Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hi all, i am looking for a rechargable battery pack for my Sega Game Gear. I am specifically looking for one that can be opened up and put back together with screws so i can replace the battery should it be dead.

Prefered model would be the official Sega Powerback as i have seen this one used online. I am willing however to consider any pack that is not a sealed unit and can be opened easily for battery replacement. Looking for as cheap as possible please.

Thanks

I've got at least one of these battery packs. I'll have to see if any of them can be opened. I'll let you know in just a little bit.

Heather

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

It looks like I've only got one of these. I wanted to keep that one for myself. I have another style battery pack, but I don't think it clips to the Game Gear like the style you showed.

Sorry. :(

Heather

Hi Heather, not to worry :)

There's a seller on Amazon US that will ship to the UK but he wants £45 for international shipping according to Amazon's converter :(

Thanks Heather, i have also asked on the SMS Power website so i'll give it a day or two and if i get no replies i'll send you a pm to discuss if you're sure you don't mind? :)

I sent the battery pack, sans batteries, to scrappy yesterday. Please let me know when it arrives!

Heather

Thanks Heather, will update when it arrives. After finding one in the US and getting Heather to purchase it and ship it to me i was talking to my cousin (recent signup here VIPP) last night and discovered he one of the exact same Official Powerback batteries attached to his Game Gear :LOL:

Doh! :Doh: Did he want to part with it?

When I took the battery pack to the Post Office to send it off, the worker there asked if there was anything hazardous, then named off a few things, including batteries! It's the first time I've ever been asked specifically about batteries and it was before they even saw the customs label with the item description. :eek:

Fortunately, I had removed the extremely corroded batteries from the unit before packaging it. When they read the item description, they asked and I told them it was just the outside parts, and there were no batteries in it.

Heather

No he's not parting with it, he's waiting to see how my replacement of the battery works out and if successful will mod his too.

On another note, Its Arrived! :)

Thanks to Heather i am now the owner of a Sega Powerback. Now off to find a replacement battery for it.

Thanks again Heather and positive feedback left for you.

Mike

I'm very glad it arrived safe and sound! Drop me a PM when you get it working properly. (y)

Closing thread.

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom