Closed pc2100 or pc2700 DDR PC ram 2x 1Gb stick(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShambleS1980

Softmodder/Tsoper/Repairer of old xboxes.
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Country
Wales
Region
Gwynedd
heyo.
trying to find some pc2700 ram. needs to be 2x 1gb really.
I have MSI mother board with some older type amd cpu installed.
using it as a media center for iplayer and other things like that on the downstairs tv thanx to an ati radeon 9250 s-video out.

Generally its doing everything i want it to do. I rummaged through some of my boxes and found 2x 256mb modules that im using right now.

problem is antivirus uses 256mb or so ram just sitting there idle.
then i have my kerio fire wall. and other things like bit torrent sitting idle. and it makes the whole system sluggish.
the board can use 2x1Gb up to pc2700 and i figure as im using xp pro (x86) then 2Gb should be where i want to be..
I have sent a message to a guy on ebay. dont think il get a reply. but Id rather buy from here any way.

Let me know if you have what im looking for and what you want for it. pc2100 would be fine too but id prefer pc2700.

ive got some unbranded ddr400/3200.

this board wont do 3200 (the same basic board with diferent chipset does but not this one. 2700 is as fast as i can go)

memory runs at the speed set in bios, no whats on the sticker. 3200 will run slower. More of a problem is memory compatibilty. Buying any brand or speed is hit and miss with older boards.

the km400A chipset supports 3200, but this is a KM400 chipset that only supports a maximum of 2700 and the board its self is a 333Fsb max..

I understand what your saying about clock speeds and ram being able to run at lower speeds, and its not just what is jammed on the label.
but i would hate to buy something then have to return it as the board was particularly fussy about the modules it will use.

just a quick update on this..
i think i found some on feebay. little bit more than i wanted to pay i guess, but atleast it was listed how i wanted it to be listed..

"pc2700 2x1gb low density 184 pin"
So all of that should mean that the ram is at least in with a fighting chance of being compatable..

i had never actually noticed just how much ram general day to day background applications used. and antivirus(s) seem to use a lot.

any way please dont close this yet (need to wait for the ram to arrive and be tested 1st,) but i thought id update so people dont go searching through boxes for ram they may not even have.

Well, just in case...

I have some Corsair Value RAMs , DDR400 but very compatible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom