PDA

View Full Version : Offered DOS/9xpert: Optimize your dos box with custom menus and robust EMM with maximum UMBs!

Kahenraz
19th December 2012, 09:47
I'm not sure if anyone would find this useful but here goes.

My background is in computer science and I understand not only how DOS works but how the software that runs on it works as well! Have you ever banged your head in despair at lockups, runaway IRQs, or wondered why the hell you can't hear any sound?

With my service I can offer you exclusive help on configuring your retro dos box (or 9x box) to function exactly as you please with the hardware YOU want on it!

Also offering my services for customizing your config.sys and autoexec.bat to load custom configurations such as supporting multiple EMM managers, game-specific customizations, keyboard remaps, etc.

Even if what I've offered doesn't exactly fit your needs, run your idea by me. Maybe I can help.

Here is another example: I can help you create an image of your favorite CD and show you how to load it into memory as a virtual cd-rom. No more swapping CDs between your favorite games.

Fine tuning your system's memory in DOS requires time and a lot of patience. Because HMA can be taken up by BIOS and various addon-boards, finding the right combination of XMS manager, flags, and switches is different for every machine.

To use this service you'll need to have a working webcam and a broadband connection so that I can configure all of the settings specific to your computer.

If there was a drop-in solution I would lovingly share it for free. But this kind of thing requires care and precision! Fair warning. :)

Here is an example of a machine I was working on recently. Just look at that free upper memory. WOW!

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Intel-D845GECL-Motherboard-478-AGP-ISA-P4-Pentium-4-/00/s/NTA5WDYzNA==/$(KGrHqZHJDYFC0zhsp9vBQzrTSdleQ~~60_3.JPG

I am currently looking for legacy midi equipment including MPU-401 compatible interface cards. See here for more information:

Wanted: Roland Sound Canvas/MPU-401 ISA and MT-32/compatible synth (CM-32/64)
http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=38578

Xanxi
19th December 2012, 21:45
Hi.
Interested!
I need more EMS RAM from my bridgeboard setup to be able to launch some games without a boot floppy (my disk drive is not working well). Where can i send you my files?
:)

cosmicfrog
20th December 2012, 16:16
I too will have to try and remeber you as I got a few 386/486 laptops that wont bringing back to life when I get round to them :)

so thanks and ribbits in advance :D

Kahenraz
20th December 2012, 16:52
Fine tuning your system's memory in DOS requires time and a lot of patience. Because HMA can be taken up by BIOS and various addon-boards, finding the right combination of XMS manager, flags, and switches is different for every machine.

To use this service you'll need to have a working webcam and a broadband connection so that I can configure all of the settings specific to your computer.

If there was a drop-in solution I would lovingly share it for free. But this kind of thing requires care and precision! Fair warning. :)