PDA

View Full Version : Sold *** Mouse Systems Optical 3-Button Mouse ***

bitcpy
3rd January 2013, 05:25
I have a very rare Mouse Systems Optical 3 button Mouse for use on Amiga.

This came with a recently acquired Amiga 3000 so it was fully functional. Unfortunately, I did not get the special reflective mousepad required to use it.

Doing some research revealed that all you need is a surface with a specific pattern. Some people have just printed a pattern and put it under a reflective covering.

I found the link where someone hosted the image needed to make this work: http://www.qdev.de/downloads/files/GoldenImageMousepad.png

This same type of mouse was used on alot of different hardware including SUN and Amiga.

Price: $30CDN. I will cover paypal fees. Buyer pays shipping.

http://www.vrus.ca/users/bitcpy/forsale/MouseSystems1.JPG

http://www.vrus.ca/users/bitcpy/forsale/MouseSystems2.JPG

*** Standard Disclaimer: All items sold are tested and confirmed working. Due to the age of these items I cannot offer any warranty, so they are sold as-is. ***

bdb
3rd January 2013, 06:16
That is Dale Luck's Boing! Mouse ( converted from a Sun mouse) and I have that mouse pad -- the mouse died.

---------- Post added at 00:16 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

Ok, interested, sending PM.

bitcpy
3rd January 2013, 15:33
Received and replied.. Thanks! :thumbsup:

That is Dale Luck's Boing! Mouse ( converted from a Sun mouse) and I have that mouse pad -- the mouse died.

---------- Post added at 00:16 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

Ok, interested, sending PM.

desiv
3rd January 2013, 19:35
I have one of those, but no pad.
I did try printing a pattern on a transparency and placing that over aluminum foil.
It does work. ;-)
But I used a more random pattern and it's a bit jumpy.
I'll try that pattern you have...

Good luck with the sale, it's a very nice mouse...

desiv

bitcpy
3rd January 2013, 21:31
When I first received this batch of hardware, and I went to plug in the mouse it took me a while to figure out it wasnt a normal mouse and then after a bit of research discovered why the pointer didn't move.. lol..

Good thing I didnt "chuck" it and consider it DOA.. :unsure:

I managed to track down a few guys who had the same issue and that pattern I linked is what they used to "fix" the tracking issue.

I should keep it as a piece of history, but, it will just sit unused, so I figure its better to pass it on to someone who will make use of it.

Hope it works for you! :thumbsup:

PS-> Transparency and foil paper is the ticket!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have one of those, but no pad.
I did try printing a pattern on a transparency and placing that over aluminum foil.
It does work. ;-)
But I used a more random pattern and it's a bit jumpy.
I'll try that pattern you have...

Good luck with the sale, it's a very nice mouse...

desiv

bitcpy
4th January 2013, 16:26
Money received from bdb. Thanks. :thumbsup:

bitcpy
6th January 2013, 02:21
Shipped on Friday. It's on the way! :thumbsup:

bdb
6th January 2013, 04:49
Golden Image had a similar mouse with a thin cardboard printed mouse pad. Now believe it or not, the dern mouse died before the mouse pad which I still have, I could try and make a copy and see if it works.

bitcpy
8th January 2013, 15:32
Yup. That is the mouse that the pattern I posted was based from.

Golden Image had a similar mouse with a thin cardboard printed mouse pad. Now believe it or not, the dern mouse died before the mouse pad which I still have, I could try and make a copy and see if it works.

Mods: Please mark this thread as SOLD.