Closed A500 or A1200 for free. Please read the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMK

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Glasgow
Hi everyone,

One of my long time friends who used to be into the Amiga with me back in high school was round a couple of weeks ago and we went through a lot of the old things we used to use 18 years ago, games, demos and Octamed. He's into his music and after the Amiga he went over to the PC and now uses Mac's for his DJ hobby setup. I was trying to convince him to get back into the Amiga and was going through the sites showing him there is still a following for the machines, but due to his divorce he isn't willing to spend any money on an Amiga, but said he enjoyed using mine and would like one.

I know this is a lot to ask but I'm wondering if anyone has a spare A500 or A1200 they would be willing to part with for the price of postage which I will pay for? If I'm able to get an A1200 I'll be buying and giving him a CF card setup and will buy an ACA to lend him while he is using the machine. If I can secure an A500 I'll expand the ram via the trapdoor or go down the ACA500 route when they are released. The machine doesn't need to be boxed, just come with a mouse, modulator and PSU.

Should he end up not using the machine it will be offered back to the person who donated it or failing that, passed on to someone else on Amibay at no cost. I don't have the money to buy him a complete setup so am trying the route with the end objective getting someone back into the Amiga scene.

Thanks for your time,

Robert

Hi Robert,

I don't have anything spare at the moment but often when I pick up job lots of Amiga stuff there are an A500 or two, if I get one I will offer it to you first (y)

In the mean time good luck with your search.

Steve.

i have some a500 for repair, the first repaired is for your friend
expansion to 1mega free but, not psu, not mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom