AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
264   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
IF Anyone have Amiga CD Drive for Amiga 1200 then please let me know(y)

I have some normal IDE CD-ROM players that works on an A1200 but have to check if they still work :)

think u need be a bit more sprecific as the a1200 has an ide controller/connector so that cheapest way

personally I wonder why any one would want a cd/dvd drive in this day and age when there are much better solidstate solutions for file storage and retrival

I've got a external cdrom housing with it's own built in psu (uses a kettle lead plug)and a TDK cdrom drive in it. It has a long ide cable coming out of it but you would have to sort out how you are going to connect it to your A1200 yourself.

You will need a buffered interface if you plan to use it with a cf card or hard drive for example. The cable is long enough to go through the Amiga and out of the expansion port hole on the right hand side of the rear panel (you'd have to feed it under the floppy drive) or you could file down the case on the left hand side.

The unit powers on and the cd draw opens fine so it works. You could easily open the casing and replace the cd drive with a dvd reader / writer if you chose too.

Asking £20 plus postage for it. If you are interested and want pictures let me know.

Hey Acids..

I dont like to do hassling how to connect the my Amiga 1200 as I like to plug and play if you know what I mean

It seem Amiga CD Drive are hard to find at the moment :(

Bump

i have pcmcia-cd-rom but cost 100€ or internal 20€ slim-cd-rom, but don't understand what you want

Hey

Has your A1200 got any accelerator card? Yes, 56MHZ :)

There are SCSI Kits available for certain cards and then you could use an external SCSI CDROM.

Or the other option would be squirrel SCSI which TheCorfiot is selling here:

Thanks for reminding me that (y)

piacc64:

Could I have look at internal 20€ slim-cd-rom please....a Picture of it would be nice :)

details, details we demand facts well ok it may just be me with the demanding thing. would like know what u went for in the end and how it fullfils your needs ;)
but every one likes pictures

Please be more clear with your updates, if you bought it at Amibay was it in this thread? If so who from? Was feedback left?

We only want to close the thread when the transaction is complete but you don't give much info to go on :picard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom