Amiga4000T mouse and joystick problem

Commodoriano

Country
Spain
The keyboard ,joystick & mouse of my Amiga 4000T don´t response. The joystick and mouse buttons yes, but the movement or keys not.

:-(

some solution?

heeeelp

thanks

Last edited:
A typical source for this Kind of problems are blown CIA chips.

is possible repair ?

Yes, but they are probably surface mounted, meaning not a job for the faint hearted. It's do-able if you have the rework soldering tools & skills required for such a task. Better still is to mount PLCC type Sockets & then push new CIA's in.

Kin

ho

ho

Had probs with one mouse button, cleaning it with some special electronic cleaning spray just fixed that. (the db9 )

But eh, if you have more than one prob with input then I am afraid that I would believe the other posters good advise (y)

Or the machine should have been not in use for some time, like mine I bought it from someone who had it stored a couple of years:whistle:

You could have a look & see if the CIA's are already socketed. Ground yourself & firmly press them down if they are.

Kin

Do you regulary swap Mice & Joysticks while the Amiga Is on?

Don't. - Do not plug anything in or out of your Amiga when powered on. Serial/Parallel are the same, even SCSI.

Worst offending devices have a metal surround on the male side of the port in question. One little spark & it's game over. ;)

Kin

I had this same problem with my A4000D. The mouse worked fine but the Joystick wouldn't track vertically. I had the CIAs replaced by suggestion and the problem didn't clear up. So I had the ports replaced. Didn't work. Then the Motherboard died. I don't want to scare you but that is what happened to me. Like others are saying though, replace the CIA's first and see if that fixes the issue. I wish you the best of luck!

I've got personal experience with both AmigaFrance and Anthony in NZ.

AmigaFrance I bought some Agni from. Okay service, but some people have been complaining lately.

Anthony is frist class. No hassle and no negative reviews. What ever is wrong with your motherboard, he will find it out. And if it's CIAs, I'm sure he will socket them for you and replace them. Atleast I know he has to working CIAs as I left a dead A4000k mobo with him for parts.

I cannot stress enough the quality of his work, and how competent and reliable he is.

Back
Top Bottom