PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Amiga 4000T mainboard

ancalimon
29th December 2009, 17:04
I have a busted Escom Amiga 4000T mainboard. May consider swapping my modded A1200 for an A4000T mainboard.

iRetrOVolver
24th June 2014, 08:32
Busted in what way?

Would a new (naked) PCB help you to rebuild the PCB and therefore the machine?

ancalimon
25th June 2014, 18:43
Busted in what way?

Would a new (naked) PCB help you to rebuild the PCB and therefore the machine?

There has been progress and the A4000T mainboard is working again. We also have an empty pcb too :)
It will be totally fixed this week. The only thing missing now is the lost Toccata which should go together with my Vlab Motion.

iRetrOVolver
25th June 2014, 19:21
Cool -- I always wonder about extension cards that were state of the art back in the hay days.. Do people just WANT them because of what they know they were like back then? Or are they used as intended? Toccata I get you.. But Vlab Motion? Or am I missing something here?

Just wondering -- no disrespect what so ever :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ancalimon
26th June 2014, 07:04
Cool -- I always wonder about extension cards that were state of the art back in the hay days.. Do people just WANT them because of what they know they were like back then? Or are they used as intended? Toccata I get you.. But Vlab Motion? Or am I missing something here?

Just wondering -- no disrespect what so ever :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been able to use my A4000T for more than 10 years. I just want it to return back to what it was :) I'll of course try doing something with it after all these years.

I got it second hand from someone here who paid huge amounts of money and decided to sell it because "the Cyberstormppc and CyberVisionPPC were too complicated" for him to spend time. He only used it for a couple of months... I guess he did not have Amiga friends to help him and he probably bought it because he had lots of money to spend... Saw an advert in a newspaper (which was unusual around 1998-99) and got it. All of the cards came together.

When I first booted it up, there was a crude default workbench 3.1 installation which did not boot properly because of the failing scsi harddrive. I installed my 120gb hdd from my old blown up A1200 BlizzardPPC, Bvision, Power Flyer and could boot by adding the workbench.library from the 4000T WB3.1 floppy. Could not see most of my other partions because they were above 4gb, so I bought an Acard SCSIDE to try and use it with the SCSI controller. SCSI hdds were too expensive and not available from normal computer shops.

It was like a dream. I used it for around 3 years and after that it simply stopped working because the p8 p9 connector from the PSU melted itself on the mb. (it turned out to be something broken under the connectors on the mainboard. Hopefully other things can also be fixed (joystick port not working, keyboard suddenly started to type garbage, etc). I don't know if all these were related to the power. But my friend is going to test everything. He was able to boot the machine and sent me a photo of Filemaster running. :) He will fix the p8 p9 fully and start testing my cards, and other things.

iRetrOVolver
26th June 2014, 08:07
Looks like this project is in capable hands and I hope that once that king of amiga's is up and running again, the Retro p0rn Pictures will follow :)