PicassoIV scandoubler resolutions alignment

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
I've used 3 different LCD monitors on my A4000. All of them behaved differently when the scandoubler is used (games for example). All of them weren't centered on the screen, and the 3rd monitor says "Out of Range". Is there any settings that I have to change, or I have to reconfigure the low-resolutions via the Picasso96 Prefs again?

As explained to you earlier Phantom, you need to know the frequency range of the LCD you are using, in order to stop seeing the out of range warning on your screen. Not all Monitors/flat panels use the same minimum & maximum Hz values. ;)

If you do a bit of google research, I'm sure you'll find the relevant frequencies. Pixel clock Frequency is another good bit of info to have to hand.

Kin

remember that PAL games through the sd's standar settings produce a 50hz VGA signal. Maybe that is your problem with the off-centered screen, but you are also lucky because you have 2 monitors that support it :)
Holding SHIFT during boot, you can enter the PIV's menu, there are some sd/ff settings there that also show it's current screenmode settings... If your monitor can support a 100hz signal then thorugh p96mode set the PAL screenmode setting to 100hz - this will give you the normal amiga SMOOTH scrolling AND a vga compatible mode... (might worth trying a 75hz pal mode too...)

I did that. PAL is set on 50Hz and NTSC on 60Hz. I cannot change anything though, only through a program called "PicassoModeTNG".

Also "Interlaced capture enabled" is ticked.

so use PicassoModeTNG to change the PAL setting...

Any clues where to download that?

Thanks.

I've seen on other forums that people used Picasso96TNG program and not the normal Picasso96Prefs, to handle their resolutions. Is it easier then? Can I use that instead?

Strange and magic together. Playing a little with PicassoModeTNG program, it seems that everything is centered on the screen. :blink:

Anyway, I'm waiting for a tutorial lesson by Arnljot.

amiga is run by magic, that is a fact! that's why all kind of strange hardware glue together and work LOL

I'm setting up one of my Amiga4000s from scratch.

Today I have:
-Cursed as I'm trying to get an 8GB cf card to work
-Put the 4000 revB motherboard I bought from Skurk
-And which was fixed by Anthony
-Into a Desktop box (plain amiga 4000 box)
-With a PicassoIV
-Xsurf
-Prelude
-And a 75mhz 060 Cyberstorm Mk2

So far so good, booting with only mentioned hardware, and no storage everything seems like it's a-okay. It boots after a while and shows the KS3.1 screen (40.68)

The screen is a bit out of alignment on my LCD, and a banner says: "picture out of range", which is normal since this card is bought here on amibay and has not been tuned for this screen.

Things are looking promising Antonis my dear friend.

Appreciated my friend.

Are you selling this XSurf card you said? :roll:

Back
Top Bottom