Status
Not open for further replies.

tubbo

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Chicago
Hi, I'm hooking up my old A4000 again after a long time collecting dust. :D

The keyboard itself is in good shape but a few of the keycaps have gotten damaged beyond repair, so I'd like to replace them. The M and > . keycaps (from a US keyboard, if it's important) are the ones I need to replace, so matching keycaps would be absolutely perfect, but of course I'd be quite happy with whatever people can spare that fits, really. I think any keys from the bottom row at least will work fine. I don't know about different rows, as the contours seem slightly different.

Can you please take a shot of the backward of one key? Some Amiga keyboards have different mortise so some will not fit.

Most common ones have a little square pin in the needle and a square hole in the key to hook in.

If so, even a dead A1200 keyboard will have the desired keys (and most A500, albeit those are beige).

Yes, it seems like it's the type you described.

Thanks for the information, it certainly widens my search. :)

Attachments

• keycap.jpg
    keycap.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 0
Let me get a picture taken & I'll post the entire Keyboard here. The story of the KB is;
....It arrived here from the USA with a Toaster Warp Engine set up. The Keyboard has some bubble wrap stuck to the back of it & it's stuck to the sticky residue left from removing the protective key film. This film had been on from brand new, but when I removed it, the KB had still discoloured terribly.

I'm very busy atm, so please bear with me if I'm a day or two getting back. I'l try & get this up tommorow afternoon before I get into work @ 6pm.

Cheers fellas,

Kin

I might have a4k some keys too, I will check to see if the key kaps are the same.

usa4kd01.jpg

usa4kd02.jpg

Overall, it's very grubby. :|

Kin

Sorry for not getting back to this, been busy.

I think I found a source locally, but thanks anyway guys.

@Kin: even if the keyboard is a bit grubby, it's only a matter of cleaning it.

Counting the part is working, of course. If not, I'm interested in all white caps and one "ALT".

@ rkauer

Tbh m8, I am really loathe to break it as it is fully functional. :|

Kin

So no bananas to me. Don't worry, I'll never ask to break a fully functional Amiga device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom