Closed amstrad cpc 464 64k computer ( untested )

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisunderwood

Banned
Rating - 98.2%
54   1   0
Country
England
Region
County durham
amstrad cpc 464 64k computer

plugged a universal power pack in and the light cxame on , this is all i know what to do with it , dont have any wires supplied with it , it has been stored in a attic for years.

£15 + postage , paypal fees paid.

Attachments

• IMG_2069.jpg
    IMG_2069.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Sorry, I just have to ask: why do all the buttons appear white in the photo, except 'backspace'? There are other green buttons which appear white (or grey), red buttons, blue button, all white.
Is this some weird version of the 464, are they painted over or what?

Sorry, I just have to ask: why do all the buttons appear white in the photo, except 'backspace'? There are other green buttons which appear white (or grey), red buttons, blue button, all white.
Is this some weird version of the 464, are they painted over or what?

The keys on these models can become faded, not sure if it's sun or the plastic reacting with air, but I've had some models that stay perfect and others which become discoloured

Ha , it's the flash on the camera !

The white keys are grey . Don't think anything is faded really .

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

Not sure? There is no red or blue buttons ! Just 1 green . Rest are grey or black!

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

After checking the net for info iv found there was a few different model differences . Mine has the original type keyboard made by Schneider CPC464:
This had the Schneider logo followed by "64k Colour Personal Computer <<CPC464>>" printed on the keyboard.
The keyboard did not have green and red keys, instead these were coloured light brown/grey.
But mine says amstrad ...

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

May be worth a read up! As far as I know it's just an amstrad computer .
To someone with more knowlage about them it may be an interesting peice.

Yeah, I posted twice before you did the edit, saying that, but apparently my posts now need to be approved.
Let's try again:
ht tp: // amstrad.cpc.free.fr / amstrad / cpc464_e . htm
It looks like someone changed the keyboard and then lost the 'DEL' keycap.
Or, it's a Schneider underneath, with the top cover of an Amstrad.

I've been trying to make a post for hours. Apparently, when I include a link, it has to be approved by some moderator, and noone cares to approve.
Anyway, I've found these pictures:
a464.jpg

s464.jpg

So, either someone changed the keyboard of an Amstrad with one from a Schneider, or the cover (or metal tag) of a Schneider with an Amstrad one and then lost the 'DEL' key cap.
Who knows.

LOL, sorry. I haven't noticed. It's been a while since I did my moderation duties here. So I'm quite rusty. Please forgive me :p

On closer inspection, the most probable explanation is that your CPC is a Schneider. Notice how the datacorder lid and schematic is grey on the Schneider, but coloured (orange and green) on the Amstrad.
Taking into account that the datacorder keys are separate from the keyboard, too, it's much more probable now that someone just changed the top metal tag on a Schneider. And lost the 'DEL' key so he replaced it with an Amstrad green.
The only thing that bothers me is that those metal tags are very easy to bend out of shape by trying to remove them (they're glued), so I can only surmise that the owner was either lucky enough to find one whose glue dried off and fell off easily. In any case, one of the metal tags is a transplant; either the top one or the one between the datacorder lid and buttons.
I guess the only way to be sure is to look inside the computer and see what's printed on the PCB.

Incidentally, what's the postage and fees in total, for shipping to West Yorkshire?

Total call it £19 via courier would be the easiest,

No idea about its original owner or anything about it, it was bought in a mixed lot a long time ago . Sure someone can put a bit life back into it .

If I had any idea about them I'd open it up and look at the motherboard to see model number ect but I'l leave that to the buyer. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom