AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
136   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
Bari, Apulia
A friend of mine have a professional station (1800 euro) for reballing service. He repair Notebook and Amiga PPC based card. If you want to contact him for more info, please send me a PM.

Rino

Yes and today him fixed totally my Cyberstorm ppc 604e 150 this board was stopped fom 1999 when it start doing only black screen ...
He fixed th 68k Side and today finished total reballing the ppc.
Today 10/01/2013 the Cyberstormppc sn 051 start running os 4.0 after 14 years of totall inactivity!!
the great Rocco :)

Luigi

great news!
why not have him register here and let others know of this service?

I will ask him to do to this, but he his not a retro fun he his only a great hardware geek ;)
Soon I will post photos of my Cyberstormppc working :)

Hi Rocco :)

There is a PhotoBooth section so you can show to Community your work: I think very soon all dead CSPPC and BPPC will going in your hands for fixing ;)

Rino

---------- Post added at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

Yes and today him fixed totally my Cyberstorm ppc 604e 150 this board was stopped fom 1999 when it start doing only black screen ...
He fixed th 68k Side and today finished total reballing the ppc.
Today 10/01/2013 the Cyberstormppc sn 051 start running os 4.0 after 14 years of totall inactivity!!
the great Rocco :)

Luigi

Hi Gigi very happy to hear this :)

Rino

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

@Linears4 : I think is better if you introduce yourself in right section ;)

Cheers,

Rino

hi gigi, here i am... :D

Weeeee rocco welcome on Amibay:)
I forgot I changed the SIMM ram from the Cyberstormppc and turn on and Everything is working your job is perfect

Last edited:
just tried to post some pictures in photo boot section regard this kind of work, but, a message appears and dont allow me to post nothing

I've just approved that post, it's just a SPAM precaution on the forum. New members need to have made a minimum amount of posts before being able to add links and post pictures. You should be Ok now though.

oh, ok, thank you:)

---------- Post added at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was at 00:30 ----------

removing motorola ppc chip needs to preheat the whole board to 140 celsius degrees.

after that , you have to raise the top temperature on the chip at , at least ,235 degrees, and chip will start become loose from the board, with a suction pen now you can deteach the chip from the board.

for precautions, it is advised to cover sensitive devices during the process, with kapton tape, like capacitors, and an half portion of the socket, as you can see in the picture

yes, i m posting it..

as you can see in the first pics, solder pads on the board are clean and flat.

to obtain this result, we have to work after preheating again the board at 120 degrees, with soldering iron and copper braid, just to remove all solder balls from the board.

---------- Post added at 01:04 ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 ----------

---------- Post added at 01:27 ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 ----------

same process to reball the chip ... we have to clean the chip pads from the old solder...but on these kind of chips this step is very hard. to clean the chip from the old solder we have to preheat the chip itself, if failing to do so, no chance to remove the old solder,,,even with a good quality solder station.

i ve observed that these chips have an high thermal mass, so preheating before the cleaning process is a must.

nowadays bga chips are much much more easy to clean and reball...but also very very easy to damage it. these old fashion chips instead, are very strong, very difficult to damage by excessive heat during soldering process.

Nice :D

I'm going to get a BGA station soon too at my workplace (if the guy selling it actually picks up the phone...), and I have a dead BlizzardPPC at home to experiment upon.

Good to know that these kind of chips are hard to break, it'd be a shame to ruin them (y)

Good to have another repairer here :) hope I never need it, but's it's good to know where to find one :)

Now two good Roccos in Italy :D
Rocco Sifreddi and Rocco the reballer :D

Welcome to this forum!

Good to have another repairer here :) hope I never need it, but's it's good to know where to find one :)

Now two good Roccos in Italy :D
Rocco Sifreddi and Rocco the reballer :D

Welcome to this forum!

ahaha ... yup the great Rocco is here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom