Amiga enthusiast!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK
Hi all,

I'm after a GVP A530, preferably with some RAM in it, but not a problem if it doesn't

Must be working and have the PSU

Thank you
woody.cool

EDIT: Changed titled, I'm now after ANY CPU upgrade, a GVP A530 is preferable, but not 100% necessary so will take any 68030 accellerator/CPU upgrade for the A500/A500+

EDIT #2: Well, I thought I had, but it hasn't worked ..... how can I change the thread title?

Last edited:
BUMP :woot:

Well, it's been over a month, and no replies ...... no GVP A530s (or similar) around?

I edited the thread's title for ya. Hope that helps a bit. Good luck in your search.

I have one, 4MB RAM and works well.

Couple of issues though:

1. The top cover was missing when I got it. I have a cover from an Impact II, same one with different stickers. (You can read the story, and see a pic of the cover in Photon's Amibay thread here.)

2. I only have a USA power supply, and shipping to the UK might be ridiculous.

Based on a little research, I was figuring around US $200 due to the cover issue. It doesn't have a 68882 (was an extra option) but I could add one for a few bones, heck for free even.

Based on a little research, I was figuring around US $200 due to the cover issue. It doesn't have a 68882 (was an extra option) but I could add one for a few bones, heck for free even.
DAMN! :eek:
That's a bit beyond my budget tbh, maybe I'm being a bit too hopeful in the fact that I'd get one a bit cheaper.

@Damion

if you ever want to trade / swap or part ex that GVP530 for anything specific, just let me know =D

@woodycool

...maybe I'm being a bit too hopeful in the fact that I'd get one a bit cheaper.
Not at all, you may very well find a better deal, and hopefully closer to home. (Correct power supply, non-:censored: shipping, etc.)

@Zetr0

Definitely, will do! :pint: I'm generally open to trades, though ideally I was hoping to flog it and buy a Deneb. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

The 68882 might have been optional, but there was nothing stopping you from putting a full spec 030, that had the 68882 and MMU on the same chip.

There is one Mega Midget Racer for auction on US of A evilbay. I don't hope that one will go cheap, either.:(

The 68882 might have been optional, but there was nothing stopping you from putting a full spec 030, that had the 68882 and MMU on the same chip.

Hiyas witeb,

There are only 2 main cores of the 68030 -

• The MMU equiped MC68030
  • The MMU removed MC68EC030

The 68882 FPU is an independent FPU processor, it was never made as an internal component. Only the 040 and 060 have an internal FPU, although based on the 68882 die, its distincly different to warrent a better maths library to use it.

Have a google for HSMaths =)

@woodycool

have a chat with paul_s over at amiga.org, I heard he was thinking of selling his A530

Hiyas witeb,

There are only 2 main cores of the 68030 -

• The MMU equiped MC68030
  • The MMU removed MC68EC030

The 68882 FPU is an independent FPU processor, it was never made as an internal component. Only the 040 and 060 have an internal FPU, although based on the 68882 die, its distincly different to warrent a better maths library to use it.

Have a google for HSMaths =)

@woodycool

have a chat with paul_s over at amiga.org, I heard he was thinking of selling his A530
Will do, cheers Zetro!
Also, any news of these A608s?

Amiga 500 GVP-A530

Amiga 500 GVP-A530

DAMN! :eek:
That's a bit beyond my budget tbh, maybe I'm being a bit too hopeful in the fact that I'd get one a bit cheaper.

I bought my 500 back in 88. I ended up spending about 3000 dollars on the entire setup when I was done. Its been so long now, and Ive been building PC computers for so long, that I dont remember the names of the things I did to the Amiga. I bought the GVP A-530 with RAM for 800 bucks in 1990 and that was a LOT of money for a one meg hard drive! The disks I bought were a dollar a piece for blanks, and I remember trying to sell the whole thing for 100 bucks and couldnt. So I hung on to it, and kept everything nice so that one day it would be worth some money again. Shipping costs now are pretty costly, but I guess you can take a video of it working before you ship and insure it, and it they break it during shipping, then its on them. I bought every darn thing you could think of for that amiga 500. Pal mode switcher thing, I think that is the one I had to cut a trace on the motherboard and soldier in a new chip? You press down on the spacebar and hold it, the computer makes a noise, and switches rom chips inside? I dont even remember its been so long. I saw on the USA ebay site where people wanted 300 for the GVP-A530 and about 200 for a stock 500. I would be willing to let my whole setup go for 350 and you pay shipping. The monitor is too heavy to ship, but I would throw that into the deal as well.

I've got a 68030 turboboard for A500. It's without Ram. Paid 250€ for it 6 months ago. And I want to go as near as possible to my expense.

So if it's of interest just PM me. Cheers

I've got a 68030 turboboard for A500. It's without Ram. Paid 250€ for it 6 months ago. And I want to go as near as possible to my expense.

So if it's of interest just PM me. Cheers
At the moment, that's more than I can budget for ..... maybe my budget isn't gonna get me one (by the look of things)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom