StarshipUK

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Chelmsford
Region
Essex
Real Intel Server: This is a real massive server with an Intel chassis case, dual hotswap PSU, dual Zeon processors and a se7501br2 mobo. It also has a LSI SCSI card which is linked to a hot swap drive bay at the front to which there are three Maxtor 147GB Atlas 15k 147GB SCSI Ultra320 Hard Drives fitted. I will also supply a brand new sealed HDD which can either be added to the array or kept as a spare incase one of the raid drives starts producing media errors. As well as on board 10/100 and 1GB NICs there is also a 1GB NIC fitted to the mobo. I bought it a few years back as a ex-school/college server and never got round to using it as anything more than a table. Now the badish news. It is not working. I powered it on a while back to check it and it was working fine for a few hours and then it got a BSOD. When you power it on now there is no display on the monitor and the mobo is repeating 3 beeps. I am guessing it is either CPU or Memory or just the board is broken. Seems unlikely to be the PSU, and I unplugged the Raid and NIC, but the 3 beeps still happened. The good news is someone has some of these same boards with CPUs and Memory available on EBay for £60, So it may only cost an extra £60 to get this beauty up and running again, and leave you with some spare parts (and more RAM, if the ram is OK). I am looking for around £150 ono for this to be collected at a Retro Computing Event in the UK or picked up from Chelmsford, Essex (way too heavy to post!).

server1.jpg

server2.jpg

server3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom