PDA

View Full Version : WinUAE won't see my HDDs

RedDaemonFox
26th December 2009, 23:38
Okay, so after installing 3.1 using Arnljot's guide for setting up my CF solution. I put it back in my 1200, messed around a bit, then Dled some patches, InstallerNG and DOpus 4. Putting it back in my 1200, none of the installers worked. NP, i told myself, just re-transfer them. So i load my 1200CF transfer config.( I use a Targus CF-USB adapter, works everytime) Okay, so I fire it up. My CF isn't seen. I go to HD toolbox, my CF isn't there. I reset my rig. No change. I put it back in my 1200, which is seen, but no programs work and HDtoolbox calls my drive unknown. So here I am

arnljot
26th December 2009, 23:49
Did you run WinUAE as the Administrator and with the -disableharddrivesafetycheck option?

When you then click "Add hardrives" you should see your CF card. Also make sure you see your CF card in Windows Explorer, if it's there it should be available as a removable drive, and selecting it should trigger a prompt asking if you would like to format it. To which you'll ofcorse will decline.

Also, make sure that 0x1FE00 is set as MaxTransfer when using a CF card, if not files will be corrupted when copied into the CF card.

RedDaemonFox
27th December 2009, 01:23
I AM the Admin on my machine(s), but I don't usually use that option. Is there a way to make a shortcut to that? My memory of shortcuts is rusty, but I used to make custom ones for different Zdoom WADS. I'll try that later, when my Windows box and CF are in my reach.(I'm on my powerbook currently)

arnljot
27th December 2009, 01:28
When you edit the properties for the shortcut you can add the option to disable the safety check.

For xp I'm not sure if it's sufficient to be administrator, but I think so. For Vista and Win7 I think it has to be run as the Administrator. You can make a sheduled on demand task, which you make a short cut to.

RedDaemonFox
27th December 2009, 03:35
Xp its fine if you have admin account, you're think Crapsta or Sheven (vista and 7)

---------- Post added at 02:35 ---------- Previous post was at 00:58 ----------

Mods, you can mark this solved.

I went to run, and winuae -youknowwhat command, just need to read up on creating a batch file to run the command when I click on WinUAE