Shipping

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I agreed with a user to give a price to ship to the UK. (a commodore 128 D keyboard)

I wan't to ship it from Belgium to UK. I went to the reception at work, and they calculated over 50 euro's(n)

How is it done properly? (less money)

I agreed with a user to give a price to ship to the UK. (a commodore 128 D keyboard)

I wan't to ship it from Belgium to UK. I went to the reception at work, and they calculated over 50 euro's(n)

How is it done properly? (less money)

For us in the UK, it's often much cheaper to use a 3rd party courier, instead of the post office. This is true for domestic as well as international shipping. I use interparcel.com, but others have used parcel2go.com -- I'm not sure who you'd use in Belgium, but it's worth a Google to see if you can find someone. :)

Parcel2go.com should be able to do a pickup/delivery no problem. ;)

Kin

It's really crazy some countries that they have extraordinary shipping costs for items more than 2kgs, which is consider as a parcel and not a letter (I don't know if this applies to other post offices in the world too). In Greece, using our nation Post Office (ELTA) would be much much cheaper.

It's the same here Phantom. Anything over 2Kg is a bitch to ship via Royal Mail/Parcel Force Worldwide. Funny thing is, you can get the Royal Mail/Parcel Force shipping at a fraction of the cost via Parcel2go.com, than you can over the Post Office counter. We're taking saving £25 - £30 differences here....

Butt munching gits ffs.

Kin

Seems the opposite here in Canada. Canada post being the best for shipping prices, courier services will always bend over the receiver , and charge a ridiculous and often illegal "Boarder" fee, and then tack on service fees- often, the sender has no knowledge that the receiver is paying double-and all COD, not even informing you until they come to the door. Unless, you have a business contract with them, then they wave ALL service fees, and actually charge cheaper than the post office. So unless you are a business, they DON't want you as a customer.

I just got a shipping quote from a UK seller for the Amos Pro disks + Manual for £45...(to Australia)

I really only want the manual but the shipping alone killed that !:blink:

That seems very steep Marcb. I know shipping between Aus and the UK can be much cheaper than that. Ask Ultrareliable, he has been doing it often.

What about bus parcel courier? I think it is cheaper enough. At least in my country.

What about bus parcel courier? I think it is cheaper enough. At least in my country.

Always bus parcel is cheaper. But from Belgium to UK with bus? Only with AirBus m8. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom