PDA

View Full Version : Sabre Wulf

mpaulj
26th April 2008, 17:47
I wouldn`t mind having this back in my collection as the Amiga emulated versions I have tried are rather poor and I still have my original Spectrum 48K.
Does anyone have a working original tape for sale?
Regards,
Mike.

morcar
13th October 2009, 23:30
if you look on the world of spectrum site m8 you can play the .tap and .tzx images back onto tape. You can do it on amiga and PC.

Another great site to look for spectrum games is planetemu

mpaulj
14th October 2009, 13:24
Thanks, but even with my Amiga 1200 + Blizzard 1260 + SCSI Kit, the emulation is not as good as the original, either running too fast or too slow whichever emulator or game version I try.
I could move on to PC emulators, but tend not to use my PC for games as I prefer the simplicity and speed of the Amiga.
Regards,
Mike.

Zetr0
14th October 2009, 13:34
@mpaulj

what morcar is trying to say is that you can output the TAP files audiably from the PC or the Amiga and record them to Tape.

from here its simple to load back in on the spectrum.

arguably you could even convert these to an MP3 (i will dig up a software link later) and then load them from your MP3 player =D

mpaulj
14th October 2009, 16:07
Thanks, I will look into that. As for an MP3 player, I do not have one.
Regards,
Mike.

Zetr0
14th October 2009, 16:25
you can also convert them and put them on a CD and use a portable CD player =)

morcar
14th October 2009, 17:09
the software is called WinTZX on windows and its awesome. I dont even use tapes anymore as i use the tape adapter which i bought on ebay for 2 quid and i have a little shuttle pc with all the entire collection of ZX Spectrum games. Next up is a DivIDE for me though then i can put them all on either a hard drive or a CF Card

r0jaws
14th October 2009, 18:07
DivIDE is definitely the way forward.

I love mine, and it's in my top 3 favorite retro items.

morcar
14th October 2009, 18:13
so do you use a hard drive or a cf card as i have a (or will have) a grey +2 soon just for it

fitzsteve
3rd December 2009, 14:56
Try ZXAM-Spectrum on the Amiga. On my A1200 030 its perfect and as close as I can find to playing on a real speccy.