AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
264   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
I have Pentium 2 computer and I am looking for mouse because I couldnt find other mouse

USB pc optical mouse ? No....the old pc mouse(with ball inside) :)

so you would be looking for a pc mouse with a ps2 connector?
if yes,then maybe a mod change your heading so it helps with your search.

I have try USB pc optical mouse on my old pc and it doesnt work(need disk or whatever need installed in:roll:) because my OS is window 98

IMG-0039.jpg

Hope that help :)

I'm agreeing with Roy , if it won't work in USB port then it's probibly just the same plugging it into an adaptor in the ps2 port .

Windows 98 First Edition (version 4.10.1998 ) lacks proper USB support, Windows 98 Second Edition (SE, version 4.10.2222A) will support HID class USB devices properly (that includes mice).

A USB mouse may support the PS/2 protocol or not. If it does, the cheap USB-to-PS/2 adapter (which simply has a couple of resistors in it) will make it initialise in PS/2 mode and behave 100% like a PS/2 mouse (because it is a PS/2 mouse after all). So the adapter doesn't do any protocol conversion, it just "tells" a mouse in what mode to start. So whether or not a USB mouse works with these adapters is up to the mouse, most support PS/2 but I guess more recent offerings may have stepped away from legacy support.

So I look for PS 2 mouse then :)

yes,there very cheap on the other bay look for one with the ball in the bottom.

made by micosoft or hp.

maybe a mod can change your heading,maybe someone on here might spot it easier and have one.:)

good luck.

I edited the thread title to show you are looking for a ps2 mouse. which being a VIP you can now do too Roy :)

On another note you don't really need a ball mouse. You can still find ps2 optical mice and they work fine

I edited the thread title to show you are looking for a ps2 mouse. which being a VIP you can now do too Roy :)

On another note you don't really need a ball mouse. You can still find ps2 optical mice and they work fine

wow,i didnt know i could do that!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom