Status
Not open for further replies.

scole

Banned
Rating - 97.7%
43   1   0
Country
Kent, UK
I have a old iMac kicking around that I want shot of. It's a bit of a Jonah to be honest, got it as part of a job lot and pulled the gig of ram it had to soup up a higher spec one for resale. As it stands though, it works. Has 256mb ram (I think), 300mhz (or maybe 333) processor and a 40gb hdd with is 10.3 installed (I need to put this back in actually, I got halfway through cleaning it before I was sidetracked). Only issue is the cd drive. It seems to be knackered. It had a disc stuck in it when I got it, I took it apart to get it out, it doesn't work after putting it back together, not sucking the disks in as it should (slot load version). I'm sure it could be fixed if someone put some care into it, I just lost interest.

I was going to use it as a web server, but as this one does not have FireWire, or a working cd drive, I can't easily install 10.4, my system of choice, I gave up and got a g4 cube for that instead. I have read of people installing tiger via USB external drives, but it's more energy and time than I'm willing to devote.

Anyway, it's yours if you want it. Not after any money, but if someone would like to swap some ram for my blizzard 1230, 32mb say, or a responsive amiga mouse then I won't say no! I'd be even happier if someone would help me get shapeshifter installed on my 1200 in exchange for it!

Will send anywhere in uk via parcel2go, will cost a tenner. No keyboard, mouse or power lead (standard kettle lead and any USB peripherals will do ya).

S

Ah I see... I was imagining one of those mini towers but since the title says iMac I shouldn't have! :oops:

I quite fancy one of the towers to run audio and MIDI stuff etc like we did at uni. I just remember those iMacs for overheating and crashing... even if they were as powerful as the towers, they weren't as much use! They did look nice though!

I could be intrested in this if dougal falls through

as to shapeshifter, at the moment theres an HDF in the zone on EAB that should get you started

Ah I see... I was imagining one of those mini towers but since the title says iMac I shouldn't have! :oops:

I quite fancy one of the towers to run audio and MIDI stuff etc like we did at uni. I just remember those iMacs for overheating and crashing... even if they were as powerful as the towers, they weren't as much use! They did look nice though!

They overheated because Jobs took the fan out of the second gen of iMacs
confection my butt..Heat The Eletronics Killer...:computertrash:

I dunno what you did to get a G3 iMac (fanless slot loading) to overheat. I ran mine 24/7 though summers and it was fine. Maybe don't block the vents?

confection my butt..Heat The Eletronics Killer...:computertrash:

[/Spock on]
Short range sensors indicate no cake or candy content in an iMac, Captain.....that would be illogical....
[/Spock off]

:mrgreen:

@ rkauer

Maybe he needs the heat, to cook the cake...??

:LOL:

hello, i am interested, and i want a mac, to play about with. i can pay pal and i live in Manchester. can you reply or pm me to let me know if i can have this item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom