PNG icons under AmigaOS 3.9

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
PowerIcons patch is great, although it needs a Hi/True Color resolution.

I've tested Ken's Dual PNG icons, and they work, even in 8bit mode, but they are very slooooow.... (even if the PowerIcons patch is enabled or not).

Is that normal? PNG icons can be different? Also using Scalos which supports PNG icons, will be much faster or the same?

PNG icons are rendered by the CPU in FAST RAM. Having a good CPU (060 or PPC) will help.

I think you need a gfx card too (which you do have Phantom) or else chipram has to be used...

maybe the fact that phantom uses a fairly high resolution on his picassoIV just cripples performance...
I used png icons with my csppc+grex4000/voodoo3 setup, and there was no noticable speed difference... but only 1024*768/16bit resolution...

The thing that I'm trying to say, is how Ken's 32bit Dual PNG icons can appear on my Workbench without the PowerIcons patch!!!... and even in 8bit depth.

PowerIcons needs 16bit and more color depth, and those icons (in the archive) are much faster...

The thing that I'm trying to say, is how Ken's 32bit Dual PNG icons can appear on my Workbench without the PowerIcons patch!!!... and even in 8bit depth.

PowerIcons needs 16bit and more color depth, and those icons (in the archive) are much faster...

Are you running afa?

No. I tried several times in the past without success. :(

Just thought it could be that...

What does the info look like on those icons? Couldn't be that there is redundant newicons too there?

Those PNG icons being downloaded from Ken's site (FiveStar). I'll try Scalos which supports PNG icons to see.

Back
Top Bottom