stevendt

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Scotland
Hi,

I am looking for equipment from Memotech - they were the manufacturer of a Z80 based home computer in the UK in the early '80s. I have an MTX500 and an MTX512, but I would be interested in a RS128 or an MTX512S2.

What I am really looking for though is a disk based add on such as the SDX or FDX, particularly an FDX. I would even be interested if the item is non-functional.

I would consider anything Memotech related though, hope someone can help

Regards
Dave

*** bump ***

:help: Still hoping that something might come up . . . .

You know that you don't really need that Memotech gear you have lying around in the loft, set it free :D

Hi,

There was an MTX500 on the other bay recently...did you see it? Might still be there.

There are also often a few Qume 142 drives too for your FDX/SDX, though mostly they are in the USA.

Both are tricky to get hold of, so I am so glad that I got all of my kit fully working again...sorry, never for sale ;)

Good luck in your searches

K6

Hi,

See it? I bought it :)
I wanted the 80 column board in it more that the MTX500 (it actually has 64k).

Have you seen the lastest one that just sold!

I am keeping a note of the prices on my web site - this last one must be a record. It had the original packaging etc., but still. It's even more of a shame if it has been bought just to live in its box and not be used.

Yes, I have seen drives in the US, but the costs to get them here prohibitive (for me anyway), the price of the drives might not be too bad, say £25, but the extras add up. The shipping, which seems to range between £35 and £45, say £65 total, plus the VAT, another £13, plus Royal Mails cut for collecting the VAT, £8 -> £86 total. That is just too much for a 30 year old drive that might not work anyway.

I'll keep looking though - if you spot any, please let me know.

I only have FDX but no SDX controller. Now I need an SDX controller too to be able to use my 80 Column board.

regards
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom