Swapped Pentium III CPU for cosmicfrog...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerpie5000

Hardware Junkie™
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
This is a swap thread for myself and cosmicfrog. We're swapping a PIII 650 and a PIII 850 CPU (slot-1). I'll get some photos uploaded tomorrow after i remove the CPU from it's current system (y)

Attachments

• 100_0960.jpg
    100_0960.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0968.jpg
    100_0968.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0965.jpg
    100_0965.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Uploaded a few pics... Not sure why a couple have a yellow tint though :unsure:

hehehe just wrapped the 850 up read for post in the morning :)

glad it was the 850 as the 800 has the plastic lugs through to hole heatsink on and I prob weaken/destroy em if had to remove heatsink. Not that it matters as got lots of spares, must have 10 -15 slot 1 cpus

hehehe just wrapped the 850 up read for post in the morning :)

glad it was the 850 as the 800 has the plastic lugs through to hole heatsink on and I prob weaken/destroy em if had to remove heatsink. Not that it matters as got lots of spares, must have 10 -15 slot 1 cpus

All i need now is your postal address so i can get your CPU sent out tomorrow (y).

The lugs/legs are actually attached to the dual fan heatsink i'm going to be using (i think they're metal on mine and can't be removed from the actual heatsink).

PIII 850 from cosmicfrog arrived today and it's working nicely alongside a good old Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS Pro (One of the better GF2 cards with good 2D quality, unlike most ;)).

Leaving feedback now, Cheers (y)

thats good to hear :D

oh the yellow on your pics is the old filament bulbs you sued for lighting

oh the yellow on your pics is the old filament bulbs you sued for lighting

I use those energy saving coil bulbs... It's actually very bright in that room so i'm guessing my old camera is going a bit funny :roll:. The second photo showing the chip looks normal compared to the other two.

I just looked at the subject line for this thread:

Swapped Pentium III CPU for cosmicfrog...

...and had a giggling fit!

So, who got the better deal? I've got some Pentium IIIs, can I swap one for a cosmicfrog? :LOL:

yay one day, one day
knew it was some1 but forgotten who hehehehehe

So, who got the better deal? I've got some Pentium IIIs, can I swap one for a cosmicfrog? :LOL:

How did i not notice that :Doh::oops:... I don't think my board has the right bios or voltage regulators to handle a cosmicfrog :D.

How did i not notice that :Doh::oops:... I don't think my board has the right bios or voltage regulators to handle a cosmicfrog :D.

Now I'm left wondering what voltages are required for a cosmicfrog! :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom