Closed Panasonic 3D0 Pal/NTSC

Status
Not open for further replies.
good luck, i've had a wanted ad for one since xmas!

BTW Its in the wrong section so you will need either tons of luck or a mod!

have you tried local classified ads, i've seen two in the last 3 months appear on gumtree in leeds

I'd personally advise against the Goldstar model as some had issues with a few games (can't remember which model number though). It's also better to get an NTSC version as the PAL models have huge borders and games are slow in comparison.

The original Panasonic 3DO FZ-1 would be a nice choice :)

...and be prepared to play a hefty postage amount, that thing weights a ton!

I'd personally advise against the Goldstar model as some had issues with a few games (can't remember which model number though). It's also better to get an NTSC version as the PAL models have huge borders and games are slow in comparison.

The one for sale is a 120w goldstar, so that would be NTSC wouldn't it?

I thought the insides were basically the same? Just different producers?

The one for sale is a 120w goldstar, so that would be NTSC wouldn't it?

I thought the insides were basically the same? Just different producers?

The 120V model is most likely a US NTSC machine which is fine. All 3DO consoles are multi region so you can play PAL games at full speed and full screen on an NTSC machine (unless it's a PAL optimised game, but i think only a couple of titles exist).

Goldstar 3DO Interactive Multiplayer (South Korea, North America and Europe) — The Goldstar GDO-101M unit, released a year after the FZ-1, is similar in physical appearance to the Panasonic model. However, due to hardware differences and file processing limitations, incompatibilities with some games were reported.

...Also, the Goldstar 3DO console i owned didn't have an s-video port... It just had crappy composite. The US/Jap models should have an s-video port for superior image quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom