A4000 Picasso96 settings for 1440x900

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Hi, any clues about P96 settings to run 1440x900 on my A4000D?

It depends on the card and the monitor.

Start by looking up the specs on your monitor, and look into P96Mode TNG.

Ok. I've managed to do it. For chunky mode though. I have to set a Hi-Color too.

Be very careful Phantom, or you could blow your monitor.
To be safe, you need to at least know your Minimum & Maximum Sync Range for the Monitor you are using. Pixel Clock can also be a great help.

You'll need to set a value for all Bit modes.

Kin

Blow my monitor? I think that it was true for older monitors, not new LCD ones. As far as I know new LCD monitors can handle that.

I saw a lot of "Out of Range" messages if you mean that of course.

Exactly with regard to the out of range Signal. Thats why you need to know the Monitors sync capabilities.

You could be right about LCD being safe, but on CRT, you could have so easily killed your Monitor by now. :nod:

Kin

Don't worry mate. I don't use CRT's anymore. Apart from that, your PicassoIV is doing a great job. (y)

Although setting a 1440x900x8 mode it was easy enough, I cannot set a HiColor or TrueColor mode. The clock seems to go no more than 85.91. Any ideas? Anyone with the same resolution to help me please? Also Interlace mode didn't seems to work.

Probably you hit the maximum throughput your video card can achieve in this particular resolution.

the picassoIV is just a 4MB videocard, you cannot have more than 256colors in 1440X900 ...
your 1440x900x8bit resolution consumes ~3.75MB of VRAM :) none left for more colors :p

No, it can't be that. I can see a resolution of 1400x900x16, but the fonts are a bit blur, nothing else. I just want to find exactly the settings to see fonts clearly.

are you sure the mode you have is NOT interlaced? IIRC, anything above 1280 is interlaced...

Yes. If I choose Interlace I always got an "Out of Range" message. But again, you said anything above 1280 is interlaced, so why not mine which is 1440?

I said IIRC you pasok lover! I remember I tried a 1280*1024 mode , and only interlaced worked in my case...
anyway, you cannot have a proper 1440*900*hi/truecolor screenmode with the pIV , you'd better settle with a 1152*864 mode or something... :p

Why I cannot have a proper HiColor with 1440x900? As I said earlier, screen is ok, colors are ok, only the fonts are a bit blur. I can't imagine that it cannot go further than this.

With Retina BLT Z3, I had to settle for 800*600 to get even hi-color.

dear pasok-lover Phantom , you fail to understand you are using a 4MB pci videocard with a CL-GD5446 chipset and an ancient ramdac... you just cannot have better results... even 1440*900 that you get is a miracle of some sorts :p

Oh... :Doh:

Anyway I'll try to lower the resolution as I can then.

you can use a 24bit 1280*1024 mode that is non-interlaced... you might get away with a 1366*768 mode , worths a try ...

Back
Top Bottom