PDA

View Full Version : Retr0bright comes 2nd in Hardware vote

Merlin
23rd November 2009, 15:48
In a Best Hardware 2009 vote at a Dutch Commodore Users Group forum, I am amazed that Retr0bright came second only to the Indivision AGA, with Natami 3rd and Minimig at 4th place!!

:wooha:

Details here:-

http://commodore-gg.hobby.nl/verkiezingen/resultaten.php?taal=en

Justin
23rd November 2009, 15:59
In a Best Hardware 2009 vote at a Dutch Commodore Users Group forum, I am amazed that Retr0bright came second only to the Indivision AGA, with Natami 3rd and Minimig at 4th place!!

congrats and well done m8y :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Merlin
23rd November 2009, 16:13
Thanks, but I don't count Retr0bright as hardware. In fact, I wouldn't have thought it qualified for this vote at all.......:blink:

I'm chuffed to bits anyway.

:)

ddni
23rd November 2009, 17:13
justly deserved!!

Shoonay
23rd November 2009, 17:27
Well now, out of these two it would be even funnier if someone considered it as software. ;) (which wouldn't be that far from the truth, because the chemicals make the plastic soft, and floppy, and stuff like that... no? :ninja:)

Kin Hell
23rd November 2009, 18:31
Likewise Merlin, but still a pretty cool achievement. Well done m8y. :thumbsup:

Kin

desiv
24th November 2009, 00:02

What a rip-off!!!! :censored:

It's way better than the Indivision AGA!!! :roll:

Just think about. Basically, every Amiga could use it, but only a few can use that AGA thing..

I mean, it's an easy choice!!

I think the Russians had some deals with the French judge, cuz you should have won!!! :D

desiv

Harrison
24th November 2009, 18:54
Congratulations Merlin, and everyone else involved. :thumbsup:

It is a great achievement and well deserved.

I suppose they can view it as hardware because it restores the look of hardware to its former glory. And as said above, it hardly qualifies as software..

AndyLandy
24th November 2009, 18:58
Indeed!

Kudos to Merlin and co. Retr0bright is a really amazing idea and I don't think I've seen anything quite like it before. You guys deserve this!

Merlin
24th November 2009, 21:04
@ AndyLandy

It's extremely customised, niche chemistry; the reason it works so well is that it was custom made for treating the brominated flame retardants. I did weeks of research into this to eventually identify TBBP-A as the flame retardant used and I am 95%+ certain that is what Commodore used, although I can't track anyone down from their moulding plant to confirm it.

One man's magic is another man's science... we could probably write a thesis or a dissertation on the phenomenon, but do I really need a degree to prove my credentials in chemistry? I think that the Wiki says it all and I have tried to keep it simple so that people also get to understand WHY it works, which was the question nobody asked at the start but it made sense from a science standpoint once we had figured it out.

Seriously, I couldn't have pulled this off without the help and discussions that I had with Zetr0, rkauer and others about the formulation of the ABS masterbatch and its possible composition. I'm sure that I bored Zetr0 rigid with it all!!

Everyone who has put effort into research and testing that went towards the creation of Retr0bright deserves this, and the key people that made it happen were all Commodore users, either C64s or Amigas. Who says Amiga people aren't still at the edge of innovation?

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

arnljot
28th November 2009, 13:56
As a happy Retr0Bright user I have to say congrats and well deserved!

Tahoe
30th November 2009, 17:59
Ehm, this is not an outcome yet, but a interim result. The contest hasn't closed yet, and actually Retrobright now shares the #1 spot with Indivision.

If it wins, who will come and collect the prize Dec. 19th in Maarssen, Holland? Merlin? If you need a place to stay, I know at least 2 people in Holland that live (very) close to Maarssen, myself included... :)

Merlin
30th November 2009, 18:02
Erm, I don't know... what do you get for 1st Prize?

When does the contest end?

Ooh, this is tense......:unsure:

Tahoe
30th November 2009, 20:16
Erm, I don't know... what do you get for 1st Prize?

When does the contest end?

Ooh, this is tense......:unsure:

The contest closes two weeks before the meeting, that would be this Saturday...

You win an excellent trophee!!! :) (and everlasting fame obviously)

Merlin
30th November 2009, 20:35
WOW!!

Those trophies are the shiznit!!
:nod:

"Best Hardware Innovation 2009" is the best translation I can guess at..

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

@ Tahoe

As our project was international and involved people from all over the World, where do we put it? We don't have a cabinet!!

:lol:

Kin Hell
1st December 2009, 04:54
@ Tahoe

Nice! :thumbsup:

Kin

Merlin
6th December 2009, 22:08
Well, here are the final results of the voting...

Hardware
Minimig - Dennis van Weeren (28,0 %)
Indivision (24,0 %)
Retr0bright (20,0 %)
C64 Laptop - Benjamin J Heckendorn (8,0 %)
Natami (8,0 %)
MEGA CART (4,0 %)
HardSID 4U (4,0 %)
DC2N - Luigi Di Fraia (4,0 %)
JiffyDOS - Jim Brain (0,0 %)
EasyFlash (0,0 %)
CBM-HD - Ruud Baltissen (0,0 %)

I can live with a 3rd place - it saves me having to figure out how to pick the award up!!

:lol:

Justin
8th December 2009, 17:09
isn't there a prize for 3rd?

Tahoe
9th December 2009, 11:33
Voting isn't over yet... Closing date is Dec. 12th.

So. You might still need to get that ticket for a ferry/plane! :)

arnljot
9th December 2009, 23:54
Can anyone vote?

Are amibayers banned from voting due to conflict of interest ? ;-P

Merlin
10th December 2009, 10:00
@ arnljot

I don't know, have you tried voting?

McVenco
10th December 2009, 10:04
Can anyone vote?

Yes. Just go to this page (http://commodore-gg.hobby.nl/verkiezingen/index.php?taal=en) and cast in your vote!

Explanation and rules

Every year the Commodore-GG awards a software and an hardware innovation price at the last meeting of that year. This is a trophy made by one of our members. Contestants have to send us a description and photos of the project. They also have to send us an example and/or give us an demonstration of their project on one of our meetings. The winner of the contest is chosen by a poll on our web site.

A. There are two categories: hardware and software.

B. The project must have something to do with Commodore computers or peripherals.

C. The contest is open for everyone; Dutch as well as foreign people.

D. The finished projects may not be older then three years.

E. The projects are judged by the board of the club on creativity, originality, availability and its innovative value.

F. The board will decide which projects will take part of the contest.

G. The poll will be closed two weeks before the last meeting of the year.

H. The projects that have been granted a price are excluded from any following polls. Exceptions are possible if the project has been upgraded in such a way that it can be considered as a new development. This will be judged by the board.

I. The board will decide in situations not foreseen by the above rules. There is no discussion or correspondence possible about the outcome of the contest.

Zetr0
10th December 2009, 15:14
I have just voted,

I voted for Retr0bight... and its not because Merly paid me... ;)

As much as I truly behold the Minimig - its a fantastic effort and certainly worth of a WIN! however as much as I like it, it only has an Amiga Focus.

(yes I know the FPGA core can be programmed for a c64 / megadrive / snes *almost*) but its concept and root is in the Amiga Scene...

Retro-bright is a little more than that...

it transcends not only different computer and console manufactures but also from that to toys, appliances... near enough anything..

and its that reason alone RB has my vote =D, but I do rally for a lot of the other entrants and most are certainly worthy of a WIN =D

rkauer
10th December 2009, 17:33
I voted for Retr0bright, too. :D

Merlin
10th December 2009, 17:42
This is intense... I've been watching the voting and Retr0bright has been neck-and-neck with Minimig all day. I know it's not X-Factor, American Idol or whatever, but for a retro fan like me, it's just as exciting!!

Zetr0
10th December 2009, 18:09
.... I know it's not X-Factor, American Idol or whatever...

indeed, this is not rigged or fixed but an honest appraisal of a products communities worth =)

its very enjoyable as theres a lot of worthy contenders for the prize, personally I think all are true winners in their nominations =D

Merlin
10th December 2009, 20:32
The latest scores....

Retr0bright (22,2 %)
Minimig - Dennis van Weeren (22,2 %)
Indivision (15,6 %)
C64 Laptop - Benjamin J Heckendorn (11,1 %)
HardSID 4U (8,9 %)
EasyFlash (6,7 %)
Natami (4,4 %)
DC2N - Luigi Di Fraia (4,4 %)
MEGA CART (2,2 %)
CBM-HD - Ruud Baltissen (2,2 %)

Tahoe
10th December 2009, 20:34
So, Merlin, there is still a chance we can buy you a beer eh? :)

Merlin
10th December 2009, 20:38
@ Tahoe

The way things are headed, we may need to consider sending an AmiBayer from Holland to collect it on our behalf.

Tahoe
10th December 2009, 20:43
Haha, we've already voted, now we need to collect it too? :) No worries though, McVenco can probably pick it up.

Although, it's nicer if it's picked up in person, it makes it just the more international... :)

arnljot
10th December 2009, 20:44
I was in serious doubt in what to vote. But I landed on the blonde beer, eh -sorry, retrobright as has come to the rescue to two of my miggies.

Merlin
10th December 2009, 20:51
@ Tahoe

I could vote, but ethically I feel that I shouldn't, as our project is involved... conflict of interest, and all that...

TheCorfiot
10th December 2009, 22:59
@ Tahoe

I could vote, but ethically I feel that I shouldn't, as our project is involved... conflict of interest, and all that...

Don't worry mate... I voted for you instead :D

TC :shhh:

Merlin
11th December 2009, 09:13
With 24 hours to go, here are the scores this morning.

Retr0bright (24,5 %)
Minimig - Dennis van Weeren (20,4 %)
Indivision (14,3 %)
C64 Laptop - Benjamin J Heckendorn (10,2 %)
HardSID 4U (10,2 %)
DC2N - Luigi Di Fraia (6,1 %)
EasyFlash (6,1 %)
Natami (4,1 %)
CBM-HD - Ruud Baltissen (2,0 %)
MEGA CART (2,0 %)

:shhh:

McVenco
11th December 2009, 09:51
McVenco can probably pick it up.

Sure, no problem, though I have no plans to travel to the UK to deliver the award to it's rightful winner anytime soon :).

arnljot
11th December 2009, 10:05
Retr0bright (24,5 %)
Minimig - Dennis van Weeren (20,4 %)
Indivision (14,3 %)
C64 Laptop - Benjamin J Heckendorn (10,2 %)

In my mind it's really between the top three. Surprised that the Indivision doesn't gather more support.

The C64 laptop is cool, but not for everyone - it's a one off. So I'm going to pi$$ on his parade and say it shouldn't be on that list

Merlin
11th December 2009, 10:41
Without wishing to be seen dissing the opposition...these are just my thoughts...

The Indivision isn't without it's issues; if you search the Amiga forums, the amount of people having problems, either getting it fitted and going in the first place, or having compatibility issues is significant. I think that's the reason the score isn't higher.

@ arnljot

Funnily enough, Zetr0 was saying the same about Ben Heckendorm's C64 project a few days ago when I phoned him. I also think that the cost in machining that custom case would put most people off. If he had done this with the intention of making a mould from the case to produce kits for others to do this, it would have been far more awesome, as I would build one.

I still maintain that Retr0bright technically isn't hardware in it's own right.
Innovation? Definitely. Hardware? No.....

arnljot
11th December 2009, 10:55
@Merlin

Well it's not software either.

Have you perhaps been so innovative that you've invented gelware, floware?

Merlin
11th December 2009, 13:35
I dunno Arnljot, it's not Vapourware anyway.....:lol:

SkydivinGirl
11th December 2009, 15:14
I agree that the C64 Laptop should not be there as it's not a real project that benefits the community. It's a very cool one-off project from a very talented person, but it really did not advance the community as a whole. :(

I also don't understand why JiffyDOS is on the list since it's been around since the C64 was in widespread use. I love JiffyDOS but it hasn't really added anything new to the retro systems. I guess this is why it doesn't really have any votes. :wink:

The only new items that have had any impact for me so far are Retr0bright, the Indivision, and the Mega Cart. All of these products definitely deserve to be in the list. I've also got the EasyFlash on the way but it was a late entry and not many people have it yet.

Take care,

Heather

J.T.Kirk
11th December 2009, 16:04
'cause of an extra-terrestrial, what's this Retr0bright all 'bout? :roll:

arnljot
11th December 2009, 19:05
I dunno Arnljot, it's not Vapourware anyway.....:lol:

Well, if you leave it out in the sun long enough... ;-)

rkauer
11th December 2009, 22:55
'cause of an extra-terrestrial, what's this Retr0bright all 'bout? :roll:

http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/ :p

J.T.Kirk
11th December 2009, 22:58
Aha. Nice work really. Although I'll paint my Amigas black (my favorite color) someday this year... or the next... :D

ddni
11th December 2009, 23:23
The gallery needs some new pictures.... ;)

AndyLandy
11th December 2009, 23:24
Aha. Nice work really. Although I'll paint my Amigas black (my favorite color) someday this year... or the next... :D

Black? Sacrilege!

There's only one solution to this, I must find a CDTV and paint it beige!

J.T.Kirk
11th December 2009, 23:24
Nooooo..... :mad:

Merlin
12th December 2009, 00:32
The gallery needs some new pictures.... ;)

Yeah, hint taken, LOL.

I have quite a lot of new pictures of Super Famicom, PC Engine and other retro parts (including yours) on a memory stick that I've collected over the last couple of weeks from all over the t'Interweb. Gallery 2 will be getting an upgrade of new pictures shortly.

Merlin
12th December 2009, 18:44
Well the voting ends today according to Tahoe, although he didn't mention at what time...

Here's how the voting stands as of 17.45 today UK time.

Retr0bright (21,6 %) :wooha:
Minimig - Dennis van Weeren (20,3 %)
Natami (12,2 %)
HardSID 4U (12,2 %)
Indivision (12,2 %)
C64 Laptop - Benjamin J Heckendorn (9,5 %)
EasyFlash (5,4 %)
DC2N - Luigi Di Fraia (4,1 %)
CBM-HD - Ruud Baltissen (1,4 %)
MEGA CART (1,4 %)

The waiting for the voting to end is killing me.....

arnljot
12th December 2009, 19:13
How can Natami beat Indivision? It's not even released yet!:blink:

Merlin
12th December 2009, 21:58
It's now 9pm UK time and here are the latest results...

Retr0bright (20,0 %) :wooha:
Minimig - Dennis van Weeren (18,8 %)
Natami (13,8 %)
HardSID 4U (13,8 %)
Indivision (13,8 %)
C64 Laptop - Benjamin J Heckendorn (8,8 %)
EasyFlash (5,0 %)
DC2N - Luigi Di Fraia (3,8 %)
CBM-HD - Ruud Baltissen (1,3 %)
MEGA CART (1,3 %)

@ Tahoe

When does the voting end this evening?

Merlin
13th December 2009, 00:06
Well, I make it at least 5 minutes past midnight EU time, and the scores look like this...

Retr0bright (20,7 %) :woot:
Minimig - Dennis van Weeren (19,5 %)
HardSID 4U (14,9 %)
Indivision (13,8 %)
Natami (12,6 %)
C64 Laptop - Benjamin J Heckendorn (8,0 %)
EasyFlash (4,6 %)
DC2N - Luigi Di Fraia (3,4 %)
CBM-HD - Ruud Baltissen (1,1 %)
MEGA CART (1,1 %)

Holy Crap!! I don't know if there's any kind of vote check to be done yet, but based on these scores, I think Retr0bright has won!! :nod:

desiv
13th December 2009, 02:27
If so, it's well deserved, really..

minimig is neat tech, but to be really useful, you need the ARM module and it gets to be pretty spendy...

Indivision is nice, but again, spendy... Good tech, but only useful to a limited number of people...

Retr0bright is useful to all Commodores (and virtually all other 8/16 bit computers) and at a pricepoint/ease of use point that makes it accessible to all users...

That's a huge plus in my opinion..

And, it does more to preserve the old systems, rather than replace them, as minimig and natami (which isn't out yet) does...

I'm really surprised the vote is as close as it is, but that's my opinion..

Good (well deserved) job... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

desiv

arnljot
13th December 2009, 11:30
I guess congratulations are in order?! :pint::beer::drinkin::thumbsup2::jester::grouphug:

(I guess I went "arnljot" there...)

desiv
13th December 2009, 19:51
The results of the Commodore election.
Hardware

1 - Minimig - Dennis van Weeren (21,1 %)
2 - Retr0bright (20,0 %)
3 - HardSID 4U (14,4 %)
4 - Indivision (13,3 %)
5 - Natami (12,2 %)
6 - C64 Laptop - Benjamin J Heckendorn (8,9 %)
7 - EasyFlash (4,4 %)
8 - DC2N - Luigi Di Fraia (3,3 %)
9 - CBM-HD - Ruud Baltissen (1,1 %)
10 - MEGA CART (1,1 %)
11 - JiffyDOS - Jim Brain (0,0 %)

------------------

What? We all saw that you were ahead??????

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
:censored::censored::censored::censored:
:nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts:

Not that I'm surprised... It's who you know around these places..

desiv

p.s. Congrats tho; you have the best product..
So, do you feel like American Basketball team after "losing" to the Russians in the 1972 Olympics in Moscow?? ;-)
Funny coincidence, a Dutch competition and minimig winning..

Merlin
13th December 2009, 20:59
The results of the Commodore election.
Hardware

1 - Minimig - Dennis van Weeren (21,1 %)
2 - Retr0bright (20,0 %)
3 - HardSID 4U (14,4 %)
4 - Indivision (13,3 %)
5 - Natami (12,2 %)
6 - C64 Laptop - Benjamin J Heckendorn (8,9 %)
7 - EasyFlash (4,4 %)
8 - DC2N - Luigi Di Fraia (3,3 %)
9 - CBM-HD - Ruud Baltissen (1,1 %)
10 - MEGA CART (1,1 %)
11 - JiffyDOS - Jim Brain (0,0 %)

------------------

What? We all saw that you were ahead??????

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
:censored::censored::censored::censored:
:nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts:

Not that I'm surprised... It's who you know around these places..

desiv

p.s. Congrats tho; you have the best product..
So, do you feel like American Basketball team after "losing" to the Russians in the 1972 Olympics in Moscow?? ;-)
Funny coincidence, a Dutch competition and minimig winning..

Hmm... I do feel that an injustice has been done, seeing as I posted the scores as of 12.05 EU time; however, I also think that we'll never find out what happened. I did say beforehand that the voting may need to be checked and I would be interested to hear what, if anything, they found that changed the scores. :shrug:

Under the circumstances, my original thread title was somewhat prophetic... now, if I could just do the same with next week's Lottery numbers....:lol:

@ Tahoe / McVenco or other Dutch member

I'd appreciate it if you could shed any light on this from the Dutch perspective, if you can....I posted the votes as of midnight on the 12th as agreed in the rules, so what gives?

McVenco
14th December 2009, 09:28
@ Tahoe / McVenco or other Dutch member

I'd appreciate it if you could shed any light on this from the Dutch perspective, if you can....I posted the votes as of midnight on the 12th as agreed in the rules, so what gives?

I honestly have no idea, I don't know who made the poll and how the system works. I could ask Ron (president of the Commodore User's Group) next saturday, but I don't think that it will change the outcome.

Anyway, still congrats on a 2nd place, and next year I'll try to convince everyone to vote for Retr0bright. It would be very nice to see one/some of you next year in Holland, but of course you are always welcome to any of our meetings :thumbsup:

Merlin
14th December 2009, 09:35
Thanks, Eric. To be honest, I am made up that Retr0bright even made it onto the list of candidates in the first place, let alone coming second.

I think just for the record, and for the sake of the future integrity of the voting process on their site, that the question as to why the scores changed after midnight should be asked.

Don't get me wrong; it's not sour grapes on my part, it's just that to some members on here it looks like the voting was rigged afterwards.

SkydivinGirl
14th December 2009, 14:18
I always thought the Minimig was a neat project but I didn't see that it really did anything that real Amiga hardware couldn't do. That, plus the overall cost of the project, made it never really appealing to me.

Anyhow, congratulations to the Minimig for first place and Retr0bright for second!

Heather

J.T.Kirk
14th December 2009, 14:39
Minimig is really nice piece of hardware, but I don't own it, 'cause it's not AGA yet. Maybe Minimig 2? :roll:

AndyLandy
14th December 2009, 14:51
Minimig is really nice piece of hardware, but I don't own it, 'cause it's not AGA yet. Maybe Minimig 2? :roll:

I feel sort-of the same way about it. I think of Minimig as being a "proof of concept" for a bigger project (NatAmi) -- As I think I've said before, what I want to see is the "A5000" with all the mod-cons of a modern Amiga setup, whilst still being mostly backwards-compatible with classic Amiga software.

J.T.Kirk
14th December 2009, 15:03
NatAmi is a great project. I hope that we will see a developer board soon.

Justin
14th December 2009, 15:07
NatAmi is real??????

Merlin
14th December 2009, 15:15
NatAmi is real??????

The best answer to that is 'sort of'. A prototype has been seen and demonstrated, however a production-ready unit has yet to be made public.

rkauer
14th December 2009, 23:50
As far as I know, there are a few (maybe three!)developer boards around, not just one.

But from what I can tell, they are abusively expensive. As all other prototypes, of course.

Merlin
14th December 2009, 23:57
@ rkauer

The Natami prototype I saw had a 'freestyle' look about it, with 30 AWG wires heading off in various directions. I don't recall seeing anything remotely like a build worth putting out to manufacture.

J.T.Kirk
15th December 2009, 00:35
Sure, but 1-2 months ago they revealed some pics of the Evaluation version.

Merlin
15th December 2009, 09:35
Yeah, but until it hits the shelves and Joe Public can buy it, it might as well be vapourware; beta versions of hardware shouldn't count in these types of competitions.

arnljot
15th December 2009, 09:39
Here is an interview with a person in the project (http://www.retroage.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1869&Itemid=156&limit=1&limitstart=2)

It's got a few pictures too. Okay read, but not much new info for us who have kept an eye on the project.

moijk
15th December 2009, 09:44
As far as I know, there are a few (maybe three!)developer boards around, not just one.

But from what I can tell, they are abusively expensive. As all other prototypes, of course.

As fara s I recall they made some dev boards (1000 euro for a lot of three I seem to recall, for the main guys. Should not be a measurement to the final cost due), and they seem to be making progress on the 050 softcore (fpga).

The guys seem to know what they are doing, and the features seem to result in a board that will fill the needs of people alike me who want the best Amiga-experience, but are by no means collectors.

Still, beside the minimig - I got about a lifetime of watching Amiga projects that never materialize.

*text that contained a clueless returning Amiga user trying to understand the marked, but was reminded that it is against amibays policy to help returning Amiga users back to their bliss, since it might give the "I bet some nostialgic sucker will pay a bundle for this in the classified" less money for his attic-cleaning*

rkauer
16th December 2009, 09:06
As far as I recall they made some dev boards (1000 euro for a lot of three I seem to recall, for the main guys. Should not be a measurement to the final cost due), and they seem to be making progress on the 050 softcore (fpga).

The guys seem to know what they are doing, and the features seem to result in a board that will fill the needs of people alike me who want the best Amiga-experience, but are by no means collectors.

Still, beside the minimig - I got about a lifetime of watching Amiga projects that never materialize.

*text that contained a clueless returning Amiga user trying to understand the marked, but was reminded that it is against amibays policy to help returning Amiga users back to their bliss, since it might give the "I bet some nostialgic sucker will pay a bundle for this in the classified" less money for his attic-cleaning*

Can you elaborate this statement, please?

Amibay is not a site dedicated to scorch people's money, nor only classic Amiga oriented.

I really love to see a newer Amiga resurrecting after all this time, and I think a real huge amount of old-school Amigans will do, also.

Most die-hard Amiga power users have some kind of PPC machine nowadays. Mostly Macs (MorphOS run in some of those) or Pegasos/Samantha (both MorphOS and Amiga OS 4.0/4.1).

Merlin
16th December 2009, 14:03
[/set DefCon 4]

@ moijk

If your comments are taking a pop at AmiBay for preventing price driving, I for one am not about to apologise for what we do on here.

It has always been the ethos of AmiBay that we don't allow traders to indirectly drive the market on our site, in order that members can obtain goods at reasonable prices. The market has been dictated by traders for too long via the auction sites and we decided to provide an alternative that is resistant to such influences. It is for this reason that we prevent price driving on the site; the price is agreed between seller and buyer and reflects what the buyer is prepared to pay at the time, it's not intended to set a market value.

If that's such a big problem for you, I'd appreciate a PM from you telling me why it is.

McVenco
16th December 2009, 16:09
Back on topic!

The Commodore Users Group website now reads thus:

Innovation Prizes 2009 - This year’s innovation prizes are won by Acid64 and MiniMig. It was a very close finish between the MiniMig and Retr0bright but after counting the votes (and cleaned up the false ones) at Sunday MiniMig has beaten Retr0bright with one vote…… On our C= Show of December 19th we will distribute the trophy to the winners of this year.

In the original (Dutch) text it reads "double votes" instead of "false votes".

So in the end there was just 1 (one!:o) vote which made the difference.

Now who in here voted multiple times? :Doh:

Merlin
16th December 2009, 16:23
Well, it doesn't get any closer than that.... fair enough.

Thanks for asking, Eric.

desiv
16th December 2009, 18:12
I swear I didn't vote twice...

desiv

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:12 ----------

I swear I didn't vote twice...

desiv

:-) Couldn't help it...