup:

akis
24th December 2012, 19:31

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the payment :thumbsup:

The problem is with the adapters, not the CF cards, so since you didn't order an adapter you have nothing to worry about, if your existing adapter flashes the LED then the same will be with this CF :)

I will work on your HDD tomorrow or Thursday and send on Friday. I already preparing another one tonight :cool:

All the best,

Steve.

Card arrived today, just in time for christmas :thumbsup:. All is well, thank you very much. Feedback left.

Merry Christmas

edd_jedi
2nd January 2013, 15:17
Another thumbs up for Steve's CF HD setup abilities! Just left you feedback mate.

fitzsteve
2nd January 2013, 15:19
Card arrived today, just in time for christmas :thumbsup:. All is well, thank you very much. Feedback left.

Merry Christmas

Another thumbs up for Steve's CF HD setup abilities! Just left you feedback mate.

Glad to have assisted guys, hope you enjoy the CF's :)

Feedback's returned :thumbsup:

fitzsteve
7th January 2013, 01:09
see post 1 for up to date prices & details

DutchinUSA
12th January 2013, 03:07
:ninja:

fitzsteve
14th January 2013, 17:53
:ninja:

Posted today for you, hope it arrives soon :thumbsup:

DutchinUSA
19th January 2013, 20:15
Arrived today and it's pretty darn awesome :thumbsup:

Thanks again mate !

p.s.: So far also made a backup copy with Winimage and just got done reloading that image to a 9gb scsi drive as a test .. booting from the scsi drive in WinUAE as we speak :D

fitzsteve
19th January 2013, 21:53
Arrived today and it's pretty darn awesome :thumbsup:

Thanks again mate !

p.s.: So far also made a backup copy with Winimage and just got done reloading that image to a 9gb scsi drive as a test .. booting from the scsi drive in WinUAE as we speak :D

That's awesome, hope you enjoy it :thumbsup:

Perhaps I should start offering a digital service, just send out the drive image :cool:

ShadieB
19th January 2013, 22:00
Perhaps I should start offering a digital service, just send out the drive image :cool:

I would like an image of the card you did for me if at all possible Steve? I would love to set it up on a working WinUAE or E-UAE to have a play with.

I would happily pay for a digital version :)

fitzsteve
19th January 2013, 22:05
Hi mate, you can make it on your PC -check out this tutorial:

It's fallen off the front page now so maybe you missed it :whistle:

Once you have made the image you can mount that in WinUAE and play, it will even ignore the 060 libs and work as normal!

ami_junki
20th January 2013, 05:45
Just sent payment for one of your cards :) thanks for offering this Steve.

ChaosLord
20th January 2013, 06:32
Hi Steve,

Cheers Paul.

You always need more than 4GB, mate. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise :)

I have more than 4GB of just fonts.
I have more than 4GB of just mods.
I have more than 4GB of just HD-installed games.
I have more than 4GB of just datas.
etc. etc. etc.

@OP
In case I don't finish reading this thread. I am interested in your service but I just don't see any way I can get by with 4GB. I have an old 6GB drive and it is way to small. I think I could talk myself into a 16GB CF (or larger).

My camera came with 32GB or 64GB of some sort of digital storage... I can't remember the details ottomh. It cost me a pile of extra $$$.

I don't know anything about shopping for CFIDE adapters. I don't know which ones work and which ones don't. I don't know anything about shopping for different sizes of CF cards. I don't know which CF cards work and which don't. I don't know if there is some other technology that is similar but better. I don't know jack. :)

How long do CF cards typcally last before they croak?
No offense to SuperFrog intended :D

---------- Post added at 23:32 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

16gb Generic CF = 12
16gb Kingston 266x = 16 (only 2 left at that price or its 18 )

I've not tested the Kingston 266x Cards with Amiga though before and as you may know some CF are not compatible.

Now that you have had a couple of months to evaluate, could you say which brands of 16GB cards work and which ones do not work?

Any 32GB ones? 64GB?

fitzsteve
20th January 2013, 15:39
Hi ChaosLord,

Thanks for your message, most people who just want to play their favorite WHDLoad Games can obviously get by with 4gb but users that want to experiment further can use some extra space :thumbsup:

I can indeed offer a service and supply larger cards, these are special order and the setup is at my 'custom' price of 15 (plus postage and cost of CF/adapter) as these have to be fully prepared from scratch.

The current price of larger CF's is:

Generic 8gb = 9
Trancend 133x 8gb = 12
Generic 16gb = 15
Kingston 266x 16gb = 16
Generic 32gb = (None available)
Trancend 133x (or Kingston 266x) 32gb = 29

*I've not yet tested the Kingston but they should work*

This is based on today's price that I can buy from eBay UK trusted sellers :)

All the best,

Steve.

ShadieB
20th January 2013, 16:25
ChaosLord, I have been running the 16GB generic card supplied by Steve for a few months now and it works flawlessly.
I also use a Sandisk 8GB in a PCMCIA adapter which too has had no issues.

jezuhke
22nd January 2013, 22:28
Interested in a card, sending PM right away!

fitzsteve
23rd January 2013, 16:30
ChaosLord, I have been running the 16GB generic card supplied by Steve for a few months now and it works flawlessly.
I also use a Sandisk 8GB in a PCMCIA adapter which too has had no issues.

Thanks for the rep ShadieB :thumbsup:

Interested in a card, sending PM right away!

PM replied with full quote & payment details :)

fitzsteve
25th January 2013, 15:15
@jezuhke, CF Card posted today :thumbsup:

radu14m
27th January 2013, 20:00
Are on the CF installed games and the usual apps available ?

fitzsteve
27th January 2013, 20:07
Hi!

I'm not allowed to advertise the Games, etc for sale but if you asked me in private to copy some freely downloadable 'data' to the card I don't think that'd be a problem ;)

Steve.

fitzsteve
31st January 2013, 18:16
Now trialing 8gb CF Card Setup Service:

(1x 8gb CF Remaining but more can be ordered)

I have two brand new 8gb Kingston CF Cards, one was opened to test compatibility with the Amiga, the other obviously will be once I set it up.

These are 17 + P&P with your choice of A or B cable/adapter as per post no. 1. Setup costs and terms also explained in post no. 1 (http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?p=377173#post377173)

If successful I can order more (they will be generic ones like the 4gb version and the price might be a little cheaper.)

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm105/fitzsteve/Sales/P1020488_zpsd422686b.jpg

sebmacfly
1st February 2013, 20:43
Steve, you're so good!

Great communication, great work and great prices!
I can recommend you!

THANKS MATE!

:beer: take this virtual beer ;) So far away to give you a real one hehehe

fitzsteve
15th February 2013, 10:57
Bump! I still have one of the 8gb Cards left if anyone is interested :)

Stock is a little low on 4gb CF's but can order more if the service is in demand!

paalrosen
19th February 2013, 00:54
Hello , yes i am (the 8gb card) and setup

sending PM

aZtOcKdOg
19th February 2013, 01:03
G'day I have a couple of quick Q's: Interested in a CF card, adapter (the cable-less, HDD flashing type) >8gig if possible? ... Is it easy enough/feasible to have partitions? OS/Games/Demos etc. I could then just copy my demoscene collection onto it using winUAE? I have a stock A1200 ... Thanks for your time mate. Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

fitzsteve
19th February 2013, 01:32
G'day I have a couple of quick Q's: Interested in a CF card, adapter (the cable-less, HDD flashing type) >8gig if possible? ... Is it easy enough/feasible to have partitions? OS/Games/Demos etc. I could then just copy my demoscene collection onto it using winUAE? I have a stock A1200 ... Thanks for your time mate. Cheers

Hi!

I can do a CF >8gb no problem, what size would like?

I can check the latest prices for you :)

However, using SFS and lots of partitions, it's possible but will not be a lot of fun on a standard A1200, you will not get the most out of this service unless you add at least a Trapdoor Ram upgrade to your A1200.

I can do a 4gb CF setup that runs very well on a standard 2mb Amiga with just the basics...

Feel free to PM me if you need more info :thumbsup:

Steve.

paalrosen
19th February 2013, 18:29
Payment is made for 8gb cf , with advanced setup

thanks

fitzsteve
19th February 2013, 19:36
Thanks! I will aim to send your CF tomorrow :thumbsup:

Jaymz
19th February 2013, 20:10
I cant even get my card recognised in WinUAE :( a digital service would be awesome...can you do that? Please!

fitzsteve
19th February 2013, 20:17
I cant even get my card recognised in WinUAE :( a digital service would be awesome...can you do that? Please!

Are you Jimmer78 on EAB?

Jaymz
19th February 2013, 20:19
Yeah...and your fitzsteve on EAB!!! Doh just realised!! :p

fitzsteve
20th February 2013, 17:28
@paalrosen

CF sent today, will PM later with some details :thumbsup:

fitzsteve
22nd February 2013, 09:59
@Thread - Good News! All my CF adapters, both A & B type flash the HDD LED as I found a new source of the Type B's :)

I'm low on CF's at the moment but will be putting an order in for more soon!

aZtOcKdOg
23rd February 2013, 00:10
Hi!

I can do a CF >8gb no problem, what size would like?

I can check the latest prices for you :)

However, using SFS and lots of partitions, it's possible but will not be a lot of fun on a standard A1200, you will not get the most out of this service unless you add at least a Trapdoor Ram upgrade to your A1200.

I can do a 4gb CF setup that runs very well on a standard 2mb Amiga with just the basics...

Feel free to PM me if you need more info :thumbsup:

Steve.

Thanks Steve :D I will be in touch.

paalrosen
26th February 2013, 23:40
@paalrosen

CF sent today, will PM later with some details :thumbsup:

has arrived
thank you, very fast

feedback left

fitzsteve
1st March 2013, 13:43
Hi Paal, glad it arrived safe :thumbsup:

@thread, I hope the buyers don't mind but I thought to share the feedback with the thread as the comments are very positive, hopefully I can help many more Amigans :)

(click to enlarge)

http://www.amibay.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40959

fitzsteve
16th March 2013, 21:40
Just a little bump.

I'm offering a new service now too where I can offer you a backup of your CF card on DVD which you can restore at any time using WinImage (http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=39231).

This extra service is 5 (only available when you buy my setup service including the CF Card/Adapter) :)

Also a reminder that I now have a good stock of CF adapters which do flash the HDD LED

MaV
19th March 2013, 08:26
I'm interested in your CF card service. Will send a PM

fitzsteve
21st March 2013, 15:37
@MaV - CF's & backup on DVD posted :thumbsup:

MaV
27th March 2013, 14:46
I received the package yesterday! Perfect! :)

fitzsteve
27th March 2013, 14:46
I received the package yesterday! Perfect! :)

I'm pleased to hear it, enjoy them my friend :thumbsup:

Mendel
28th March 2013, 17:04
PM sent! I think I might have a desktop ppc amiga coming your way soon...

I had a nervous breakdown trying to setup a voodoo3 tower setup earlier and this time I feel like just giving up and letting someone do the magic.

fitzsteve
28th March 2013, 17:32
Hi Mendel, sorry for not replying yet to PM.

Sadly I can't offer Desktop PPC/BVision setup service.

I don't have a working simple base installation here to copy and there's just too much copyrighted and personally registered stuff in my main working installation.

Also these advanced systems can produce their own problems that are not the same across machines that I couldn't account for so you will have to work on this one your self.

I can sell you a CF card in my other thread pre partitioned and/or install a basic OS for you if you provide proof of ownership.

All the best,

Steve.

Mendel
28th March 2013, 17:35
Oh I see.

Bummer.

Well, Ill see how far I can get on my own and then make a thread when I run into problems to see if I can get it going :thumbsup:

fitzsteve
28th March 2013, 17:36
Oh I see.

Bummer.

Well, Ill see how far I can get on my own and then make a thread when I run into problems to see if I can get it going :thumbsup:

Truly sorry my friend, once you get to this l337 level of setup it's best to learn the ropes anyway, it will benefit you in the end :thumbsup:

Of course those that have this setup will do their best to help & advise you in your thread :)

aZtOcKdOg
2nd April 2013, 04:05
PM and Payment sent :)

.aZtOcKdOg | .Key-J FReeLY

fitzsteve
2nd April 2013, 14:35
PM and Payment sent :)

CF kit posted today & feedback left - thanks for your purchase :thumbsup:

aZtOcKdOg
16th April 2013, 09:29
Item received. Excellent. All good. Feedback left.

Cheers :)

fitzsteve
16th April 2013, 10:53
Thanks for your purchase, i'll leave feedback when I'm back at the pc :-)
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-gb; HTC_DesireHD Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

livewirerocks
28th April 2013, 12:47
Hi :)

Im interested in your CF service. I'll send a PM.

fitzsteve
28th April 2013, 13:46
Hi :)

Im interested in your CF service. I'll send a PM.

@Thread - just to let you know I have a good stock of CF's & adapters at the moment, all adapters now flash the HDD LED by the way.

All info on services available & prices in post #1

Thanks for looking.

Steve.

fitzsteve
2nd May 2013, 14:23
For a limited time I'm offering the Generic 4gb CF HDD kit with normal IDE cable/adapter for 19.99 inc my setup service :cool:

Please see post #1 for full terms & more info!

Remember if you need drivers for an ACA12xx/ACA6xx or 68060 card's it's no problem! Just ask :thumbsup:

Price does not include Postage which is 1.20 in UK & 3.30EU/3.80 outside EU. Apologies for oveseas prices, but Royal Mail have put their prices up, postage includes 30p for brand new packing materials.

specialK
9th May 2013, 12:42
Interested PM in the way to discuss options...

Cheers,
Marcin

fitzsteve
9th May 2013, 13:14
Interested PM in the way to discuss options...

Cheers,
Marcin

wurzel
9th May 2013, 13:43
pm sent, interested

fitzsteve
10th May 2013, 14:55
Just to say I'm going to take some of these kits to Revival with me, so if you're going and you'd like me to do a setup for you I can do that either at the event (on my Laptop) or ideally before :)

Neil79
17th May 2013, 23:48
Just to say I'm going to take some of these kits to Revival with me, so if you're going and you'd like me to do a setup for you I can do that either at the event (on my Laptop) or ideally before :)

I'd highly recommend using FitzSteve's service as it's Top Quality! :thumbsup:

fitzsteve
1st June 2013, 12:18
Bump! I only have a few CF's left now and probably wont buy anymore so if you were thinking of getting one now's the time :)

Offer price of 19.99 inc setup still applies for these last few! :thumbsup:

DonAmiga
1st June 2013, 12:38
Hi, I'm interested in one for my aca630@30 :) sending pm

fitzsteve
1st June 2013, 20:41
Hi, I'm interested in one for my aca630@30 :) sending pm

Thanks for your purchase, will send your CF on Monday :thumbsup:

DonAmiga
1st June 2013, 21:13
Cheers ;)

andyp
2nd June 2013, 18:37
Interested in this service. Sending you a PM

aZtOcKdOg
3rd June 2013, 11:25
Declare interest in 1x if still available and pending questions in PM please

fitzsteve
3rd June 2013, 12:08
Interested in this service. Sending you a PM

Declare interest in 1x if still available and pending questions in PM please

Awaiting PM, just to inform all the generic CF's are now gone.

I will have some Transcend 133x 4gb CF's later in the week, if this ok I can supply at the same price :)

ColourWheel64
3rd June 2013, 13:44
'lo Steve!

Sorry I haven't put up any photos yet, but I'm thinking of upgrading the A4000 that you sold me as 4GB is difficult to get by with, and I don't want to delete anything.

It has 3.1 roms installed, so I'm considering a big drive. Will SSD drives work okay?

Failing that, I'd like as big a CF drive that will work for under 100.

Really loving the A4000, and its brilliant that you're offering this service.

Kind regards,
Nick

fitzsteve
3rd June 2013, 13:54
Hi Nick,

I wouldn't recommend a large CF for your A4000, either go for a real IDE drive or look at SSD's

I have an 8gb Kingspec IDE SSD here, it's great and works well and I'm going to use it in my spare A4000 I'm working on at the moment, it's a bit of a stealth project but will write about it soon ;)

Here are some links to the Kingspec ones: (all China based unfortunately so slow delivery) price dosen't go up much with larger capacity either but check seller feedback, etc before buying. These are just a few I found at random.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kingspec-8GB-2CH-1-8-PATA-IDE-MLC-Flash-Solid-State-Drives-SSD-For-IBM-X40-X41-/280898984124?pt=US_Solid_State_Drives&hash=item4166e258bc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kingspec-1-8-PATA-II-IDE-44Pin-16GB-SSD-Solid-Hard-Drive-For-IBM-X40-X41-X41T-/190663736576?pt=UK_Computing_Other_Computing_Networking&hash=item2c6471bd00

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KingSpec-1-8-IDE-PATA-SSD-MLC-16GB-f-IBM-X40-X41-X41T-/160571912020?pt=US_Internal_Hard_Disk_Drives&hash=item2562d4ef54

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kingspec-32GB-4CH-2-5-SATA-II-KSD-SA25-5-032MJ-SSD-IDE-MLC-PC-Solid-State-Drive-/151023916286?pt=AU_HardDrives&hash=item2329ba14fe

You will need a 44-40way converter (like this)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261205808087?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

If you wanted one I'd be happy to prep it for you and patch it all up for large drive support, etc :thumbsup:

Normal setup fee of 10 + shipping would apply unless you wanted something particularly complex :coffee:

By the way I've been using a 16gb one in my Micro AmigaOne (2.5in form factor) for almost 2 years, ok it only gets light use but no issues to report.

http://www.amibay.com/showpost.php?p=196328&postcount=27

ps. Glad you're enjoying the A4000, I hope the new LED's worked!

fitzsteve
3rd June 2013, 16:11
Due to the overwhelming further demand I've ordered some more CF's (10x) these are Transcend 133x Cards, I can offer them at the same price 19.99 inc installation :thumbsup:

I wont have the cards in stock until mid-end of the week however.

I use a couple of these Transcend cards on my own Amiga's here and they work very well, of course the extra speed is not utilised by the Amiga unless you have a FastATA/SCSI-IDE setup.

ColourWheel64
3rd June 2013, 18:34
Hi Nick,

I wouldn't recommend a large CF for your A4000, either go for a real IDE drive or look at SSD's

Here are some links to the Kingspec ones: (all China based unfortunately so slow delivery) price dosen't go up much with larger capacity either but check seller feedback, etc before buying. These are just a few I found at random...

Awesome. I'll get an adapter right away.

Will this drive work okay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KingSpec-120GB-120g-2-5-SATA-III-3-SSD-MLC-Solid-State-Drive-6Gbps-SATA3-PC-New-/290714617586?pt=US_Internal_Hard_Disk_Drives&hash=item43aff106f2

It might seem like overkill, but I really really REALLY love Deluxe Paint IV

Kind regards,
Nick

PS. I haven't got around to fitting the LEDs yet. They are on the to-do list.

fitzsteve
3rd June 2013, 19:10
Hi Nick, you need an IDE SSD not SATA unless you have a known working SATA-IDE bridge. I have one here but I didn't have much success setting it up!

ColourWheel64
4th June 2013, 09:21
Hi Nick, you need an IDE SSD not SATA

Gotcha. How about this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kingspec-128GB-2-5-IDE-PATA-SSD-Fast-Speed-For-HP-IBM-DELL-Notebook-Hard-Drive-/261213469748?pt=UK_Computing_HardDrives_RL&hash=item3cd1893c34

I'm not up on all the codes, but IDE springs out on the title.

...also, so does PATA.

A quick google revealed PATA to be the...
Pacific Asia Travel Association (http://www.pata.org.uk/)

fitzsteve
4th June 2013, 09:27
Hi Nick, you need an IDE SSD not SATA

Gotcha. How about this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kingspec-128GB-2-5-IDE-PATA-SSD-Fast-Speed-For-HP-IBM-DELL-Notebook-Hard-Drive-/261213469748?pt=UK_Computing_HardDrives_RL&hash=item3cd1893c34

I'm not up on all the codes, but IDE springs out on the title.

...also, so does PATA.

A quick google revealed PATA to be the...
Pacific Asia Travel Association (http://www.pata.org.uk/)

Yep that should do it, a little overkill for a Classic Amiga IMHO but if it makes you happy :)

TBH I would sink that money into an Accelerator with Fast Ram & SCSI, and then use a SCSI-IDE bridge for faster transfers.

Just double check that 128gb drives are supported by the Amiga's IDE device before you shell out the money, there are some threads at EAB regarding Large Disk Support but EAB is down at the moment (server maintenance)

You'll need to patch the scsi.device for large Disk support but it needs to be seen first by the Amiga for the patch to load!

All the best,

Steve.

ColourWheel64
4th June 2013, 13:16
Yep that should do it, a little overkill for a Classic Amiga IMHO but if it makes you happy :)

Hooray!!

I would sink that money into an Accelerator with Fast Ram & SCSI, and then use a SCSI-IDE bridge for faster transfers.

Okay, the plan is to get hold of a Cyberstorm 060 at some point. Either that or I may take the plunge into PPC, although I quite like the idea of going 060 first, and then PPC later. What will the transfers be like without SCSI? Will they be slower than the speed I have now with the 4GB Winchester type?

Just double check that 128gb drives are supported by the Amiga's IDE device before you shell out the money, there are some threads at EAB regarding Large Disk Support but EAB is down at the moment (server maintenance)

Will do. I think I remember up to 120GB being supported, but definitely worth double checking when EAB are back online. I hope they get back online. Seems like they are having issues with Debian.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_File_System suggests that any size drive can be used, but the maximum partition size is 128GB. Wow! Is this true? Wow! Might possibly go for a few terabytes :lol: (I won't. Too expensive!)

You'll need to patch the scsi.device for large Disk support but it needs to be seen first by the Amiga for the patch to load!

Okay. By this I think you mean that the scsi.device patch needs to be located in the first 4GB of the disc so that the Amiga may view it. Am I right?

Kind regards,
Nick

DonAmiga
4th June 2013, 22:08
Arrived today working Great. Many Thanks ;)

feedback left

fitzsteve
4th June 2013, 22:18
Arrived today working Great. Many Thanks ;)

feedback left

That's great news, enjoy :thumbsup:

fitzsteve
6th June 2013, 15:16
I now have a good stock of CF Cards, owing to the recent re-gen of interest I invested in some Transcend 133x CF's which I can offer at the same price of 19.99 inc setup + P&P

See post #1 for full T's & C's :thumbsup:

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm105/fitzsteve/Sales/P1040400_zps276c188b.jpg

aZtOcKdOg
6th June 2013, 16:21
PayPal payment sent! :thumbsup: Thanks fitzsteve :)

fitzsteve
6th June 2013, 16:57
PayPal payment sent! :thumbsup: Thanks fitzsteve :)

Thanks! Will ship tomorrow as promised :thumbsup:

AndyGarton
6th June 2013, 20:10
PM on the way, this is a reply to get my post count up :)

fitzsteve
6th June 2013, 20:12
Got it! Will reply now :thumbsup:

fitzsteve
7th June 2013, 16:58
@AndyP, @AndyGarton & aZtOcKdOg,

CF Kits posted today :thumbsup:

aZtOcKdOg
8th June 2013, 01:42
Thank you kind Sir **tips hat

AndyGarton
8th June 2013, 10:53
Cheers Steve, received and all good :)

andyp
10th June 2013, 21:14
Fast as lightning Steve. Arrived here today! :thumbsup:

fitzsteve
10th June 2013, 23:23
Cheers Steve, received and all good :)

Fast as lightning Steve. Arrived here today! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I hope you enjoy :thumbsup:

@aZtOcKdOg

Hopefully yours isn't too far behind :)

roy_bates
11th June 2013, 11:22
hi steve:lol:

can you supply me a 4gig cf card plus cf adaptor(type a, that flashes the hd light) and cable please.:)

no need to prep it or anything its for a custom setup.

roy.

fitzsteve
11th June 2013, 12:12
hi steve:lol:

can you supply me a 4gig cf card plus cf adaptor(type a, that flashes the hd light) and cable please.:)

no need to prep it or anything its for a custom setup.

roy.

Hi Roy,

PM coming :)

All the best.

Steve.

Amiga Forever
11th June 2013, 16:08
have you got anymore left?:unsure:

fitzsteve
11th June 2013, 17:59
have you got anymore left?:unsure:

Yes, I sure do :)

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

@roy_bates,

CF card & adapter/cable tested & posted :thumbsup:

roy_bates
11th June 2013, 21:32
cheers steve.:)

roy_bates
12th June 2013, 14:58
the items came today steve,leaving some lovely feedback now.:)

fitzsteve
12th June 2013, 15:05
the items came today steve,leaving some lovely feedback now.:)

Excellent :thumbsup:

fitzsteve
22nd June 2013, 18:20
Hi All!

As of today I am trialing a new service in addition to my physical HDD & CF setup service I'm not offering a digital download service where I will prep for you and delivery an Image electrically.

For this to work I will need the exact size of your CF card in bytes, as my image has to be equal or smaller than your media, I will also deliver the software (shareware version of WinImage) for you to use to load this onto your CF. Other Image writing software might work for you i.e if you are not on Windows but is untested by me.

You can see my guide here for creating your CF from my Image:

I will upload it to my web space for you to download, a 4gb CF image is approx 2gb once compressed. Bare in mind your download limits when using this service.

As an alternative I can burn the image/s to DVD and mail them (at extra cost of course)

Currently this is only available for 4gb CF cards, if your card is too small (i.e smaller then my smallest images) I cannot help sadly.

Please see the first page for full T's and C's, it's important you can prove ownership of the OS you want me to install.

My electronic setup prices are the same as for real drives.

Thanks for reading :thumbsup:

Steve.

aZtOcKdOg
25th June 2013, 15:24
Package arrived here in Oz yesterday! Thank you!

fitzsteve
25th June 2013, 15:42
Package arrived here in Oz yesterday! Thank you!

Glad to hear that, enjoy :thumbsup:

fitzsteve
4th July 2013, 17:03
Hi!

Small update :)

I'm now offering a slightly cheaper CF HDD setup for the special price of 17.99 + P&P, these are new Maxell Branded CF's, I've tested them on my Amiga's and they seem fast & reliable. The capacity is slightly less then the Transcend ones (3.6gb available instead of 3.7gb) however still plenty of room for over 2000 games :D

http://www.fitzstevesamigaworld.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_P1040674.JPG

The Transcend ones are still available (last few that is!) at the old price of 19.99 + P&P which as before includes basic setup.

Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

fitzsteve
18th July 2013, 12:10
Bump!

I only have 1 Maxell CF left now after selling some with systems and PCMCIA adapters I do however have about 5 of the Transcend Cards :thumbsup:

I have a good stock of adapters and cables.

I look forward to offering more setup services to those who need it :)

fitzsteve
2nd August 2013, 13:08
Little bump, I'm sold out of Maxell CF's now and not buying anymore unless there is demand. I have a few Transcend 133x left at 19.99 inc basic setup, see post #1 for full terms :thumbsup:

Amiga Forever
3rd August 2013, 18:48
Will there be CF HDD for Amiga 500?

Will there some Games and applications on them?:unsure:

fitzsteve
3rd August 2013, 20:15
Will there be CF HDD for Amiga 500?

Will there some Games and applications on them?:unsure:

If you have hardware that gives your A500 IDE then sure I can make you a CF that will work on it :thumbsup:

When the ACA500 is released then you could use a CF HDD on it easily, in the mean time you would need one of the IDE68k's or one of the SCSI Sidecar's with SCSI-IDE bridge. The former needs some soldering and the latter can work out quite expensive.

Some of the solutions currently on the used market have size limitations so you should do some research before buying.

matsch
9th August 2013, 15:40
Do you have any CF cards and adapter + cables left?

fitzsteve
9th August 2013, 16:01
Do you have any CF cards and adapter + cables left?

Hi!

Yes I have Transcend 133x but only 2 or 3 units left.

I have a good stock of cables and adapters however :)

matsch
10th August 2013, 09:54
Perfekt. Sending PM.

fitzsteve
10th August 2013, 20:29
Perfekt. Sending PM.

Payment received, thanks :thumbsup:

Will post Monday :)

fitzsteve
13th August 2013, 21:41
@matsch

Sorry for the delay, your kit was posted today.

matsch
18th August 2013, 09:10
Received the package this friday. Works perfect. Many thanks. :)

fitzsteve
18th August 2013, 13:24
Received the package this friday. Works perfect. Many thanks. :)

Glad to hear that! Enjoy :thumbsup:

fitzsteve
4th September 2013, 11:22
Little bump, I only have a few of the 4gb 133x Transcend Cards at the moment however I can get any size/brand card by special order :thumbsup:

KhaineGB
5th September 2013, 23:47
Do you have an adaptor suitable for the desktop A4000?

fitzsteve
6th September 2013, 00:07
Do you have an adaptor suitable for the desktop A4000?

Hi, yes indeed I have 40pin CF adapters that work in an A4000 :-)

KhaineGB
6th September 2013, 01:24
Then I shall take one! :)

Incoming PM.

fitzsteve
6th September 2013, 11:12
Thanks KhaineGB, PM sent back for a little more info and payment details :)

fitzsteve
8th September 2013, 16:51
1 Transcend CF card with A4000 type CF adapter sold to KhaineGB :thumbsup:

I don't have any more CF's at the moment but if there's interest I can order them (I have plenty of adapters/cables)

Of course I can still setup your own HDD's or CF's sent to me :)

ColourWheel64
12th September 2013, 23:15
Hello Steve.

I had no joy with the 128GB SSD via IDE. (Booo!)

I'll try again of course when I eventually get SCSI, but until then I'm thinking of a temporary solution.

What should I buy that is more likely to work. but still nice and big?

fitzsteve
13th September 2013, 01:01
Hi Nick,

My 8gb Kingspec works just fine on the native Amiga IDE, my guess is 128gb is just too much for the standard scsi driver to pick up, it might well work with a FastATA if you feel like splashing out.

Otherwise stick with a smaller SSD 16/32gb max and you should be just fine!

The other option would be to get a custom kickstart burned with the updated scsi.device inside, the problem now is we're loading the scsi.device from the hard drive so we have a chicken & egg scenario!

I now have a FastATA 1200 which I didn't have when I prepared the drive for you, if you like I can try it out now on real Hardware and see if it actually can be detected. (something I was unable to do when I originally prepped it for you)

If you want to send it back to me give me a shout :thumbsup:

Steve.

ColourWheel64
13th September 2013, 08:31
That sounds great to me. Thanks Steve!

EDIT: I looked up the FastATA on Amigakit, and funnilly enough I spotted this in the blurb:

48-bit LBA capability (use hard disks larger than 127GB)

...Could it be that the 128GB disc is too large by 1GB?

That would be AMAZING if its true! :lol:

(probably too good to be true though)

fitzsteve
27th September 2013, 11:16
Just a little bump, I'm still offering the setup service.

If you've not checked the thread in while I can order any size CF you like or can prepare your own drives CF/HDD/SSD but not SCSI.

I also offer a digital service where I can create you a WinImage VHD that you can burn to your own CF card, I can deliver this on DVD or electronically, see post 1 for prices and T's & C's :thumbsup:

wwwebber
2nd October 2013, 23:01
Hi Fitzsteve - do you support 8gb CF cards for digital download yet ? If not can I write a 4gb image to my 8gb card without any issues ?.

New here so please be gentle :)

fitzsteve
2nd October 2013, 23:05
Hi Fitzsteve - do you support 8gb CD cards for digital download yet ? If not can I write a 4gb image to my 8gb card without any issues ?.

New here so please be gentle :)

Hi wwwebber :)

It shouldn't be a problem, but please can you tell me the capacity of your CF card in bytes, in Windows right click and view 'properties' then you can see this information.

I have a couple of 8gb image files here to work from so as long as I have one equal to or smaller it will work :thumbsup:

crocked
7th October 2013, 00:40
Hi Fitzsteve,
would you be willing to prepare an 8 gig ssd (I think you mentioned you had a Kingspec somewhere) with an adapter for an a1200?

If so what would it cost and which filesystem would you recommend (SFS?).
Cheers,
Crocked

fitzsteve
7th October 2013, 01:11
Hi!

Indeed no problem at all to prepare the SSD for you, if you're buying new you could have it delivered direct to me or I can order on your behalf.

I'm using PFS3 with my 8gb Kingspec SSD and it's working a treat :thumbsup:

Drop me a PM if you want to go ahead and discuss your requirements.

All the best,

Steve.

kronuz
27th October 2013, 14:56
I had the Fitz set up a couple of cards for me a while ago. Recieved and tested OK, now that I got a UW Acard from the states..

Thanks mate!
Leaving feedback:thumbsup:

fitzsteve
27th October 2013, 16:18
Thanks!

I hope you enjoy them :thumbsup:

fitzsteve
29th October 2013, 15:20
Deal agreed with crocked for 8gb SSD setup:

23 - Kingspec 8gb SSD http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kingspec-1-8-IDE-PATA-SSD-MLC-8GB-Solid-State-Hard-Drive-For-IBM-X40-X41-X41T-/121155305103?pt=UK_Computing_Solid_State_Drives&hash=item1c356b3e8f
2 - IDE cable
10 - setup charge

+Shipping

Guarantee on the hardware is with the manufacturer, the original bill/invoice will be supplied. Of course I test everything is fully working on my own Amiga before sending.

If anyone else is interested in such a setup I can offer at the same price, see post #1 for full t's & c's, delivery will be delayed by 2-3 weeks as this item is ordered on cleared payment from, China.

I'm using one in my A1200D and it works great:

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm105/fitzsteve/Sales/P1050522_zps1d50208f.jpg

Note speed is assisted by the FastATA ;)
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm105/fitzsteve/Sales/P1050526_zpsea4038a5.jpg

fitzsteve
5th November 2013, 13:19
Hi All!

Just to update, I now have some of the Generic 4gb CF's in stock, they are 11.99 + setup fee + P&P, this includes the CF-IDE adapter and IDE cable.

Although they are generic/unbranded they are 133x CF cards (20mb/sec)

Please see post #1 for details on my services :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking.

Steve.

ghoul
11th November 2013, 02:30
Hi Steve, can I ask what 8GB CF cards you're using for your CF service?

I've spent a day trying to prepare one but it appeared not to be compatible with Amiga, do you have a link to an auction with one tested and guaranteed to be working on Amiga? :)

fitzsteve
11th November 2013, 09:14
Hi Mate,

I normally recommend the Transcend 133x cards, they're the best value ones and I've never had any issues, just again be careful how you mix scsi.device and file system as some don't mix, with OS3.9 I just use SFS and keep 3.9's updated device, I find this works totally fine but with PFS3 can give issues unless you use Cosmos' version. (In my experience) If you ever need advice on this matter listen to Thomas at EAB, he knows he's stuff :thumbsup:

I've also had sucess with Generic (the Chinese ones) Kingston and Sandisk cards.

I've bought a fair few CF from MyMemory:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transcend-8GB-133X-Ultra-Speed-Compact-Flash-Memory-Card-CF-For-Digital-Camera-/291008120495?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_PDAsAccessories_MemoryCards&hash=item43c16f86af

They seem to be reliable.

Good luck,

Steve.

ghoul
11th November 2013, 14:54
Hi Mate,

I normally recommend the Transcend 133x cards, they're the best value ones and I've never had any issues, just again be careful how you mix scsi.device and file system as some don't mix, with OS3.9 I just use SFS and keep 3.9's updated device, I find this works totally fine but with PFS3 can give issues unless you use Cosmos' version. (In my experience) If you ever need advice on this matter listen to Thomas at EAB, he knows he's stuff :thumbsup:

I've also had sucess with Generic (the Chinese ones) Kingston and Sandisk cards.

I've bought a fair few CF from MyMemory:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transcend-8GB-133X-Ultra-Speed-Compact-Flash-Memory-Card-CF-For-Digital-Camera-/291008120495?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_PDAsAccessories_MemoryCards&hash=item43c16f86af

They seem to be reliable.

Good luck,

Steve.

Cheers mate will try Transcend :)

I know Thomas from the past he's a knowledge mine in this matter :D

fitzsteve
20th November 2013, 15:48
8gb SSD was shipped to crocked yesterday, will PM tracking info. Thanks again crocked for using the service. :thumbsup:

@Thread I still have some generic 4gb CF's & kits in stock and as always see post #1 for full details on the services I offer.

A 4gb CF HDD Kit could make a great Christmas gift :)

fitzsteve
4th December 2013, 17:17
I have 1x 8gb Kingspec IDE SSD in stock, it is used but only light use by me for playing a few games.

I will do this for 30 + P&P, price includes standard setup subject to T's & C's in post no.1 and IDE cable.

(stock pic)
http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mEXcBgDTTmU_fej6gUfCNeg.jpg

I currently have 3x generic 4gb CF Kits in stock.

RichyV
4th December 2013, 17:33
Hey Steve,

apologies for gumming-up the thread, but are you able to burn CW images to cd? I didn't want to just send a PM as I wasn't sure about the rules and wanted everything to be 'above board' so to speak.

I have plenty of CF's, you see, and don't need any games or what-have-you.

Can you offer this service for a price?

I would like CW3.9, just for testing, as I'm more than happy with the CW3.1 + Scalos environment that I have now and so don't want to have to put any time into setting this up. But to have it on a CD just to copy over to a HD or CF may be handy for testing of compatibility hardware/software-wise between the two installs.

I will obviously comply with not asking you to copy anything I don't own and can take a photo of the OS3.9 CD as requested.

Anything you can do for me?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

fitzsteve
4th December 2013, 17:40
Hi RichyV,

I do indeed offer an image service, I can upload it for you to download or burn the image to DVD, assuming that I have an image size that matches the CF you want to copy it to it should be no problem.

Drop me a PM to discuss further, details of prices & terms are are in the first post :thumbsup:

All the best,

Steve.

madshib
6th December 2013, 03:03
I am interested in an 8gb CF. PM incoming!

nobrainer
12th December 2013, 13:03
Just received a brand new 8gb CF card from Steve, everything works great ( until I mess it all up :D ), highly recommend this, thank you very much Steve!

RichyV
12th December 2013, 13:17
Just received a brand new 8gb CF card from Steve, everything works great ( until I mess it all up :D ), highly recommend this, thank you very much Steve!

Do you have WinUAE?
Take a disk image of the full CF before you use it. Great way to backup and one I've personally been very grateful of on many occasions... :thumbsup:

nobrainer
12th December 2013, 13:38

Do you have WinUAE?
Take a disk image of the full CF before you use it. Great way to backup and one I've personally been very grateful of on many occasions... :thumbsup:

Yes I have it, but have never done it yet.. hopefully it's not a pita, thanks for the advice.

RichyV
12th December 2013, 13:46
No, it's very easy and certainly worth the small effort... :)

fitzsteve
12th December 2013, 13:51
I am interested in an 8gb CF. PM incoming!

Forget to mention madshib has paid for his CF and it has been ordered, I'm just awaiting delivery.

Have a look at this thread for backing up:

Just remember don't let Windows format the CF card :coffee:

(I think I mentioned it in PM)

*I've kept a backup myself anyway so as a last resort I can usually help ;)

Anyway, thanks for the kind words. I hope you enjoy it.

No, it's very easy and certainly worth the small effort... :)

Indeed, backing up the CF is highly recommended and I offer that on DVD for 5 or of course the user can do it for free once he/she receives the CF :)

nobrainer
12th December 2013, 20:15
Will do, thanks for all the help!

fitzsteve
14th December 2013, 12:21
@madshi,

8gb CF Kit & backup on DVD shipped today :thumbsup:

@Thread,

I currently have 3x 4gb CF HDD Kit in stock and 1x 8gb SSD Kit.

Price for the 4gb Kit is 21.99 + P&P (including standard setup)
Price for the Kingspec 8gb SSD & IDE Cable is 30 + P&P (including standard setup)

The SSD is used but only lightly (playing a few WHDLoad Games & Testing!)

armalyte
25th December 2013, 00:06
Sending PM

madshib
29th December 2013, 02:01
Received today, thank you!!

Packaging is OUTSTANDING!!!

fitzsteve
29th December 2013, 14:29
Received today, thank you!!

Packaging is OUTSTANDING!!!

Glad to hear that :thumbsup:

I hope you enjoy the setup :)

scoobyatgb
29th December 2013, 18:52
how do you know what cf card work and which ones do not i have got a 20gb harddrive in my amiga 1200 but i found copying some of the data over did not work when it got too the hhd

fitzsteve
31st December 2013, 13:24
how do you know what cf card work and which ones do not i have got a 20gb harddrive in my amiga 1200 but i found copying some of the data over did not work when it got too the hhd

The most trusted brands of CF are Transcend and Sandisk although others work very well too. I have very good success with unbranded ones like you see in my first post.

Kingston are normally fine, the flower type but they don't always work on PCMCIA.

Your 20gb drive probably isn't setup correctly as you8 need to patch it for support above 4gb.

I'd be happy to set it up for you, my fee structure is explained in the first post or of course you can open a post in the AmiOracle section for advice on how to set it up correctly your self.

Sleepy_Man
1st January 2014, 21:07
Hi

Im interested in your CF service.
I'll send a PM with some questions.
:)

fitzsteve
2nd January 2014, 23:04
Payment received from Sleepy_Man, Images as agreed have been delivered electronically :)

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Sleepy_Man
3rd January 2014, 19:38
I have recieved the images and they work perfectly :-) :thumbsup:

vvasha
9th January 2014, 22:18
Interested in complete CF setup, PM with some questions follows

fitzsteve
23rd January 2014, 13:14
Little bump :boing:

Stock is low but I've not had a lot of interested lately so no need to replenish yet.

I have:

1x Generic 4gb CF Kit (new) - 21.99 + P&P with standard setup
1x 8gb Kingspec SSD + IDE cable (light usage) 30 + P&P with standard setup

I have a good stock of IDE adapters and cables so if you want a special order CF, 8gb/16gb just ask, I can get them within 3 days :thumbsup:

Check post #1 for full info on my services.

fitzsteve
19th February 2014, 18:50
Quick bump.

Currently out of stock of 4gb CF's but can order them (and other sizes if anyone is interested)

The SSD is still available although I might use it myself if no takers :D

Can still do the electronic setup if you want to buy your own bits :thumbsup:

fitzsteve
3rd March 2014, 21:09
Bump

fitzsteve
17th March 2014, 21:20
Bump.

Although I'm out of stock of CF cards still I can always get them on a per order basis, any size you like :thumbsup:

I also have a 20gb IDE HDD spare:

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=58790

Ideal for a big box Amiga or Tower project :)

I can do other solutions such as SSD's and create images you can write to you own CF's which I can deliver electronically or on DVD.

For full terms and service offered see post #1

fitzsteve
31st March 2014, 18:43
Bump!

GWhizz
1st April 2014, 13:37
Hi
Just wondering how much you charge for the image file and do you think it will work for me ?I formatted my cf card in windows , have used diskpart to clean but it still will not show up on my 1200 or in winaue. Any Ideas?
At any rate I would like to know what you charge for your image service for a install of classic workbench on a 4 GB Flash card.
Thanks
Garry

fitzsteve
1st April 2014, 14:15
Hi Garry,

Thanks for your interest in my services.

The charges are the same as setting up a real hard drive as I have to start with an empty Hard file and work from there in the same size as the target CF card.

I'll PM you to discuss the details :thumbsup:

Steve.

fitzsteve
3rd April 2014, 19:50
@Thread,

I'm testing the water here. I've noticed the price of 16gb CF's have come down quite a bit now and I could do a full setup now inc IDE adapter & cable for 35 + P&P, this is using Transcend 133x Media. Price is taking into account longer setup times for larger cards but still much better value then the 8gb cards eBay sellers are doing ;)

The only thing I will point out is that unlike the eBay sellers I don't include pirate WHDLoad Keys, it's for you to register and I can only install an OS you own, so for example if you want OS3.9 you must own the original CD.

Other requests hit me up on PM to discuss :thumbsup:

I can even do a small reduction in the price of a few if you don't need the IDE cable and adapter, if I get regular orders this might also bring the price down like it did with the 4gb cards.

As for 8gb cards, I could do those for 29 + P&P inc cable/adapter/setup. Again I will use Transcend 133x Media.

Note that for now they would have be on a per order basis so there will be a few days delay whilst I get the cards.

If I get the interest then I'm happy to stock the CF's again.

fitzsteve
18th April 2014, 13:39
Bump :cool:

zooup1972
19th April 2014, 23:01
Pm sent

fitzsteve
20th April 2014, 13:40
Service done for zooup1972 and delivered electronically, thanks for using my setup service :thumbsup:

+ve feedback left :)

fitzsteve
6th May 2014, 19:40
Bringing this thread to the top. Also to say I can currently do 8gb CF's for 25 and 16gb for 30, this is the price for the CF card only with standard setup. UK Postage is Free! If you need the IDE adapter & cable it's 3 on top. I use Transcend 133x Media, new in retail packaging.

These are on a per order basis so I need to get the CF which takes a couple of days, I can also do SD cards and SSD's just ask for a quote, you can even send me your own media and I will turn it around the same day I receive it and post back to you the next working day! Standard setup is usually just 10, if you require something in particular, again just ask normally for custom setup's like RTG/PPC support I charge 15, postage costs on top of course.

See post #1 for full T's and C's :)

fitzsteve
15th May 2014, 18:50
Hi Guys, it's time to close this one down. I'm not carrying a stock of CF's anymore and my guides seem to help others to setup their own which is great.

Thanks to all who have used my service, I hope you're still enjoying your CF's/HDD's :thumbsup: