PDA

View Full Version : Everdrive Group Buy - Spring 2013 - ORDERS CLOSED

Pages : [1] 2 3

r0jaws
9th February 2013, 09:11
Guys, I will be organising a Group Buy around the time of the release of the new NES cart from Krikzz.
If you would like any Everdrive from the range please register your interest here and I will start compiling up the order.
This will be in collaboration with the guys from Jamma+ and Retro-Gamer, DPrinny and I will be working together to try and get the best possible discount.
Have a look at what's available HERE (http://krikzz.com/) on Krikzz's website.
I will contact Krikzz in the next few days to let him know of our intentions and to see if we can thrash out the discount and will update the thread as required.

Prices as quoted by Igor in USD ($)

EDN8: $85
ED64: $80
MEga-ed: $107
sd2snes: $155
all other carts: $60 (SNES, Turbo, MD, Master)
USB addons to carts where applicable: +$15

There are no shells with these boards. They are the PCB only, you will have to provide your own shell.

Order:

Amibay
BLUE highlighted names are payment confirmed. You may still be contacted about outstanding balances or other issues.

EDN8 NES ($85) - -Acid-, McVenco, bobpard, jamma, uunek, fryguy dr.wario, Vyothric
EDN8 Famicom ($85) - slk486, keropi, aerisdead, dr_wH0, gtsamour, ikduncan, thgill, dr.wario, showbiz
Super Everdrive ($60) - mmora, BrooksterMax, Sir_Beaker, torm3nt8r, ahmose
SD2SNES ($155) - diskers, jaymzwise, Playsoft, ikduncan, thgill, uunek, jamma, showbiz
Everdrive MD ($60) - Dam
Mega Everdrive ($107) - limboy777, -Acid-, Harrison, kipper2k, pluto63, thgill, tachi
Everdrive 64 PAL ($80) - AtariJay, bobpard, kipper2k, Trapshot, Sir_Beaker, ahmose
Turbo Everdrive ($60) - r0jaws, zetr0, SaviourX, wmsteele, Sir_Beaker, ahmose, dr.wario, Dam, -Acid-, fatbob_gb
Master Everdrive ($60) - gamegirlmicro
Everdrive GG ($60) - gamegirlmicro, wmsteele

Jamma+
NES - dbloke, noz1380, masterturk
Super Everdrive - vib_ribbon, dbloke, SamusAran, Hammer, CollinD, noz1380, sjbaines, jonnyturbo, dsyde
Everdrive MD - cosine, CollinD, Gamesmonkey, vib_ribbon, Iremfan, Konami79, mes83, daz125, dbloke
E64 - Mes83, iddod, Beaps
Turbo Everdrive - TheGecko, Felgekarp, Konami79
Famicom - virtvic, vib_ribbon
SD2SNES - U72
Mega everdrive - Ash
Master Everdrive - dbloke

NO PAYMENT RECEIVED.

Mega Everdrive ($107) - jb1014, mancity12, af1
Everdrive GG+USB ($75) - buster11
Super Everdrive - Jamma+ Solar, river9999uk
Everdrive MD - Jamma+ Kayamon
Turbo Everdrive - Jamma+2D.Tron
Famicom - Jamma+ river9999ukLast Order Date: 23 March
Last Payment Date: 07 April

Please note, about final delivery
I am happy to act as the intermediary and will do my best to ensure that every transaction goes smoothly, however I am not going to accept responsibility for loss or damage on any cards.
Potentially, totting up the total amount of equipment being purchased, there will be upto $8000 being spent, and I cannot afford to re-imburse people for loss or damage for all that.
If you are at all concerned, then you will have to ask for, and pay for, enhanced protection and insurance.
However, I will provide a proof of postage on request, all cards will be wrapped in new bubble wrap, in unused jiffy bags and should anything go wrong I will co-operate fully with any postal investigation to assist in recovery of your purchases, or for an insurance claim.

I am expecting Standard first class and Airmail delivery to cost, including the packaging...
UK 3.00
EU 4.70
Worldwide Variable, eg Brazil 7.50

Payment, how it will work.
Basically everyone will be giving me their payments and I will forward this in one large payment to Igor. However, I will not be taking any money until after 23 March, and only from those who have confirmed their order. Once I have all the cash (last payment date 07 April) I will pay Igor. Those who haven't paid by this date will have their order cancelled.
Preferred Payment is via PayPal, but if you have difficulty using PayPal, please contact me well before to sort out an alternative.
Please all note, that I won't accept fees as I would have to make up the difference myself, and that will add up pretty quickly. Can anyone who pays using the options that involve paying fees can they allow at least 7 Days before the final cut-off date. For example, the final date for Payment would be 31st March in order for payment to be cleared by 07th April.
Also, as Igor has stated all prices in USD $, the I will want payments for the cards themselves in USD $
Payment for the postage on towards you, after the boards arrive at my house, will be in GBP

Pickup
Local pickup/ drop off is absolutely fine.

Keeping you in the loop.
What I will do at each stage is, send a PM to those involved explaining the next step, and exactly what I expect from them, in terms of information, or cash.

slk486
9th February 2013, 10:05
First!

Oh, I mean Famicom Everdrive for, please.

mmora
9th February 2013, 10:47
@r0jaws, do you know the average price for one of this cartidges? I might be interested in a few - even more if we are able to get a discount! :cool:

r0jaws
9th February 2013, 11:11
Once we get a few numbers up we'll be able to firm up the prices.
But have a look here for how much they go for in USD Stone Age Gamer (http://stoneagegamer.com/everdrive_carts.aspx)

We should be able to get between 15-20% discount if we order 10+ units. Obviously that will all be down to how many we can rustle up and what our negotiation skills are like. ;)

keropi
9th February 2013, 12:01
write me up for the Famicom ED :)
I will close my other thread and leave a redirection to this one

limboy777
9th February 2013, 12:25
I am interested in a Mega Everdrive although I would prefer a case with nice label etc.

I will put up a wanted add in the meantime for one but put me down for one.

mmora
9th February 2013, 13:46
Then, for now, count me in for:

mmora - Super Everdrive

Keep us updated and :thanks:!

Zetr0
9th February 2013, 15:15
I would be most interested in the N64 everdrive - pending price =)

I am sure that AtariJay would be interested too

-Acid-
9th February 2013, 18:15
I could be interested in a Mega Everdrive and a NES Everdrive depending on cost and finances at the time.

retrofire
9th February 2013, 18:31
Although new to the forum and only just getting back into gaming, I shall keep an eye on this to see where it goes.

McVenco
9th February 2013, 18:45
You can put my name down for a NES Everdrive :thumbsup:

aerisdead
9th February 2013, 18:54
Famicom Everdrive, please!

pheonixace
10th February 2013, 00:00
interested in a snes everdrive depending on the price does anyone know how much?:p

-Acid-
10th February 2013, 00:26
interested in a snes everdrive depending on the price does anyone know how much?:p
$79 minus whatever discount we get for the bulk order.

http://shop.retrogate.com/

Site says $60 if 10 or more are ordered but I don't know how that will work since this order will be various quantities of all everdrives.

Harrison
10th February 2013, 19:43
Put me down for a Mega Everdrive please.

pheonixace
10th February 2013, 21:32
ok who is responsible for the monies? and when is the exact date you guys are buying?

Site says $60 if 10 or more are ordered but I don't know how that will work since this order will be various quantities of all everdrives.

BrooksterMax
10th February 2013, 21:36
Hi r0jaws I'll be in for a SNES everdrive on this group buy :thumbsup:

pheonixace
10th February 2013, 21:44
Erm it says 199.99 dollars for the Snes everdrive dunno if i am looking at the wrong item.. can you help me out lol

r0jaws
10th February 2013, 21:57
ok who is responsible for the monies? and when is the exact date you guys are buying?

What will happen is that I will wait a while for everyone who maybe interested in this to say so, once I have a better idea of exactly how many units we will order I will contact Krikzz and sort out the actual discounts and shipping quote. I will then contact everyone and ask for payment for the unit to my PayPal.
Once that has been done, I will finalise the order and pay Krikzz. He will ship the units to me, I will then contact everyone to say they have arrived and arrange shipping to each member.
At the moment, the exact date is, whenever Krikzz announces the release of the NES Everdrive.

Also, you were looking at the SD2SNES, that's $190, the card you probably want is the Super Everdrive (http://shop.retrogate.com/Super-Everdrive-SED.htm), that's $79 without discount.

pheonixace
10th February 2013, 23:02
ok man thanks for the information do you know if they surport large size SD card's or Micro Sd cards with adapters? there isn't much information regarding memory size

What will happen is that I will wait a while for everyone who maybe interested in this to say so, once I have a better idea of exactly how many units we will order I will contact Krikzz and sort out the actual discounts and shipping quote. I will then contact everyone and ask for payment for the unit to my PayPal.
Once that has been done, I will finalise the order and pay Krikzz. He will ship the units to me, I will then contact everyone to say they have arrived and arrange shipping to each member.
At the moment, the exact date is, whenever Krikzz announces the release of the NES Everdrive.

Also, you were looking at the SD2SNES, that's $190, the card you probably want is the Super Everdrive (http://shop.retrogate.com/Super-Everdrive-SED.htm), that's $79 without discount.

keropi
10th February 2013, 23:22
ok man thanks for the information do you know if they surport large size SD card's or Micro Sd cards with adapters? there isn't much information regarding memory size

see here: http://krikzz.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51
basically it supports SD/MMC cards up to 32GB , via adapters or not :)

r0jaws
10th February 2013, 23:23
I have a super Everdrive with a 4Gb SD card in it. How big are you looking at? I can test it with a micro SD and adapter if you like. I'm sure it works with those as I believe I used one in the past and have one in my Mega Everdrive.

Keropi has answered you much more effectively than I could, cheers chap. :)

pheonixace
10th February 2013, 23:34
Thanks boys my mind is satisfied so the 200 dollar one has all the special lockout chips inside right? i don't know the chip names

r0jaws
10th February 2013, 23:45
I haven't really looked at it, but you might be referring to the DSP chips. I'm not sure TBH, I'd have to look at it and have a read.

pheonixace
10th February 2013, 23:58
Yes apparently it's called sd2snes correct me if am wrong :cool:

keropi
11th February 2013, 00:17
the sd2snes is a completelly different cart.. it's more expensive but it has a huge fpga chip that can emulate the extra cpus used in some games... ikari_01 is working on the SuperFX impementation and next would be SA-1 hopefully... after that only 2 japanese strategy games will not work on the cart that use some custom ARM cpu to calculate AI

-Acid-
11th February 2013, 00:18
Cx4 chip is emulated too? what about the special chip in F1 ROC II (Seta's own chip it was only used in one game I think)?

pheonixace
11th February 2013, 00:20
i see to honest with me do you think its a worthy investment? since they are making so many iterations just for a few roms's i may aswell buy the everdrive and buy the the ones that's not supported as original carts

-Acid-
11th February 2013, 00:27
i see to honest with me do you think its a worthy investment? since they are making so many iterations just for a few roms's i may aswell buy the everdrive and buy the the ones that's not supported as original carts
There is not many games that need special chips that are worth playing. You could get a DSP chip soldered in and Mario Kart and Pilot Wings would work, just leaves Super FX and SA1 really. Cx4 is for Megaman X2 and 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_NES_enhancement_chips

pheonixace
11th February 2013, 01:03
Okay acid thanks for that info my knowledge is limited on the 16bit era :D
so its safe to assume to those Chip's you mentioned can be soldiered onto the everdrive PCB? so where could one find these chips are they still in production?

-Acid-
11th February 2013, 01:13
Okay acid thanks for that info my knowledge is limited on the 16bit era :D
so its safe to assume to those Chip's you mentioned can be soldiered onto the everdrive PCB? so where could one find these chips are they still in production?
Only the DSP can be soldered onto a Super Everdrive board. To get one just buy a used copy of Mario Kart or Pilot Wings and desolder it from the board. Obviously you will need to be handy with a soldering iron or i'm sure someone around here would do it for you for some beer money (i'm sure you used to be able to buy the board with it already on as an extra when he first released it).

pheonixace
11th February 2013, 01:21
i am sure, i need to start practicing how to soldier when i move out (living with parents still) so i have enough space and air flow for the fumes Thanks a bunch acid

keropi
11th February 2013, 01:29
Cx4 chip is emulated too? what about the special chip in F1 ROC II (Seta's own chip it was only used in one game I think)?

Yes, they work perfect ... here is what is supported atm and being worked on:

Implemented:
BS-X memory map / Satellaview base unit registers (clock)
DSP1 / 1b
DSP2
DSP3
DSP4
ST-010
Cx4
MSU1
S-RTC

Work in progress
GSU-1/2 (SuperFX)

To Do:
Action Replay/Game Genie code support
SPC7110 with the Far East of Eden Zero translation patch in the works it would be a shame not to support it.
S-DD1
??? (you name it)

To be determined:
SA1

Unlikely:
ST-011
requires 54kB of Block RAM; the FPGA only provides 36kB of Block RAM.
ST-018
ARMv3 core with 128kB of embedded program ROM, 32kB data ROM 16kB RAM. Most likely out of reach for the FPGA.
OBC-1
Simple bit-manipulating chip as OAM accelerator for one game. Implementation is almost a no-brainer but Im not interested right now.

deksar
11th February 2013, 05:04
Interested in buying a Mega Everdrive with a shell/case.
Thanks.

r0jaws
11th February 2013, 07:52
Thanks for your interest Deksar, but I need to point out that these are just the boards, without a case or any packaging.
You can fit your own case, with a little modification, or you could ask on here if someone would be willing to mod a case for you. For the Mega it requires a slot to be cut in the top for the SD Card and a hole to be drilled for the SMS pause button.

dR_wH0
11th February 2013, 08:51
Famicom for me ofc!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

DonAmiga
11th February 2013, 11:02
You can put me down for the Nes :) Thanks

af1
11th February 2013, 14:33
im interested in a mega everdrive if it can play mega cds

keropi
11th February 2013, 14:34

nope, the megaCD is more than just a cdrom drive, the MEGA-ED cannot play cds

af1
11th February 2013, 15:42
Ahh that's a pain :(

DBloke
11th February 2013, 23:52
A rare appearance from me (DPrinny)
Jamma+ ones on ordr so far
Master system - DPrinny
NES - DPrinny
Super Everdrive - vib_ribbon, Solar, (Im a maybe regrading finances)
Mega Everdrive - Ash, cosine
E64 - Mes83 (UK with the chip)

nope, the megaCD is more than just a cdrom drive, the MEGA-ED cannot play cds

But it can be used as a region bios hack to fool the MCD into thinking its Japanese

bobpard
12th February 2013, 21:03
interested in an N64 everdrive and Nes ones (dependant upon price really) any ideas as to what they may be?

r0jaws
12th February 2013, 23:28
We've got a few carts here so I'll be in touch with Krikzz in the next day or two and see what he has to say and I'll get back with some firmer quotes.

Zetr0
12th February 2013, 23:35
interested in an N64 everdrive and Nes ones (dependant upon price really) any ideas as to what they may be?

I am interested in the N64 cart as well - if not mistaken we have to add a CIC chip ? (PAL / NTSC) - if this is so, and if r0jaws doesn't mind I can upgrade bother our carts with the appropriate CIC chips (these are salvaged from N64 Carts)

-Acid-
12th February 2013, 23:39

I am interested in the N64 cart as well - if not mistaken we have to add a CIC chip ? (PAL / NTSC) - if this is so, and if r0jaws doesn't mind I can upgrade bother our carts with the appropriate CIC chips (these are salvaged from N64 Carts)
You can buy it with a CIC already installed to save you doing it yourself. Not sure how much less they cost if you get it without one though.

@Bobpard N64 ED is $99 with no discount (not sure that includes a CIC but I think it does)

DBloke
13th February 2013, 02:45
Current other sites standings
Jamma+
NES - Me
Super Everdrive - vib_ribbon, Solar, Me(Depending on financess already got a UFO pro 8 and hate how arsy it is to use), SamusAran, Hammer, CollinD
Mega Everdrive - Ash, cosine, Kayamon,CollinD
E64 (With chip)- Mes83
Turbo Everdrive - TheGecko, Felgekarp
Master system - Me

Others, urgh they seem to not want a bargain

I have spoken to Kirkzz about the NESerdrive (Pet name) he said it will be the same price

BrooksterMax
13th February 2013, 13:59
r0jaws, just noticed that you had put down a Turbo card. Didn't know Krizz did these.

Could you also include that to my list - so a SNES and Turbo everdrive would be welcome at the house of Brookster :thumbsup:

Zetr0
13th February 2013, 17:07
Oh Crap - so did I,

I hearby change my order from EveryDrive N64 to the Turbo EverDrive please!!!!

OOooOOooo must do a 60hz mod on my TG16!

bobpard
13th February 2013, 17:11

You can buy it with a CIC already installed to save you doing it yourself. Not sure how much less they cost if you get it without one though.

@Bobpard N64 ED is $99 with no discount (not sure that includes a CIC but I think it does)

Does that mean there are few incompatible games without it? I knew about the snes one but the n64 cic chip. Well have to find the cost with or without, if you could help install one that would be ace, will see throw some pints your way

Zetr0
13th February 2013, 17:14
I would be more than happy to help you out, you can find CIC chip any N64 game-cart so - when this group-buy is confirmed send a cart my way and I will upgrade your E64 for you FOC =)

bobpard
13th February 2013, 17:18
Cheers mate, that's great of you. I have a few spare carts so no probs on that front :-)

scrappysphinx
13th February 2013, 17:22
Damnit :lol:

Just bought my mega everdrive and everdrive GG about 2-3 weeks ago.

Would possibly be interested in the Everdrive 64 depending on final price. Would it be ok to mark me down as a maybe pending price?

-Acid-
13th February 2013, 18:49
Does that mean there are few incompatible games without it? I knew about the snes one but the n64 cic chip. Well have to find the cost with or without, if you could help install one that would be ace, will see throw some pints your way
You have to get the CIC for the region your N64 came from, a PAL CIC will not work in an NTSC N64 and vice versa. The only game I can remember that definitely had problems was Banjo Tooie but it has since been cracked. No other problems with any games now according to this page: http://shop.retrogate.com/EverDrive-64-v2-ED64.htm

iainjh
14th February 2013, 02:16
Could you please register my interest for a n64 cart,pal, without cic, dependant on price... Its 50/50 if I can't afford if but I'd like to be pencilled in just in case in can :)

Ta!

Ps I have a megadrive everdrive and the pc engine one, both are superb !

SaviorX
14th February 2013, 02:25
i would also be interested in a TurboEverdrive, the TG16 seems to be the one i am having the hardest time tracking down games for, and when i do see them they are fairly expensive ;/

jb1014
14th February 2013, 20:01
Could you put me down for a Mega one please.

thanks

bobpard
14th February 2013, 21:50
You have to get the CIC for the region your N64 came from, a PAL CIC will not work in an NTSC N64 and vice versa. The only game I can remember that definitely had problems was Banjo Tooie but it has since been cracked. No other problems with any games now according to this page: http://shop.retrogate.com/EverDrive-64-v2-ED64.htm

cheers, i should be getting a jap n64 in the next couple of days, seller says it will play us games too, wondering if i can use the everdrive to play us roms, basically i want to play them at full speed :-)

keropi
14th February 2013, 22:00
cheers, i should be getting a jap n64 in the next couple of days, seller says it will play us games too, wondering if i can use the everdrive to play us roms, basically i want to play them at full speed :-)

the n64 has software controlled 50/60hz ... without any modification you can play NTSC games on a PAL console... it will display PAL60 ;)

DBloke
15th February 2013, 01:43
Correction to the Jama+ one
For got there was two MegaEverdrives, they want the cheap ones

bobpard
15th February 2013, 11:32

the n64 has software controlled 50/60hz ... without any modification you can play NTSC games on a PAL console... it will display PAL60 ;)

really? how do you put it into pal 60 mode? that mean i can just get an import adapter to play us/jap games on a pal machine and they can be played at 60hz?

keropi
15th February 2013, 12:05
^ it switches automatically.... I have only NTSC-U/J games in my ED64 and use a PAL console ;)

DBloke
15th February 2013, 12:34
With it I can play the awesome Virtual pro wrestling 2.

Tis a fine thing

kipper2k
15th February 2013, 14:09
hi,

declaring interest in a Mega Everdrive dependent on final discount price and also the everdrive 64 v2 (or latest rev)

thanks

r0jaws
15th February 2013, 18:33
I have had a reply from Igor concerning the wholesale discounts (all prices in USD $)....

Hello. NES version of N8 will be released in march, or bit later.my wholesale price:
EDN8: 85
ED64: 80
MEga-ed: 107
sd2snes: 155
all other carts: 60usdFor those in the UK, have a look here for a price comparison... Retrotowers (http://www.retrotowers.co.uk/)
I will update the first post to reflect the quoted prices.

Also, for those who are interested in the MegaDrive and SNES Versions, please specify specifically which one you would like.
There is a Everdrive MD, which will be $60 and the Mega-ED which is $107. The Mega-ED supports snapshot saves, the Everdrive MD does not.
The sd2snes has support for a variety of custom chips and is $155, the Super Everdrive does not and is $60.

Once we finalise the order and have a shipping quote, I will add that to the total, I expect that it will be no more than $1 per card (as a guesstimate) Obviously, you will need to factor in shipping to your own country as well. I will be sending everything in the UK via at least Recorded delivery as the bare minimum, and will be buying some jiffy bags and bubble wrap for packaging.
Overseas shipping will be arranged as required.

keropi
15th February 2013, 18:53
nice prices indeed ;)

-Acid-
15th February 2013, 19:18
Anyone offering prepared megadrive shells with the holes cut?

scrappysphinx
15th February 2013, 19:32
Ok, i confirm my interest in the Everdrive 64 (N64). Any idea when the order will be placed and we need to make payment?

Thanks

aerisdead
15th February 2013, 19:33
I'm still in for a Famicom Everdrive, but at $60 am now also considering a PC Engine Everdrive too (er, even though I don't own a PC Engine... yet*) because that's a very nice price.

I didn't mean to add any indecision but whenever the final order has to go in just let me know and I'll tell you in advance if I'm bumping my order up or not.

*It's a system I've always been interested in and I love the look of the original white PC Engine. Needs an AV mod of course which puts me off a bit but I'll admit that when it comes to retro consoles I am specific about which "look" I want and enjoy them for display as well as play!

r0jaws
15th February 2013, 19:49
Mike and I had discussed finalising the order by the end of February, and starting to collect payments in the fortnight following.
However, as Igor is thinking about March as a release date for the NES carts we may have to either wait until March, or just pre-order the NES carts, and sort them out later on when they are available.

I can imagine what the popular consensus might be, but it would allow a little more time for other members to get some cash together and maybe adjust their order to take advantage of the discount.

mmora
15th February 2013, 19:53
Then I confirm that I'm in for the Super Everdrive (the one that is 60$) and I have no problem waiting until the NES one is released (this could help many other eBayers to raise more money or to add something to the order).

Thanks!

scrappysphinx
15th February 2013, 20:56
Mike and I had discussed finalising the order by the end of February, and starting to collect payments in the fortnight following.
However, as Igor is thinking about March as a release date for the NES carts we may have to either wait until March, or just pre-order the NES carts, and sort them out later on when they are available.

I can imagine what the popular consensus might be, but it would allow a little more time for other members to get some cash together and maybe adjust their order to take advantage of the discount.

I can go either way. Just let me us know when you're ready :)

DBloke
15th February 2013, 21:19

We can keep a list of those wanting a NES one till release as I can imagine there are those in the same situation as me.

Zetr0
16th February 2013, 02:33
@r0jaws

If you are looking at a mid-march collection I could be able to stretch for both the Turbo ED and the N64ED as well...

gamegirlmicro
16th February 2013, 12:14
Put me down for Game Gear and Master System EDs please. I might be able to add NES to the order, I will see how finances look when March rolls around but for now just the two Sega ones. :)

keropi
16th February 2013, 15:58
r0jaws, please put me down for an ED64 along with the famicom one :)

kipper2k
16th February 2013, 21:30
What type of chip is it? soic, TQFP dip etc ?

DBloke
17th February 2013, 14:16
Other sites updates
Jamma+
NES - Me
Super Everdrive - vib_ribbon, Solar, Me(?), SamusAran, Hammer, CollinD
Everdrive MD- Ash, cosine, Kayamon,CollinD, Gamesmonkey
E64 (With chip)- Mes83
Famicom - BShow (unsure new poster), virtvic
SD2SNES - Bshow (Unsure if genuine first poster)
Mega everdrive - Ash

Retro collect
ED64 (pending) - Propane joe

deksar
18th February 2013, 02:43
Thanks for your interest Deksar, but I need to point out that these are just the boards, without a case or any packaging.
You can fit your own case, with a little modification, or you could ask on here if someone would be willing to mod a case for you. For the Mega it requires a slot to be cut in the top for the SD Card and a hole to be drilled for the SMS pause button.

It seems they NOW have Plastic Shell cases for Mega EverDrive's. Please confirm that, if they do, please add me to the list for 1xMega EverDrive (Mega-ED - $107).
Thanks.

r0jaws
18th February 2013, 09:58
Hi Deksar, we're not buying them from that supplier, we're buying them directly from Krikzz himself, hence why we're getting them at wholesale price. Unfortunately Krikzz doesn't supply them in a case.

@ Thread,
There are a couple of people who are looking for modded cartridges, anyone out there willing to do the modifications?
I would myself, if I had the time, I'll have to see how busy I am closer to do the day.

DBloke
18th February 2013, 11:02
It seems they NOW have Plastic Shell cases for Mega EverDrive's. Please confirm that, if they do, please add me to the list for 1xMega EverDrive (Mega-ED - $107).
Thanks.

You will have to make your own
I did
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419187_464835883550390_822697461_n.jpg

buster11
18th February 2013, 15:34
Everdrive GG+USB please.

kipper2k
18th February 2013, 15:42
@ Thread,
There are a couple of people who are looking for modded cartridges, anyone out there willing to do the modifications?
I would myself, if I had the time, I'll have to see how busy I am closer to do the day.

If you are talkin g about removal/adding the CIC chip etc, i can help there, it probably wouldn't appeal to people in Europe though as i am in Canada.

DBloke
18th February 2013, 15:45
People on the Jamma+ forum need the ED64s chipped for there region. How much extra would that be

jb1014
20th February 2013, 18:39
Quick question - will it come in a cartridge case? It isn't clear from the website. Cheers.

DBloke
20th February 2013, 18:41
No, grab a cheap game and sacrifice it. (in the case of the MD one use a proper Sega one)

Harrison
20th February 2013, 22:09
Just remember for the Nintendo carts you need a special screwdriver bit to unscrew the carts. other than that it's really easy to fit.

For the memory card slot the plastic is soft enough that you can cut out the hole with a craft knife.

DBloke
20th February 2013, 23:38
^You need one for the others as well

af1
22nd February 2013, 19:44
managed to get myself a sega multi mega so would like one of these for the mega drive please

DBloke
24th February 2013, 13:05
Current Jamma+ types

NES - Me, noz1380
Super Everdrive - vib_ribbon, Solar, Me, SamusAran, Hammer, CollinD, noz1380
Everdrive MD- cosine, Kayamon,CollinD, Gamesmonkey, vib_ribbon
E64 (UK)- Mes83
Famicom - BShow, virtvic
SD2SNES - Bshow
Mega everdrive - Ash

Other sites are full of people that dont want a bargain

r0jaws
24th February 2013, 13:51
I'm just talking to Igor about the CIC chips on the ED64's and then we'll start finalising the orders for the N64 cards.

We are going to let this run a little longer for two reasons...

Some people have asked for extra cards, if we delay slightly.
It gives Igor a chance to get the NES carts out.

So at the moment I am looking at closing this for orders March 23rd '13.
On this date I will ask for confirmation of each order, an will be collecting payments.
The last date for payment will be 7th April.

DBloke
24th February 2013, 14:04
Ok ill let others know.

Its going to be hard (huh huh) for me not to spend the money I have for them

mancity12
24th February 2013, 18:54
I would be interested in the Mega ever drive, definitely!

Please put me down.

mes83
24th February 2013, 19:11
hmm, this might give me time to get hold of a Master system or Mega Drive, and then still have time to order an everdrive for it as well.

Hmm. Let's see. But for now I'll just stick with the ED64, I've ordered on J+

Pluto63
24th February 2013, 19:46
One mega for me pls, confirmed

Trapshot
24th February 2013, 19:55
I'm in for an ED64 please.

I'd need it for a PAL UK system, and I'd prefer the CIC chip to be already on it if possible.

Many thanks for organising this!

Ben

mmora
24th February 2013, 21:01
@r0jaws, just to clarify, in the first post I appear as:

mmora - Super, NES

But I didn't say anything about getting the NES one (although it's something that I might consider until the final order date in March :whistle:) so please count me in only for the Super Everdrive for now :)

Thanks!

r0jaws
24th February 2013, 21:37
My apologies, I have edited it to reflect. If anyone else spots any anomolies, please let me know. I will be sending a PM to each of you to confirm your order.

Also, can everyone confirm which particular cart they want if they are ordering the SNES or Megadrive ones, as there are significant differences in price and functionality. Use Krikzz's website HERE (http://krikzz.com/) for the correct name.

I will adopt Jamma+'s list conventions shortly and will edit the first post to reflect that.

r0jaws
24th February 2013, 22:44
I have updated the first post to reflect the order as I understand it of now. If your name is highlighted RED, it is pending your confirmation. If I don't hear from you before 23rd March, then your order won't be submitted.

af1
25th February 2013, 17:30
Can I change mine to a megaeverdrive
This is my confirmation

scrappysphinx
25th February 2013, 17:35
My name is in black but i am confirming my order for an everdrive 64 (N64) at $80.
Can i just check is that including the CIC chip or will i have to source that part myself? I don't mind either way just checking.

r0jaws
25th February 2013, 21:28
I am checking that with Igor, I sent him an email a day ago and am waiting on his reply.

kipper2k
25th February 2013, 22:44
Hi,

You can confirm both of my orders

thanks

retrofire
25th February 2013, 23:58
Damn, I only got ny ed64 from him a few weeks ago, ah well even at full price it was well worth it. In still interested in the mega everdrive, I would like to put my name down for this, pending the final price and what spare money I have at the time. If all is looking good, and I decide to source a console, I may go for the snes version too

r0jaws
26th February 2013, 09:35
Igor has replied, all the N64 carts come with a PAL 7101 CIC chip pre-installed.
If you want to replace or remove it, you will have to do it yourself.

This means that you can use the card in any PAL N64, and it will run any game that uses the 7101 lockout (which was most of them) regardless of region. However, if you want to use it in an NTSC N64, you will have to replace the chip with an NTSC one.

diskers
26th February 2013, 09:49
Hi,
I'm in for a SD2SNES :thumbsup:
PS. Is there a possibility to buy a cardridge case?

aerisdead
27th February 2013, 23:46
I've decided to only confirm purchase of the Famicom Everdrive, so please only include me for that one. My money is ready, however!

(Although I want a PC Engine, I think the Famicom Everdrive is going to keep me ticking along for more than enough time.)

Dr.wario
6th March 2013, 12:44
Interested in N8 card, and maybe more.
but how will you handle shipping? Does Igor send them out separately?
And if so, is it possible to buy it with shell?

Cheers :)

gtsamour
6th March 2013, 13:03
I'm in for a EDN8 Famicom :) Sign me up for one please.

80sFREAK
6th March 2013, 14:04
I can offer one free shell with each of my famicoms :whistle:

diskers
6th March 2013, 14:11
Nothing is better that a well timed advertisment ;) :)

deksar
6th March 2013, 16:51
In case if we get Mega Everdrive's without case shell, please remove my name from the list.
Thanks.

DBloke
6th March 2013, 17:03
Think this has been said, but they are without case to keep the postage down

r0jaws
6th March 2013, 19:41

There is no shell with these, they are just the board as we are getting them at wholesale price. I will receive the whole lot from Igor, once they arrive, I will contact everyone to sort out forward delivery. At this point you will have to pay the Postage and packaging charges. I will be buying a bulk load of Jiffy bags and bubble wrap specifically for the group buy, so this will be added to the postage price.

bobpard
6th March 2013, 20:17
sorry to be dense but im sure i read somewhere that the n64 ones do have the pal chip thing in there so can just be bunged in a shell and away we go, this the case now? (cant remember if i saw it on here or one of the other forums with the group buy)

r0jaws
6th March 2013, 20:27
Yes, that is the case. If you have an NTSC N64, you will have to replace a chip on the board for it to work.
If you have a PAL N64, it is plug and play but will play all your PAL and NTSC games.

From post 104 (by me)...

Igor has replied, all the N64 carts come with a PAL 7101 CIC chip pre-installed.
If you want to replace or remove it, you will have to do it yourself.

This means that you can use the card in any PAL N64, and it will run any game that uses the 7101 lockout (which was most of them) regardless of region. However, if you want to use it in an NTSC N64, you will have to replace the chip with an NTSC one.

Dr.wario
7th March 2013, 13:06

There is no shell with these, they are just the board as we are getting them at wholesale price. I will receive the whole lot from Igor, once they arrive, I will contact everyone to sort out forward delivery. At this point you will have to pay the Postage and packaging charges. I will be buying a bulk load of Jiffy bags and bubble wrap specifically for the group buy, so this will be added to the postage price.

Okay, my lot could go upto 3 pieces.
What is shipping price from UK to belgium? if it's 20 its the same price without a groupbuy, since Krikkz sends it for 4 from ukraine.
And are the prices in your first price the fixxed prices or are they still negotiable between you and Igor?

keropi
7th March 2013, 15:33
I am ready :D :D :D

http://i49.tinypic.com/netbg6.jpg

in case you are wondering you can order labels here: http://labels.arcade-tv.de , they are ULTRA HQ labels , pre-cut perfectly and on glossy (plastic?) paper... I already have for the rest of my everdrives and they are just awesome:

http://i46.tinypic.com/v46o8h.jpg

jaymzwise
7th March 2013, 19:41
Hi,

Interested in a SD2SNES, is it difficult to put the PCB in a shell ?

r0jaws
7th March 2013, 19:51
Keropi, They look awesome. Nice one.

....Okay, my lot could go upto 3 pieces.
What is shipping price from UK to belgium? if it's 20 its the same price without a groupbuy, since Krikkz sends it for 4 from ukraine.
And are the prices in your first price the fixxed prices or are they still negotiable between you and Igor?

Those prices are the prices Igor quoted for me at wholesale, so that is what I am expecting to be charged.
I have had a look, and guessing the weight of upto 3 cards (750g), Airmail to Belgium including packaging is about 5.50
However, that is uninsured.

I'm going to be clear here. I am happy to act as the intermediary and will do my best to ensure that every transaction goes smoothly, however I am not going to accept responsibility for loss or damage on any cards.
Potentially, totting up the total amount of equipment being purchased, there will be upto $2000 being spent, and I cannot afford to re-imburse people for loss or damage for all that.
I will say that if you are at all concerned, then you will have to ask for, and pay for, enhanced protection and insurance.
However, I will provide a proof of postage on request, all cards will be wrapped in new bubble wrap, in unused jiffy bags and should anything go wrong I will co-operate fully with any postal investigation to assist in recovery of your purchases, or for an insurance claim.

DBloke
7th March 2013, 20:22
Will point out the last one went with out a hitch
also the Jamma+ guys want you to send the boards right to them rather than via me to save time

r0jaws
7th March 2013, 20:32
No problem, just send me their details when the time comes and I'll get in touch with them.
It's true that Amineo's last group buy went off without a hitch, I genuinely expect this one to be exactly the same.

BTW, Uk Postage should be around 3

keropi
7th March 2013, 20:58
[...]

I'm going to be clear here. I am happy to act as the intermediary and will do my best to ensure that every transaction goes smoothly, however I am not going to accept responsibility for loss or damage on any cards.
Potentially, totting up the total amount of equipment being purchased, there will be upto $2000 being spent, and I cannot afford to re-imburse people for loss or damage for all that.
I will say that if you are at all concerned, then you will have to ask for, and pay for, enhanced protection and insurance.

That is perfectly understandable and 101% correct , I think you need to put this on the 1st post as well so people are informed and chose their shipping method wisely :)

gtsamour
8th March 2013, 08:00
I don't think its wise for anyone to ask anything less than "signed for" postage...

jb1014
8th March 2013, 15:25
sorry to add to the seeming never ending stream of questions/bother for you, but:

Payment: When, where, how??

In terms of delivery, my folks live in Boston - any chance of a handover to save postage cost/risk?

Thanks
jb

DBloke
8th March 2013, 15:39
Oh, question about multiple boards postage.

Is that each

r0jaws
8th March 2013, 17:00
sorry to add to the seeming never ending stream of questions/bother for you, but:

In terms of delivery, my folks live in Boston - any chance of a handover to save postage cost/risk?

Thanks
jb

Payment.
Basically everyone will be giving me their payments and I will forward this in one large payment to Igor. However, I will not be taking any money until after 23 March, and only from those who have confirmed their order. Once I have all the cash (last payment date 07 April) I will pay Igor. Those who haven't paid by this date will have their order cancelled.
Preferred Payment is via PayPal, but if you have difficulty using PayPal, please contact me well before to sort out an alternative.
Please all note, that I won't accept fees as I would have to make up the difference myself, and that will add up pretty quickly. Also, as Igor has stated all prices in USD $, the I will want payments for the cards themselves in USD $
Payment for the postage on towards you, after the boards arrive at my house, will be in GBP

Pickup
Local pickup/ drop off is absolutely fine. I will happily drop it into your folks on my way to work if they are local, or they would be welcome to pick it up, whichever.

What I will do at each stage is, send a PM to those involved explaining the next step, and exactly what I expect from them, in terms of information, or cash.

r0jaws
8th March 2013, 17:01
Oh, question about multiple boards postage.

Is that each

For multiple boards, I will package them all together (hence the extra bubble wrap) to keep postage costs to the minimum.

wmsteele
8th March 2013, 17:44
After much thought I have decided on an Everdrive GG and Turbo Everdrive, please add me to the order list.

Thanks.

sir_beaker
8th March 2013, 18:03
Hi, I would be interested in the Super Everdrive, Everdrive 64 and Turbo Everdrive :)

jb1014
8th March 2013, 21:45

Thanks
jb

Payment.
Please all note, that I won't accept fees as I would have to make up the difference myself, and that will add up pretty quickly. Also, as Igor has stated all prices in USD $, the I will want payments for the cards themselves in USD $

Pickup
Local pickup/ drop off is absolutely fine. I will happily drop it into your folks on my way to work if they are local, or they would be welcome to pick it up, whichever.

Thanks, sounds great - and thanks for organising this. Cheers jb

DBloke
11th March 2013, 15:35
The Jamma+ side of things is a bit busy.

If I get a Super one I will need a DSP chip installing, how hard is it for a technically "Bit lacking" type like me?

r0jaws
11th March 2013, 16:08
I have a rev 1.5 board and I am installing the DSP1 chip as we speak. It requires a DSP capable card to provide the donor chips and you need to remove the DSP1 chip, one oscillator and one other chip.
As long as you can solder and de-solder it's pretty straightforward.

jaymzwise
11th March 2013, 16:44
Hi !
Is it difficult to put the PCB in a shell ?
Do I just need the correct screwdriver ?

DBloke
11th March 2013, 16:53
I have a rev 1.5 board and I am installing the DSP1 chip as we speak. It requires a DSP capable card to provide the donor chips and you need to remove the DSP1 chip, one oscillator and one other chip.
As long as you can solder and de-solder it's pretty straightforward.

So no then.
Im sure I can source a copy of Pilotwings dirt cheap, thats if I dont have any in the "Lass stock"

r0jaws
11th March 2013, 16:59
Hi !
Is it difficult to put the PCB in a shell ?
Do I just need the correct screwdriver ?

You need a gamebit (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-8mm-repair-screwdriver-gamebit-super-nintendo-nes-snes-n64-gameboy-game-cart-/160985753807?pt=UK_VG_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item257b7fa8cf) screwdriver, they are usually only a few Euro on eBay.
Installation of the SNES one is quite easy, although you will have to cut a small slot in the top of the shell for the SD Card.

jaymzwise
11th March 2013, 17:01
Ok, thanks, I confirm my interest for a SD2SNES, can you put me on the list ?

r0jaws
11th March 2013, 22:55
The Jamma+ side of things is a bit busy.

If I get a Super one I will need a DSP chip installing, how hard is it for a technically "Bit lacking" type like me?

Just to put it in perspective, I've just completed the job. Have a look HERE (http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?p=433540#post433540).

DBloke
11th March 2013, 23:13
TBH its the soldering bit im worried about, dont want to bork my nice new Everdrive

-Acid-
11th March 2013, 23:44
Confirm me for the Mega Everdrive... will decide on the NES one once we know for sure it's available.

amigo-mexicano
12th March 2013, 01:03
The EDN8 Famicom has USB port installed for that $85 price?

Thanks!

torm3nt8r
12th March 2013, 09:53
interest for one Super Everdrive....

amigo-mexicano
12th March 2013, 23:06
Interested on both EDN8 and one Super Everdrive, but I need to know if they include USB ports installed... please let me know, thanks!!

r0jaws
12th March 2013, 23:12
According to Igor's website, they are optional. I will have to ask him if he can include some, and how much extra they will be.

DBloke
12th March 2013, 23:36
Did he say mid March for the NESer drive?

keropi
13th March 2013, 00:13
a skilled person can also add the usb port himself at a later point: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=259.msg2172

remember that USB ports are only useful for development purposes :)

r0jaws
13th March 2013, 00:24
Did he say mid March for the NESer drive?

That's what he previously said, I've asked him about that in the email too.

amigo-mexicano
13th March 2013, 03:05
Ok, please sign me up for one EDN8 Famicom and one Super Everdrive.

Thanks!

ikduncan
13th March 2013, 07:58
Put me down for an edn8 famicom please

DBloke
13th March 2013, 11:42
Jamma+ tyes
NES - Me, noz1380
Super Everdrive - vib_ribbon, Solar, Me(?), SamusAran, Hammer, CollinD, noz1380, sjbaines, jonnyturbo, dsyde
Everdrive MD- cosine, Kayamon,CollinD, Gamesmonkey, vib_ribbon, Iremfan, Konami79, subzero
E64 - Mes83, iddod
Turbo Everdrive - TheGecko, Felgekarp, Konami79,2D.Tron
Famicom - BShow, virtvic
SD2SNES - Bshow
Mega everdrive - Ash

Hope paypal dont have limits on the amount that can be put into accounts

r0jaws
13th March 2013, 17:22
I have setup a PayPal account specifically for this group buy to keep my personal PayPal separate. I have verified it and gone through the process of removing all the limits.
However, I will be giving PayPal a call to check that this will run smoothly. ;)

r0jaws
13th March 2013, 22:27
I've received a reply from Igor. He says that the NES version of EDN8 will be available mid April, one week after the final payment date.
USB ports can be added to the carts as an option, but will cost an extar $15.

DBloke
13th March 2013, 22:37
Dont know about others but I can wait

I have setup a PayPal account specifically for this group buy to keep my personal PayPal separate. I have verified it and gone through the process of removing all the limits.
However, I will be giving PayPal a call to check that this will run smoothly. ;)

Ill get the Jamma+ types to PP you the cash directly
With "Forum name", "What its for" "Real name" "Address" and "Email" in the message box. closer to the time.

bobpard
13th March 2013, 22:42
I've received a reply from Igor. He says that the NES version of EDN8 will be available mid April, one week after the final payment date.

do you know if that means he will send everything out in Mid April once the NES ones have arrived? looking forward to getting these now, been on a selling spree and can afford it :D also may give me the incentive to get rid of some of my poorer games

DBloke
13th March 2013, 22:57

do you know if that means he will send everything out in Mid April once the NES ones have arrived? looking forward to getting these now, been on a selling spree and can afford it :D also may give me the incentive to get rid of some of my poorer games
Ive been on a no spender for the past few weeks due to this buy

amigo-mexicano
13th March 2013, 23:04
Thanks for the USB info. Please update my order on the main page, I want EDN8 Famicom (not NES) and one Super Everdrive. No extra USB on any of them, please. Confirmed both.

Thanks!

ikduncan
14th March 2013, 08:01
Have ibeen missed from front page order list?

Put me down for an edn8 famicom please

Playsoft
14th March 2013, 08:52
Could you put me down for a SD2SNES please. Thanks, Paul

r0jaws
14th March 2013, 09:17
Dont know about others but I can wait

Ill get the Jamma+ types to PP you the cash directly
With "Forum name", "What its for" "Real name" "Address" and "Email" in the message box. closer to the time.

That's all good buddy, thanks. Can you make sure they are happy with all the details in my first post as well?

First post updated, sorry ikduncan, I missed you there. ;)

ikduncan
15th March 2013, 08:35
Can you add me in for an sd2snes as well? Cheers

Dr.wario
15th March 2013, 12:34
r0jaws, are you sure that we can't get more of the price with this many orders?
we are at about 50 now

mmora
15th March 2013, 14:01
r0jaws, are you sure that we can't get more of the price with this many orders?
we are at about 50 now

I'm sure r0jaws is doing all that is in his hands. With this huge order and all the money, everdrives and shipments he will have to manage, I think we have nothing else to say or push; it's more than enough that he is acting as intermediary for all of us.

So please, concentrate in doing things easier and not harder for him.

r0jaws
15th March 2013, 14:04
That's Ok guys, I will ask if he can do a bit better, we've got about 70 odd carts here!
However, I imagine that Stone age gamer and other retailers will be buying in bulk amounts such as this and will be getting the same wholesale deal too, possibly a little better because of their regular orders so I'm not overly hopeful.
We'll see what he has to say anyway.

DBloke
15th March 2013, 15:15
According to the front page between Jamma+ and Amibay thats 78, so yes it is a bloody big order

gman
15th March 2013, 19:02
Would be definitely in if it was a complete product with case + CIC installed.

mes83
16th March 2013, 00:53
They come with a pal CIC installed, but without case. But it should'nt be a problem to find a cheap n64 game to fit the everdrive pcb into.

Dr.wario
16th March 2013, 15:16
I knew I would be understood by some,
and for sure know that I'm new here, i have nothing to throw into the yar.

I could only ask and since this is a really big order, Igor's discount starts at 10 carts so ... 70+ carts is something to discuss about.

And i didn't even state how many i want :) i recon it should be about 3 pieces

so where definatly at 81 pieces that's a BIG order

scrappysphinx
16th March 2013, 17:03
Hi Phil, can you remove me from the list please. Looking at my finances i just won't have the cash available at the minute. Apologies if i've wasted you time buddy.

Thanks

r0jaws
16th March 2013, 17:10
No problem buddy, it was just the N64 cart wasn't it?

scrappysphinx
16th March 2013, 17:10
Yes matey, just n64 one

Tachi
17th March 2013, 00:40
Oops...

retrofire
18th March 2013, 08:59
Sorry all, I am going to have to remove my order for the mega everdrive. I will keep an eye out on the forum, if this does happen again, I will look to order at that point.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

r0jaws
18th March 2013, 12:00
You also wanted a Super Everdrive, do you still want that one?

retrofire
18th March 2013, 17:52
No sorry, I was going to place an order for the mega everdrive, and if I could find a Snes I was going to order one of those too. I never found a Snes, and due to unforseen circumstances, I'm having to cancel my order for the mega everdrive.

If this does happen again in a few months time , I will look to re order, if my situation allows me to.

Thanks for the speedy reply

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

ahmose
18th March 2013, 19:29
@r0jaws - This looks like a brilliant group buy effort - thanks for what you are doing here. Just 2 days in as a member and already you have me spending money!:)

Please would you put me down for the following:
1 x Super Everdrive ($60)
1 x Everdrive 64 PAL ($80)
1 x Turbo Everdrive ($60)

Might need some forum help in getting the Super Everdrive fixed up with the DSP but one step at a time.

Thanks

thgill
18th March 2013, 19:37
Please put me down for:

1x EDN8 Famicom
1x SD2SNES

r0jaws
18th March 2013, 19:54
Updated OP. :)

thgill
19th March 2013, 02:55
What the heck, put me down for a Mega Everdrive as well!

Everdrives for all my fav machines!

DBloke
19th March 2013, 02:59
Are we at 100 yet?

Generally I wasn't expecting this kind of response.

r0jaws
19th March 2013, 11:56
Getting close. :)
Only 4 days until the order cut off date, I have PM'd all those who have not confirmed their order. If I don't hear from you by the 23rd, I will remove your interest.

I have spoken to PayPal and setup an account specifically for this group buy to keep it separate from my own finances. The account is verified and I have tested it successfully with a payment from Keropi. I have also phoned PayPal to confirm that there will be no problems handling these payments and subsequent onward payment to Igor with this new account.
So far we have 84 units ordered, if all those who haven't confirmed yet decide to buy, coming to a total of $6767!
I am going to send Igor an email.

Dr.wario
19th March 2013, 12:28
Still awaiting your answer about the special price :p

but i'm up for N8 famicom and NES edition
and Turbo everdrive

r0jaws
19th March 2013, 12:35
I have sent Igor the email this morning, he usually replies within 24 hours. I have pointed out the large order, and asked if he maybe able to negotiate on individual cart prices.
We'll see what he has to say. ;)

@Dr.Wario, I have also included your order now, Which takes us upto 87 units. :)

Dr.wario
19th March 2013, 12:54
thanks and appreciated, and thanks for the understanding, maybe i sounded of a bit rude at first, but it's the global gain for everybody here and not me alone.
Personal gain is never my interest, never was and never will be.

slk486
19th March 2013, 15:15
I have sent Igor the email this morning, he usually replies within 24 hours. I have pointed out the large order, and asked if he maybe able to negotiate on individual cart prices.
We'll see what he has to say. ;)

You da man :thumbsup:

Tachi
19th March 2013, 18:05
Hi Guys

Can you pop me down for a Mega Everdrive please?
Cheersios :)

-Acid-
19th March 2013, 21:46
Any news on the nes version being ready in time yet?

r0jaws
20th March 2013, 09:08
I've had a reply from Igor and despite my best efforts he won't budge on price I'm afraid.
Also, he has just informed me

that the NES carts maybe $5 more expensive, possibly more, and are looking at being available now by the end of April.
The N64 carts do not come with the CIC chip installed, he charges $18 ontop of the $80 to source, and install those.
The SD2SNES are currently out of stock, but should be back within 1-2 weeks.

This is disappointing, I can understand that the production run may go a little longer on a new board so I'm not surprised by a further delay, but I am surprised by the possible increased price.
I also thought I had clarified with Igor about the N64 carts, however I am sorry to say that this was not the case. I am willing to help out here.
If anyone wishes I will install a CIC (PAL or NTSC) as long as they send me an old cartridge that I can remove the CIC from. Either that, or buy one from HERE (http://www.mmg-retro.de/product.php?id_product=25) and you can install them yourself, or I will do it for those who cannot.
If those who want a CIC installed wish it, I could buy up 10 of those chips and have them here ready for when the boards arrive. Obviously, we will have to add the price of the chips to your order. They are currently 7 Euro.

I'm sorry for the slightly disappointing news, I will send a message to all those who have ordered an N64 and NES cart so that they are aware of the problem.

keropi
20th March 2013, 09:18
tbh I didn't expect him to budge any lower ;)
it's unfortunate that the n64 carts don't come with a cic after all, but please keep in mind that KRIKzz does not speak English so good, it was just the language barrier
If anyone else from Greece decides to get a n64 cart I can install a cic on their cart too ;)

DBloke
20th March 2013, 12:35
Lets do another one just for the NES/SD2SNES ones at the end of April and keep the orders on

kipper2k
20th March 2013, 16:23
I've had a reply from Igor and despite my best efforts he won't budge on price I'm afraid.
Also, he has just informed me

that the NES carts maybe $5 more expensive, possibly more, and are looking at being available now by the end of April.
The N64 carts do not come with the CIC chip installed, he charges $18 ontop of the $80 to source, and install those.
The SD2SNES are currently out of stock, but should be back within 1-2 weeks.

This is disappointing, I can understand that the production run may go a little longer on a new board so I'm not surprised by a further delay, but I am surprised by the possible increased price.
I also thought I had clarified with Igor about the N64 carts, however I am sorry to say that this was not the case. I am willing to help out here.
If anyone wishes I will install a CIC (PAL or NTSC) as long as they send me an old cartridge that I can remove the CIC from. Either that, or buy one from HERE (http://www.mmg-retro.de/product.php?id_product=25) and you can install them yourself, or I will do it for those who cannot.
If those who want a CIC installed wish it, I could buy up 10 of those chips and have them here ready for when the boards arrive. Obviously, we will have to add the price of the chips to your order. They are currently 7 Euro.

I'm sorry for the slightly disappointing news, I will send a message to all those who have ordered an N64 and NES cart so that they are aware of the problem.

For the NTSC users buying the N64 board, Do we just need to get an NTSC game , remove the CIC chip (which i assume is an NTSC variant) and solder that onto the board in order to play games (Hmm, still confusing, do some games work, and all regions, without the chip while others won't? - OR, if no CIC chip is installed, will nothing work?
)

keropi
20th March 2013, 17:19
^
A PAL console needs a PAL CIC chip and a NTSC console needs a NTSC chip. Without a CIC the everdrive (or even a real game) won't work. CIC is basically a security chip so games cannot be pirated easily.
CIC chips must be harvested from retail games , pay attention to the CIC model as there are some revisions and the recommended ones are:
CIC-7101 for a PAL N64
CIC-6102 for a NTSC N64

Once a CIC is fitted then the n64 can play all region games as refresh rates are software controlled ;)

DBloke
20th March 2013, 19:29
^Know its region free with the CiC as ive been playing the awesome Virtual pro wrestling 2 on it

-Acid-
20th March 2013, 21:58
Can someone enlighten me about the Turbo ED. I gather it works on both systems, but will it load US roms on Jap hardware and vice-versa? If I get either system and region free mod it, will the ED still work? I don't actually own either version of the PCE yet but have been eyeing them up for quite some time and buying an ED for one would make me finally get one (which version would anyone recommend and why?).

Dam
21st March 2013, 00:54
Hello everyone, I'm from the RG forum, have registered here mainly for this group buy, but will be sticking around too!

I'd like an everdrive MD and a turbo everdrive please!

slk486
21st March 2013, 01:57
Can someone enlighten me about the Turbo ED. I gather it works on both systems, but will it load US roms on Jap hardware and vice-versa? If I get either system and region free mod it, will the ED still work? I don't actually own either version of the PCE yet but have been eyeing them up for quite some time and buying an ED for one would make me finally get one (which version would anyone recommend and why?).

Yes, yes and Duo-R ;)

keropi
21st March 2013, 02:41
^ Also you don't need to region-free any kind of pce, the T-ED takes care of patching roms automatically. US games work on Japanese consoles and vise-versa.
Actually some region-free methods just make the T-ED to not work at all...

slk486
21st March 2013, 07:21

I stand corrected.

Yes, perhaps and Duo-R.

r0jaws
21st March 2013, 09:10
Hello everyone, I'm from the RG forum, have registered here mainly for this group buy, but will be sticking around too!

I'd like an everdrive MD and a turbo everdrive please!

Glad to see you made it, I've updated the OP. Welcome to Amibay. :)

thgill
21st March 2013, 14:36

I can attest to this.

I had a CoreGrafx that I installed one of the region mod chips in and the Turbo Everdrive had all sorts of issues with it. Everything appeared fine until you flashed a game to the card and tried to play it. Scrambled graphics and broken sounds. Couldn't even flash the OS version to a newer one.

Moved the card over to a non region modded white PCE and everything was working fine.

Krikzz himself has even said that he doesn't recommend any of the Region mods for the TG16/PCE due to bus noise issues. Some of them might work ok, but many cause issues. They might work fine with original games, but not so much with the Turbo Everdrive.

-Acid-
21st March 2013, 18:17
Looks like i need a Jap console then

r0jaws
21st March 2013, 18:47
@-Acid- and Phoenixace,

Can you both check the OP, I have you down as possible orders for a couple of carts and I need you to confirm whether you definitely want them or not.
Thanks.

DBloke
21st March 2013, 19:14
So whats happening about the SD2SNES and NESerdrive?

Another group buy just for them at the end of April?

uunek
21st March 2013, 20:08
Please one for me:

1x SD2SNES

-Acid-
21st March 2013, 21:03
@-Acid- and Phoenixace,

Can you both check the OP, I have you down as possible orders for a couple of carts and I need you to confirm whether you definitely want them or not.
Thanks.
I already confirmed the Mega and you said the NES one wouldn't be ready in time didn't you? You can add a Turbo ED to my order though.

Zetr0
21st March 2013, 21:52
@r0jaws

Sadly I have to choose between the ED64 and the Turbo ED - and I have chosen the Turbo ED - thus I have to give up the ED64 (the Wife has spoken - most eloquently on the matter.... and my shoulder is still sore.....)...

If you had put this group-but in July - I could of claimed Wedding Anniversary status and got both.... sigh....

Anyway... sadly I have to drop the ED64 - but I will most certainly be keeping the Turbo ED!!!!

DBloke
21st March 2013, 22:10
We might do another in a few months, ill be after a Turbo everdrive on the next one.

I have to get the machine for it first

r0jaws
21st March 2013, 22:33
@Thread,

SD2SNES
I am expecting the SD2SNES carts to be available as Igor says they will be back in stock early April.

ED8 NES
I suggest that we put the order for the NES carts in with this group buy, and I'll hold the payment until Igor can confirm their delivery. He has already stated that he will not take payment until the carts are ready, unfortunately he hasn't confirmed the price yet.
Hopefully he will accept them as part of the group buy and allow us to purchase them at the wholesale price. If not, we will have to try and drum up another 3 buyers and do this as a separate order.
Either way, I will take the $85 payments he has originally quoted from each person, and then either request the extra, or refund as appropriate.

Vyothric
22nd March 2013, 23:23
Hmm, well put me down for 1x EDN8 NES anyway.

-Acid-
22nd March 2013, 23:29
If the nes cart wont be ready in time, will that give us longer to pay for that one?

DBloke
22nd March 2013, 23:41
I might have a few extra orders to come I will find out for definite Tuesday night (Computer Club), they will be part of my order

diskers
23rd March 2013, 09:33
Hi everyone,
So we can start transfering money on March 27th as agreed before?

fatbob_gb
23rd March 2013, 11:59
Can I put my name down for a Turbo Everdrive please

chrisunderwood
23rd March 2013, 13:32
I'd be interested in a $60 everdrive for ( turbo grafx 16 )

r0jaws
23rd March 2013, 20:38
I have added your orders gents..

@Thread, you have until Midnight tonight to finalise your orders then I will start PMing everyone with payment details and contacting Igor with the finalised list.

I will ask Igor about the NES carts again. If he won't accept payment for these yet, I will ask if he will honour them as part of the group buy and we can pay him when they become available.
If not, we may have to do the NES carts as a separate group buy and try and get a couple more orders for those.

Dr.wario
23rd March 2013, 22:48
his best price is still negotiable?

r0jaws
23rd March 2013, 22:56
No. Have a look at post #186.

mes83
23rd March 2013, 22:57
Also posted this on JammaPlus, but thought I might as well post it here as well.

For those needing N64 PAL CIC chips. I have a lot of spare N64 games lying around. I can ship them for 5 each. That way you have both a CIC and a case for the Everdrive board;-)

kipper2k
23rd March 2013, 23:20
Will the cartridge close if you solder the CIC into a socket onto the board ?

DBloke
23rd March 2013, 23:39
Will the cartridge close if you solder the CIC into a socket onto the board ?

If it dont then you have done it wrong

keropi
23rd March 2013, 23:41
@kipper2k

why would you want a socket? Banjo-Tooie that did not run because it needed a specific CIC has been recently cracked and once you install one of the recommended CICs then the n64 will be completely region free...
but I'll check about the socket in a moment and post back :)

@DBloke: I believe kipper2k wants a cart->socket->cic setup

edit: I don't think a socket will fit... you have maybe 4mm of space if you remove the upper shielding... if it does fit it will be a very tight one...

Vyothric
24th March 2013, 00:04
Is the 6102A CIC useable? I have one of those if anyone wants it.

keropi
24th March 2013, 00:29
^ for a NTSC n64 yes it is good , for a pal n64 it won't work

Vyothric
24th March 2013, 00:35
Yeah. Was just wondering if there was any difference between the 6102 and 6102A.

r0jaws
24th March 2013, 09:05
Ladies and Gents, I have no closed the list for orders. I will send all those who have expressed an interest a PM with payment details. :thumbsup:

DBloke
24th March 2013, 13:33
Fianl closing orders for other sites
NES - dbloke, noz1380, masterurk
Super Everdrive - vib_ribbon, Solar, dbloke, SamusAran, Hammer, CollinD, noz1380, sjbaines, jonnyturbo, dsyde, river9999uk
Everdrive MD- cosine, Kayamon,CollinD, Gamesmonkey, vib_ribbon, Iremfan, Konami79, subzero, mes83, daz125, dbloke
E64 - Mes83, iddod
Famicom - BShow, virtvic,river9999uk, vib_ribbon
SD2SNES - Bshow, U72, matv6
Mega everdrive - Ash

Retro collect - 0

total boards being ordered

Tachi
24th March 2013, 20:57
Ladies and Gents, I have no closed the list for orders. I will send all those who have expressed an interest a PM with payment details. :thumbsup:

Pennies ready and waiting ;)

kipper2k
24th March 2013, 21:03
Fianl closing orders for other sites
NES - dbloke, noz1380, masterurk
Super Everdrive - vib_ribbon, Solar, dbloke, SamusAran, Hammer, CollinD, noz1380, sjbaines, jonnyturbo, dsyde, river9999uk
Everdrive MD- cosine, Kayamon,CollinD, Gamesmonkey, vib_ribbon, Iremfan, Konami79, subzero, mes83, daz125, dbloke
E64 - Mes83, iddod
Famicom - BShow, virtvic,river9999uk, vib_ribbon
SD2SNES - Bshow, U72, matv6
Mega everdrive - Ash

Retro collect - 0

total boards being ordered

I can't see my name in that list ?

fatbob_gb
24th March 2013, 21:13
I can't see my name in that list ?

Your name is included in r0jaw's list in the first post of this thread.

DBloke
24th March 2013, 22:01
Forgot to say "Jamma+"

r0jaws
25th March 2013, 13:06
Ladies and Gents, you should now all have a PM or two in your inbox with contact and payment details.
I sent the PMs out grouped by cart, so please make sure that you have one for each cart you have ordered.
If there are any differences, please let me know, preferably by the email address.

chrisunderwood
25th March 2013, 13:33
payment sent :thumbsup:

wmsteele
25th March 2013, 13:47
Payment sent!

r0jaws
25th March 2013, 14:49
Thanks for the payments guys, but can everyone not post payment sent in the thread as it is likely to swamp the thread.
I'll try and keep the thread clear for changes, announcements or other issues if possible. :thumbsup:

Dam
25th March 2013, 15:00
Whats the deal on costs for final delivery? Are we paying on top for that when you have them in hand? Or should we add something now?

r0jaws
25th March 2013, 15:04
Leave the delivery off for now. Once the carts arrive I will get intouch with everyone with accurate delivery costs and ask for payment before I dispatch them out.

A couple of people have paid, with fees but I want to point this out from the original post...

I am happy to act as the intermediary and will do my best to ensure that every transaction goes smoothly, however I am not going to accept responsibility for loss or damage on any cards.
If you are at all concerned, then you will have to ask for, and pay for, enhanced protection and insurance.

Guys, if this goes south, I will not be able to refund everyone their money. Igor will have it, and I would have to pursue him for it first.
Please be aware that I potentially will not be issuing refunds. I cannot afford to underwrite this enterprise.
If you are not willing to accept the potential risk, then please withdraw your interest.

keropi
25th March 2013, 15:18
If you are not willing to accept the potential risk, then please withdraw your interest.

I would put that on bold letters in the 1st post my friend... you are already organizing a huge order, you can't be responsible for 3rd party damages too.

amigo-mexicano
25th March 2013, 18:09
I have a question. Paypal international accounts as mine, don't have the "gift" option. In this case what do we do about the fees? Could that extra be calculated before sending the payment?

Thanks.

DBloke
25th March 2013, 18:19
Isnt it usually 3%?

SkydivinGirl
25th March 2013, 19:59
Just Google Paypal Calculator to find one that will do the work for you.

Heather

amigo-mexicano
25th March 2013, 20:13
Ok i'll just wait for r0jaws confirmation about this fees-issue to proceed. Thanks guys!

fitzsteve
25th March 2013, 20:25
PayPal fees for 'goods' payment in GBP is 3.9% + 0.20

So something 50 with have a 2.15 fee (50x3.9%+0.20)

DBloke
25th March 2013, 20:58
A few Jamma+ types are paying the fees, also a few want to pick up off me in person,

Its a free pint for me then

Vyothric
25th March 2013, 21:29
You missed me :p

r0jaws
26th March 2013, 00:46
You missed me :p

My apologies, you are now added. Was it just the NES cart? If so, standby on all payment details until I have finalised with Igor if he will accept the order with the rest of the Group Buy.
If not, we will just buy them when they become available later on.

Vyothric
26th March 2013, 00:46
Yeah, just the NES.

DBloke
26th March 2013, 01:39
Will point out any Jamma+ types that have posted in here, let me know over there that your order is on here.

r0jaws
26th March 2013, 12:27
No problem buddy, I will highlight all the guys in the OP who have paid, in Blue.

thgill
26th March 2013, 14:33
Paid for SD2SNES, Mega Everdrive and N8 Famicom.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DBloke
26th March 2013, 15:13
Two cancellations
subzero - Everdrive MD - $60 Order canceled
Matv6 - SD2SNES - $155 Order cancelled

r0jaws
26th March 2013, 15:21
Ladies and Gents,
A couple of members have paid for the carts as in a normal transaction and have paid the fees, this is fine, however it has created a slight problem that wasn't raised when I first spoke to PayPal.
Because the PayPal account I set up is a new one specifically for this transaction any payments for items other than a Gift or Personal Payment owed are automatically held for upto 21 days. I am unable to touch the funds.
However, if I mark a payment as dispatched, the payment will clear in 7 days.
With this in mind, can anyone who pays using the options that involve paying fees can they allow at least 7 Days before the final cut-off date.
For example, the final date for Payment would be 31st March in order for payment to be cleared by 07th April.

I am sorry that I hadn't spotted this before now, but hopefully it shouldn't be more than a minor hiccup. :thumbsup:

diskers
27th March 2013, 07:30
Paid yesterday evening for the SD2SNES :thumbsup: