Type of Ram for a Cyberstorm MKII?

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Can a Cyberstorm MKII take single or double sided ram, or does it require single sided?

I have the same accelerator board, and my four memory modules are single-sided though.

Either or. Depends how much you're wanting to fit. 32mb are DS.

Kin

For some reason I installed 2x32MB modules, but Amiga sees them as 2x16!

Some accelerators don't like SIMMS with parity & vice versa. For an exact solution Harrison, go & read the Cards .PDF manual from here.

http://phase5.a1k.org/index.php?id=2

I'm sure you will find the relevant material.

@ Phantom

It's probably the kind of ram you used. The CSMKII can address 128Mb of Ram & the only way possible with 4 x SIMMS is to use Double Sided 32Mb SIMMS. Afaik, you don't need to populate the CSMKII with every other slot as you do on the CSMKIII & PPC cards. You could try slot 1 & 3 to see if that resolves it for you. I would always suggest using matched parts too, but again, would not have thought that an issue with the CSMKII.

Kin

@Kin. Cheers for the manual link. However I had already looked at that and it mentions that you can use either 32-bit or PC 36-bit SIMMs up to 32MB, but it doesn't mention anything about single or double sided.

Were all 32MB double sided then?

Yes m8, they usually are. I've never seen a single sided 32Mb 72pin SIMM & afaik, they were always Double Sided. :unsure:

36Bit SIMMS are still 32 Bits wide, but the extra 4 Bits are for Parity Checking.

Kin

My Mk II has 2 x 32 MB and 2 x 4 MB. The 32's are both physically and logically double sided.

Back
Top Bottom