Not open for further replies.

wizzo

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
US
Region
Texas
I have two Amiga 600's. When they are powered up, the screen only shows white. If I leave one on long enough, it will eventually show the kickstart screen. I have disconnected the hard drive, reseated the kickstart ROM, disconnected/reconnected keyboard, and disconnected/reconnected the floppy drive.

I have tested the power supply on my Amiga 1200. Power supply is fine.

I got these 600's from different places, and they both did work when I originally received them. Looks like years of non-use took its toll.

Hoping someone with repair skills willing to take these on and see if they can bring them back to life for me.

Sounds like a case of bad capacitors. As simple as that probably. I could do it for you but I'm on the other side of the world, more or less =)

kipper2k replaced the caps on one of the A600's. That didn't stop the white screen.

I had a similar problem some time ago with a 1.5 revision board. The problem was that the HD had "leaked" on the keyboard socket and was causing a short circuit... :blink:

The solution was to bathe the board in white vinegar and then gently scrub the entire board with a medium toothbrush. You have to be extra thorough with the keyboard socket and with the keyboard cable. When done put it in the washing machine for 30-45 mins @45 degrees with a full washing tablet and a few drops of green dishwashing liquid around the keyboard socket and then let it dry for a few days. DON'T PLUG IT IN WHEN WET OR IT WILL CERTAINLY FRY... or worse!:wooha:

You could also try Isopropyl Alcohol >98C instead of the white vinegar but that will probably be more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom