Bootay

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Michigan
I have an A4000 but most of the keys do not work and neither does the Caps Lock key. I currently use an A2000 keyboard with adapter but I prefer the A4000 so that it matches. Keyboard needs to be in good working condition.

Thanks

It might be that your keyboard membrane is broken... You can replace the keyboard membrane (or indeed the whole keyboard) with one from an A500 that has a single connector between the keyboard membrane and pcb: that's what I did.

Whole A500 keyboards frequently are sold on ebay for about 5 quid, but make sure you get the right one :D

Oh...nice. I didn't know you could do that. Is the A500 the only model Amiga that you can do this with?

And Jimbob005 did you say you had one for sale?

yes mate well you may be able to help me out im after an a2000 keyboard you can have the a500 membrane and if you get the A4000 one up and running would you sell me the A2000 one ???

send me your address and i will go and find it out of the loft and send it you

thanks james

a500.jpg

this be in the post tomorrow

thanks james

Jimbob005:

Thanks for the membrane. It came in the mail today. I installed it and no luck. Now other keys don't work. So either the membrane you sent me is also bad or I have something else going on. I really appreciate it though.

Mods: This is an old thread of mine that can be closed. Just tidying up a bit.

Thanks again jimbob005.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom