Replacing Phono sockets in A500

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
A friend wishes to replace the phono sockets on his A500 motherboard. The stereo and composite ports.

Where can he get phono sockets that will fit?

He did send me a picture, which I've attached.

Personally I don't see why they need replacing, but he is trying to make the A500 like new.

Attachments

• A500_phono_sockets.jpg
    A500_phono_sockets.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 0
He has looked, but doesn't think they will fit due to the long length of the connectors on the original sockets where they connect to the motherboard. Although surely he could just modify them.

@Harrison

He will not find atleast in any store these particular components. His best bet would be to repair them.

Also there is NO composite on an A500, just left and right Audio.

I meant the B/W output. Something I've never seen the point in why the A500 had.

@Harrison

He will not find atleast in any store these particular components. His best bet would be to repair them.

Also there is NO composite on an A500, just left and right Audio.

Yes there is.

Monochrome composite.. (Well, that's probably not a valid combination, but it's an RCA) I was using it until I got my A520.
Pretty sharp monochrome, but for games, I prefer blurry color. :)

(At least until amigamaniac get his 2nd run, which is close now!!! )

desiv

p.s. Sorry, I see Harrison replied already.. Now, you'll see that he replied quite a bit before I did. But I STARTED to reply first. Then I had to do some work (it keeps getting in the way), and THEN I replied.. :-(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom