Interference

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hi all, just wondering if some of you may be able to help me out.

I purchased a guitar hero 3 set from Acid for the PS3 but am having issues with it. It seems the connection between the guitar and wireless receiver maybe suffering some form of interference.

Basically the guitar will connect to the dongle and assign itself as controller 2 but the 4 lights on the guitar continue to flash and the connection is very intermittent in that while trying to scroll through menus maybe 1 in every 10 presses of the direction button is registered and trying to select anything again requires multiple presses of the buttons. To rule problems with the guitar or dongle i went to my sisters and grabbed her guitar set (aerosmith kit but dongle and guitar have same model numbers) which acts in the exact same way however both guitars work fine in her house.

I have also tried connecting the guitars to my laptop and Windows 7 installs drivers. Then from the control panel i can go to controllers and the test page and again button presses only register 1 in around 5 or 6 presses.

I have tried switching off my router, nas box, homeplugs, mobile phones, cordless home phones but still the same problem. Also tried brand new batteries but still the same problem.

Anyone have any other recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom