DPaint V and Retina

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
Has someone been able to use DPaint in Retina Z3 or other RTG card's screenmodes? The modes that I created with PicassoMode are listed, when I start DPaint but if I choose one of those modes, my A4000 will simply boot.

I would like to know this too. I was under the impression that DPaint V was RTG compatible, but on my recently aquired cybervision card it just crashes as soon as it has loaded :(

The same thing happens on my GVP Spectrum with Picasso 96. According to the programmer they implemented RTG support, but it's unclear if it was in the release or if it got taken out:

http://dallashodgson.info/articles/dpaint.htm

According to the document, C= never got its RTG API ready in time for the DPaint V release
DPaintV was much delayed by the fact that we were waiting for Commodore's RTG (ReTargetable Graphics) solution to arrive for native 24-bit support and were let down. The whole product had already been rewritten for 24-bit, but with EA being reluctant to support 3rd-party cards (like Picasso, etc) - we just hoped that C= would be ready for us by the time we were ready for them. Didn't happen.

Dpaint 5.2 is no better on my 4000D with Picasso. It crashes on screen mode selection :mad:

Dave G :cool:

True. For HAM, HAM8, Animation and animated brushes etc DPaint is the only option out of the 2. But for static images I prefer PPaint.

Back
Top Bottom