Always "8000000A" Guru

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
I've finally installed my 4GB CF card as a hard disk into my A1200. Although everything seems to run fine, when I try to launch some applications (like DOpus, MUI etc) I got that Guru message always. Although from the floppy disk they work normally (DOpus for example). SnoopDOS can't give me a hint.

Is it a problem with the CF card?

:help:

Last edited:
How have you formatted the 4GB CF card? If you have used the standard FFS file system and made it one big single partition then that is probably your problem. You need to keep the total partitions just under 4GB and make each partition 2GB or less.

when i kept getting that error message it was the memory on my 060, changed the memory and the gurus stopped, don't know if this is the same problem but it sounds the same

I created two partitions, both formatted with SFS. The Workbench partition is just 400MB and the other one is the rest (3.6GB).

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

Sorry for it. The Guru is #8000000B and I got a requester for that saying Program failed, not the common red-flashing-box.

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

As stated above, the Guru message is #8000000B.

I really thinking about what chain said, but when I was partitioning the drive, I didn't change anything. I left the default options.

also some experience with strange erros

also some experience with strange erros

Totally agree with harrisson, had the most strange results with large partitions with 4 gb CF or large HD. By intuiten I figured the 1999MB partitions out.

The workbench 3.1 default tool did not do it's job good for the cf,used tools from aminet to get it going on my A1200. (even it is claimed to work...) (I believe there is a hdtoolbox update)

Ah and it got worse when you use it on an usb card reader together with winuae.

I could forget to partition it using winuae and format it and then put it back in the amiga :mad: : no go. (no boot)

First I had to do it in a real amiga, and then it was possible to add stuff in winuae without any problems.

Of course this leads to different "approache" probably seeing the cards in a different way. Some numbers will not be the same or so..

I really thinking about what chain said, but when I was partitioning the drive, I didn't change anything. I left the default options.

dunno what version of hdtoolbox did you use, but you can try to lower it to 1FE00

Usual reasons for 8000000B (Line-F trap):

- Max transfer
- Library or program that requires FPU (and using setup without FPU)
- Missing/wrong 68040/060 library if you have 68040+.

Back
Top Bottom