PDA

View Full Version : For Sale USB 2.0 Integral 5.25" External Enclosure With DVD Drive

davideo
30th October 2012, 19:03
Another piece of redundant hardware to be moved onto someone that may have a use for it.

Integral high speed USB 2.00 interface for 5.25" IDE drives currently has a DVD drive fitted in it.

Not been used for a while but I've just given it a dust down and tested it and it's working perfectly. The top of the unit looks like it's marked in the photos but it's just the marks from the damp cloth used to remove the dust :oops:

Complete with original power supply.

Plug and play on my Windows 7. No driver CD, software or box.

See piccys.

10 + postage at cost. This is a heavy beast so be prepared for a hefty postage price if you are not in the mainland UK.

Dave G :cool:

davideo
22nd February 2013, 00:22
Time for a bump.

SherlockHomeless
6th April 2013, 13:53
Alright mate, I'm interested in this as I need to connect my old Plextor burner up to my Mac.

Could you whip up a postage quote minus the drive?

Cheers

davideo
6th April 2013, 15:46
Alright mate, I'm interested in this as I need to connect my old Plextor burner up to my Mac.

Could you whip up a postage quote minus the drive?

Cheers

I'm guessing you don't need the internal DVD drive. That should save you a bit on postage :thumbsup:

I'll have a look later tonight.

davideo
7th April 2013, 00:27
@SherlockHomeLess

Postage is coming up at approx. 4.00

If it turns out to be more I'll pay the extra and of course if it's any less I'll refund the difference.

SherlockHomeless
7th April 2013, 13:47
That seems more than fair but I managed to improvise a solution in the interim. Never underestimate the creative ability of a man with a plan who doesn't give a good cot damn.

I shall bear this in mind if I feel the need for something more tangible and less "wires hanging all over the place using a voltage feed from a naked PSU" approach I'm currently using.

:thumbsup:

davideo
7th April 2013, 13:49
@SherlockHomeLess

No problem and keep your fingers away from naked power :D