akis

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Country
Hellas
Region
Thessaloniki
2.5'' to 2.5'' to 3.5'' IDE CABLE

Cable sockets are 2x 44-way female to 40-way female.

For usage with amigas' IDE port, CF adaptor and internal CDROM, all in the same line.

In need for 2 cables.

Thanks

He did already but no reply, I know it because the second cable goes for me. Hopping to get it to work on my 1200 with cd and hd connected on it.

Why not just get 4way IDE device?

I have one here you can have for £10 + shipping and can include IDE cables if you need.

maybe get this and a 44pin cf adapter and jae adapter

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_67&products_id=798

remember most slim cdroms can only be master

Thank you for the suggestion Johnim, I will look into that, but I would like a simpler approach with no adaptors, just a single flexible cable. As for slim CDRoms need to be master, I will look into that, if that's the case, then the whole project will halt.

Why not just get 4way IDE device?

I have one here you can have for £10 + shipping and can include IDE cables if you need.

Hi Steve, two problems a) I will probably need two fo them, b) and most serious, I believe the device will rise the IDE port connections to a degree that I won't be able to install the CDRom over the IDE device. I will have to look on that too and get back to you.
Cheers

I thought the A1200 ide port couldn't handle daisy chaining ide devices without a buffered interface?

Thank you for the suggestion Johnim, I will look into that, but I would like a simpler approach with no adaptors, just a single flexible cable. As for slim CDRoms need to be master, I will look into that, if that's the case, then the whole project will halt.

Regarding the slim cdrom as most of them are master but depending on the type can be flashed the firmware to be master. I have done this with this slim dvd :SBWS242SE

@fitszteeve
I would be interested also on the ide adapter if my friends above decline your offer.

I actually have ordered this from amigakit
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=194

But I do not know if they actually stock the item as i have not got any update on my order yet. It was available but now it is marked as "Stock expected". Will see what is going on with this and if akis would not take fitzsteve's cable I may return asking for it after checking it is a suitable one for my 1200, after all my order could already be on its way.

Regarding the slim cdrom being most of them master depending on the type can be flashed the firmware to be master. I have done this with this slim dvd :SBWS242SE

mine is an IBM CDROM drive UJDCD8734, needed to be slave since the CF card should be master, but updating the firmware is beyond my knowledge :)

Hi Countraven,

The adapter you liked was Elbox's 4 Way IDE solution, the EIDE deive. I own one and it works very well. I know Amigakit recent had a delivery of stock from Elbox so maybe some came in.

I don't think it offers any more than then normal 4Way IDE device other than supporting and being supplied with Elbox's CDFS software (allegro)

If Akis don't need my 4Way the for sure open a wanted thread and you can have it (y)

All the best,

Steve.

mine is an IBM CDROM drive UJDCD8734, needed to be slave since the CF card should be master, but updating the firmware is beyond my knowledge :)

I am afraid for the moment I cannot find something This code google identifies it for matsuchita but for this model in "The firmware page" there is nothing.
If I have more luck tommorow I will inform you.

No reply from amigakit !!!!! whats going on

if you can get them via their web site, on here or over at EAB I am sure they will beable to make up any lead you require

Matt, Fol where are you, come out, come out, Honest the world did`t end :blink:

-Acid- haveing 2 devices on the A1200s ide port works great without any buffering needed

flasing a cd/dvd drive is usly a case of running a windows program with the right file for your device, in other words its really easy todo if you have the right files

now if your CF adapter and your cd drive support cable select you might be able to config them with a slight mod to your cable

To use the cable select feature you need a special cable. Pin 28 of the IDE cable carries the CSEL signal. This signal is grounded at the motherboard side. The master connector has this pin connected so pin 28 is ground when a device is connected to it. The slave connector has an open circuit (no connection) on this pin.

food for thought

personally I dont see the point of putting a cd/dvd drive in an A1200, though the advantage of changing a disk without powering down is the only plus I can see. I think adding an extra cf or sd adapter is much more convient for moving files or useing as extra HDD space.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom