SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
I'd like to get a PS1 or PSX mod chip. I would also be interested in some sort of flash memory based MOD for either system, but I don't know if there even is such a thing. :)

Thanks!

Heather

I'd like to get a PS1 or PSX mod chip. I would also be interested in some sort of flash memory based MOD for either system, but I don't know if there even is such a thing. :)

Thanks!

Heather

There is an SD reader in development, but you'll need an early revision PSX with the parallel port. Don't think it's actually in production yet.

really? ooooooohhhhhhhhhh weeeeeeeeee i still have my spch 1002 psx :D

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

you should ask TheCorfiot he's the man

QOUOTE=SkydivinGirl;417164]I'd like to get a PS1 or PSX mod chip. I would also be interested in some sort of flash memory based MOD for either system, but I don't know if there even is such a thing. :)

Thanks!

Heather[/QUOTE]

These days one can make his own psx/ps1 modchip, all you need is a PIC and a programmer for it...
edit: TC to the rescue! :)

That's good news !

I have been scouring the nets for one but can't find any :(

With this info I might be able to find someone to program one (y)

I'm no expert sadly having never actually installed one i just knew they were available :LOL:

However i'd say you'd need to purchase the NTSC chip if its being fitted to an NTSC console.

There is a thread on RacketBoy that the guy says he used to install those type of chips and they booted imports fine, you just need the same region modchip as your console.

Again though, i'm no expert so you might want to wait for someone more experienced to chime in :)

Bas is helping me out. I'll definitely keep my eye on the Flash version that will be coming out soon. (y)

Thanks everyone!

Heather

That should work, I see an NTSC version and a PAL version .. is it as simple as installing the PAL version in an NTSC model to be able to play PAL games? Or is more hackery involved?

http://www.eurasia.nu/shop/product_info.php?cPath=52&products_id=278

The MM3 hex firmware is available in 3 versions.
For EU, USA and JP...

I will be sending SDG some USA programmed chips, although I can't test them as I don't have a US bios PS1 I can't see why they wouldnt work as the code is now quite well established...

TC :)

The chips arrived a couple days ago. Thanks Bas! I'm going to leave feedback now.

:inlove:

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom