Uk
Region
Lancashire
Hi

I am looking for the following;

- CDTV External Hard Drive
- CDTV Infra Red Mouse
- CDTV Upgrades i.e WAW Turbo etc

- Black CDTV Monitor - I have now got a monitor, can the title be amended to show this

Last edited:
Hi, what do you mean by external hard drive? In order to have a SCSI HD for the CDTV, you have to acquire that SCSI expansion module. Unless you mean an external floppy disk drive.

Hi, what do you mean by external hard drive? In order to have a SCSI HD for the CDTV, you have to acquire that SCSI expansion module. Unless you mean an external floppy disk drive.

Hi I have seen an external CDTV drive which is usually about 60mb. I believe it is a SCSI drive and it may require the expansion module to work.

Hiya,

You need the SCSI expansion card to use this drive.
There were some very rare commodore bundled units I think that included the SCSI adaptor and the official drive, these were extremely limited in numbers due to the short life fo the CDTV.

The SCSI board plugs into the expansion port on the back of the CDTV
You have no chance of finding this drive or the adaptor I am afraid.

The other option may be the IDE68K which fits to the 68000 CPU socket, however it needs higher kickstart ROMS in a switcher (2.05 or above I believe).

Other than that there is a thread on amibay for Crag at Amitrix who was going to put together some more scsi adaptors but this has been talked about for nearly 2 years:-

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?p=317624#post317624

Cheers,

Stu

Hiya,

There were some very rare commodore bundled units I think that included the SCSI adaptor and the official drive, these were extremely limited in numbers due to the short life fo the CDTV.

The other option may be the IDE68K which fits to the 68000 CPU socket, however it needs higher kickstart ROMS in a switcher (2.05 or above I believe).

Other than that there is a thread on amibay for Crag at Amitrix who was going to put together some more scsi adaptors but this has been talked about for nearly 2 years:-

Cheers,

Stu

@stu
:shhh: Craig has quietly joined Amibay in the last 2 weeks and plans to announce something soon...:shhh::whistle:

@stu
:shhh: Craig has quietly joined Amibay in the last 2 weeks and plans to announce something soon...:shhh::whistle:

OOOOOOOOHHHHH, that is really great news, -this could really be christmas come early !!!!

I also have a wanted thread for an IDE68K.

I am a collector so a full CDTV set would be ideal and I know the hard drive is rare.

Im looking forward to whatever Craig anounces

Hiya,

Cheers,

Stu

I am a collector so a full CDTV set would be ideal and I know the hard drive is rare.

Something else to bear in mind is Zeus68K which is due out very soon
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=65047

-If this delivers what it promises then this would be the mother of all upgrades for CDTV and A500:-

My only worry looking at dimensions of the board is that it will not fit due to the caps and sockets close to the 68000 chip on the CDTV

I saw that on EAB and have been waiting ages for it. ....

Something else to bear in mind is Zeus68K which is due out very soon
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=65047

-If this delivers what it promises then this would be the mother of all upgrades for CDTV and A500:-

My only worry looking at dimensions of the board is that it will not fit due to the caps and sockets close to the 68000 chip on the CDTV

- CDTV External Hard Drive
Mmmm..i think it's not a genuine accessory for CDTV..

I think it was an official Commodore CDTV accessory, no? Here are the pictures I could find of it. If it was not official then the styling was very good.

11jof1h.jpg

Sveta_CDTV_SCSI_HDD_2.jpg

Sveta_Commodore_CDTV_SCSI.jpg

Hi,

@alexh:

This Photos (2+3) is made original from me and is good, when you copy this Photos here written web source, author or Amibay thread link...

Happy New Year. ;)

Regards, Sveta

Craig has quietly joined Amibay in the last 2 weeks and plans to announce something soon...

Fantastic news, I am also interested. Wonder if I should email him already, or wait for the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom