DF0:NDOS
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Country
England
Region
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Hey all, I was wondering if someone would be willing to give some cases the Retr0bright treatment for me?
I've had a look and I don't feel confident messing with potentially dangerous chemicals!

I'd need the following treated:
2x C64 breadbin cases
2x C64C cases
1x VIC-20 case

I will gladly pay for your time, costs and return postage.

Go to your local chemists and buy some BBlonde hair lightener; it's just about goof-proof and it's a lot safer to use than hydrogen peroxide.

The original Retr0bright was a proof of concept and evidence that the chemistry behind the process was sound. Most people use BBlonde these days and I wish I was on commission for the extra sales that they have gained from this discovery.

So would I just substitute the hydrogen peroxide for BBlonde and follow the receipe as normal?

No need to mix anything, you just use the Bblonde neat on the plastic.
Best to apply with a small paint brush, then wrap in cling film or similar and leave out in the sun.
I have done a few things with very good results.

Its a very simple process, but remember to use gloves as it does sting a bit if you get in your skin.

Thanks for your help guys. Hopefully I can turn my breadbins back from the rather manky shade of brown they are at the moment!

ETA: Since sunlight is at a premium at this time of year, a UV light should achieve the same effect yes?

Last edited:
I've not had any experience with U/V but what I've read in the past seemed to be mixed reuslts.
Sunlight does definitely work though :) Just remember to leave it out as long as possible, and check every few hours to make sure the Bblonde hasn't evaporated, and recoat where necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom