fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I posted this over on EAB, I thought I would share with you guys too...

I got an internal SCSI Cable from Vesalia so that I can connect up my External CDRom via the 50pin header on my Accelerator card thus keeping my PCMCIA port free for other uses.

I am pleased to say that after connecting up the cable and much fiddling to make it fit with the floppy drive it all seams to work :)

I took some pics as below, still to do: I need to create a mount or bracket to fix the connector port to the case, this will be fun!

I will probably just cut/drill/file out a hole in the original plastic SCSI port cover and Screw it to the cable.

Next mod will be an indivision AGA when they come back into stock... At the moment i'm just running 64 colour AGA but its pretty nice via RGB scart on my LCD TV except for the icon flicker.

Steve.

IMG_6993.jpg

IMG_6996.jpg

IMG_6997.jpg

IMG_6998.jpg

IMG_6999.jpg

IMG_7001.jpg

IMG_6976.jpg

IMG_7002.jpg

A neat solution there. :D

Co-incidentally, I also have exactly the same desk for my 1200, although I had to lower the tray by an inch and a half in order to make it fit neatly.

A neat solution there. :D

Co-incidentally, I also have exactly the same desk for my 1200, although I had to lower the tray by an inch and a half in order to make it fit neatly.

Thanks r0jaws. Got to love Ikea stuff! Pretty sure I had to lower the shelf on mine too but I first built it about 6 years ago. The Amiga spent 5 years or so in storage, so glad I got it out again!

I'll give you the very same answer as I did on EAB (English Amiga Board, not Epic Anteaters Board! - common mistake):

Grab an old Multi-I/O board just for the metal back holder/bracket, then use the parallel hole to hold the SCSI connector. They are the very same size!

Then just use hot-melt glue inside the case to secure the metal in place.

Professional look and secure!

Cheers rkauer, I am thinking thats maybe the best option so i've not destroyed my plastic cover yet. Just don't have one in my box of bits so keeping an eye out for something :)

Problem is you go into small PC shops or electrical shops (again the smaller ones) and they don't want to know if you're just after something small they just send you away!

Then go buying one of those old multi I/O cards just to use the bracket.

But I bet someone more local can toss one of those brackets in the mail for you. :)

Back
Top Bottom